What's new

Massive Marijuana Grow in Mexico

wonder why they didnt say where it was? lol...just northwest of San Felipe baja mexico....across the road from pete's camp..rancho eldorado..

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
LOL they just found another one lol peace out Headband707

really? do you have the article?

I read a thing in a recent High Times (not that they are a legitimate news source) that the cartels were making it harder and harder for small time pot farmers to grow, and that there are road blocks everywhere stopping the small time smuggling.

But the big grows are paid for, and allowed to go on. With the size of an operation like that I can believe it. That is a lot of pot for one group of people to produce.

The frontline on TV the other night alluded to that as well. The guy said farmers were being pushed out of mexico with violence, and that they were growing stateside to avoid having their crops stolen by the cartels.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
There are 640 acres in a sq mile making this nearly 1/2 a sq mile. It makes me wonder if the hours of direct sun needed per day is all it is cracked up to be. I guess with 300 acres so what if it yields half of what it does with direct sun. I bet that shade cloth would keep dew from molding a crop as well as rain. It it were irrigated so what if the rain rolls off the sides. This is going to have more than a few people thinking and rethinking.

Shade cloth starts out cutting only about 20% of the visible light. Denser versions cut out more light.

I doubt it really sheds rain either. the holes aren't quite that small.

I guess it could be another material that cuts out a ton of light, collects dew, and repels rain.......but shade cloth seems most obvious

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I found this the other day surfin the net...

I found this the other day surfin the net...

really? do you have the article?

I read a thing in a recent High Times (not that they are a legitimate news source) that the cartels were making it harder and harder for small time pot farmers to grow, and that there are road blocks everywhere stopping the small time smuggling.

But the big grows are paid for, and allowed to go on. With the size of an operation like that I can believe it. That is a lot of pot for one group of people to produce.

The frontline on TV the other night alluded to that as well. The guy said farmers were being pushed out of mexico with violence, and that they were growing stateside to avoid having their crops stolen by the cartels.

Soldiers seize 40 tons of pot in northern Mexico

Published July 26, 2011

<!-- /user-interaction -->
Mexico City – Soldiers discovered 23 marijuana fields and seized 40 tons of harvested pot in the northern state of Durango, Mexico's National Defense Secretariat, or Sedena, said.
The fields, covering a total of 60 hectares (148 acres), were found Saturday in the municipality of Santa Maria del Oro, Sedena said in a statement.
Along with the 40 tons of pot, troops confiscated two rifles, ammunition, 26 military-style uniforms, five vehicles and a laboratory.
Sedena did not mention any arrests in connection with the operation.
Earlier this month, troops in the northwestern state of Baja California discovered the biggest marijuana plantation in Mexico's history.
The 120-hectare (296-acre) spread had the potential to yield 120 million tons of marijuana worth roughly $158 million, the commander of Mexico's 2nd Military Region, Gen. Alfonso Duarte Mujica, told the press.
The plantation was found on the south side of Ensenada, near the U.S. border, just 2 kilometers (1.6 miles) from the main north-south highway in Baja California, the general said.
Mexico, the main conduit for illegal drugs entering the United States, produced roughly 19,000 tons of marijuana in 2009, according to official estimates.
Besides domestically produced marijuana, heroin and crystal meth, Mexican drug cartels traffic in cocaine and heroin from South America.
More than 40,000 people have died in Mexico since December 2006 in a conflict pitting rival drug cartels against each other and the security forces.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...40-tons-pot-in-northern-mexico/#ixzz1TKn5Qaaw

doublejj

Veteran
Ol Mo!

Ol Mo!

This picture was taken about 10 years ago, just a few miles south of this big grow in Baja.
We would camp on the beach & build a big bonfire. Surf, fish, swim. Make a run to town ever couple days for more beer & ice. You could pull abalone off the rocks the size of dinner plates & catch mucho lobster.
If you look in the middle of this picture you'll see 'Mo'. We named him Mo because none of us had ever seen Mo lobster than that. We guessed 9#. We all porked out on lobster taco's that night.:)

I sure miss those trips

peace
doublejj

attachment.php

Attachments

• 7-23-2011 Baja 001.jpg
    7-23-2011 Baja 001.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 27

Kushed_

Soldiers seize 40 tons of pot in northern Mexico

Published July 26, 2011

<!-- /user-interaction -->
The 120-hectare (296-acre) spread had the potential to yield 120 million tons of marijuana worth roughly $158 million, the commander of Mexico's 2nd Military Region, Gen. Alfonso Duarte Mujica, told the press.
The plantation was found on the south side of Ensenada, near the U.S. border, just 2 kilometers (1.6 miles) from the main north-south highway in Baja California, the general said.

120 million tons at 5 lb./plant equals 48 billion plants!! I think the general was standing too close to the buds!!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Ya gotta hold your pinky up to the side of your mouth when you say "48 BILLION plants!"
4449230103_austin_powers_4_more_about_dr_evil_answer_10_xlarge.jpeg

Canna-Bass

Looks like Mexico is sending a message.
They are willing to bring tons and tons across the border,weather or not anyone thinks it is the best thing to happen since sliced bread or not THAT field is only a portion of what is needed to heal the population of the U.S.A.
I say rise above people.
It took a massive effort to pull that off and from the looks of it I can insinuate that is a military facility.
Some greedy bastard is already dead for it I can assure you.
Come on peeps wake up and smell your flesh burning.
O yea you have to turn off the T.V. to do that.

NOTB

yea ton's of what ? dirt weed ? that's useless ...... where i'm from, go head and throw it on the pallets.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Yeah they sure have shit weed lol... That pic of how they grow is a big clue right there no attention to details.. I assume they are just throwing whatever they have down and harvesting in big piles lol. Not to mention the climate there is all wrong once you harvest. A bit of tweaking and these boys could have somthing very sweet and they don't even know it . I guess they just don't care yet. peace out Headband707

highroller614

I agree there's some shit weed in mexico.......but there is some quality there also sorry some of you never seen any. They keep busting all this weed, how's come they can't bust the meth and herion guys?

ithruxix

Not defending the mexican cartel, but some of their bud is pretty decent. A lot, and I mean a lot, is sold in CA to other states, as CA green.

More and more MM members are hiring illegals, and just growing in our forests. Which allows the pot to already be in the US... I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of you guys are smoking mex right now haha.

M

michael68

Man that is crazy. I wonder what they did to the soil cause the plants look healthy for being in desert conditions, heat and soil.

It's hot down there in San Quintin and Baja in general. Hangs around 100 degrees during the day and close to 90 at night easily. There is some humidity though.

Latest posts

Latest posts