What's new

~Just-In-Case~

JustinCase

Y-It's day 42 or something like that +/- a few days. They beginning their second push. Lots of new pistels, some fattening going on, and new trich development is going on as well. I got tons of those things.
I'll toss you another one

O.k. I'll toss ya two

Last edited:
D

DaveMR

Well J.I.C. those last pics have made me terribly envious !!!! muhahahahaha
What strain is she ??

respect :)

Dave

R

Raistlin Majere

hello justinthebutt :wave:
damn them godberry looking SWEET !!!!
oh the oil too
:friends: keep it green my friend :rasta:

D

DaveMR

Hello YwouldntI and Raistlin \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

JIC am I right in thinking that the pinky coloured ones are the Mandala femmed ?? whhoooooooopeeeeeeee if they are :)

Hope ya don't mind but heres a few pics of my leaf problem. Growing in Westlands+ compost, feeding with 1ml bio bizz grow and 3ml per litre of bio bloom. I don't have anyway of testing for ph or ec at the moment. I am under a 600 watt for the flowering and these have been in flower about 30 days. The problem started some 3 weeks ago.
Thanks

Dave
ps the two broader leaved ons are Hindu Kush the other thinner leaved ones are a so called C19

D

DaveMR

ps :)
this is an overall view of the state of the plants so far, the three in front are Blueberry, in for sexing, the two in the middle are Hindu Kush the rest are C19. The bud and thc production doesn't seem to have been slowed at all so far.

JustinCase

Dave-What's up man no I don't buy femmed. Closest I have is some selfed Afgooey beans. Those are straight up regular old beans. As far as I know the female seeds of Mandala#1 are one of the green pheno's.
The first two shots look almost like light burn. So does the last one kind of. I know I'm wrong here I'll look at them more closely tomorrow. And yeah the room doesn't seem too affected by it all.
-----------------------------------

Since we are talking about cloning I thought you might like to see me clone real fast.

First the Gear

Now let's watch em grow

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Wut up Just, had ta check u out after I seen the Pics, damn! Good shit man, u got some quality grow skillz, photo's is bangin too.. I pull up my chair now. :lurk:

C

cellardweller

Well, everyone's gotta have ROOTS! Keep them funny pics comin too!

Y

YwouldntI

sup just,i been splittin the stems ever since i saw you do it.only in two though,the roots seem to explode off each side.thanx for that yo.you be helplin mf's and dont even know.prolly peeps are tryin ur clonin method right now just like i did LOL.i mean i could already clone my ass off when i saw,but this way makes more roots and ya know i love me some roots lol peace yo-Y-

JustinCase

Mo-Thanks Mo!
hazy-I do love me some colors in my buds. Especially when they have the potency to match.
CD-Without roots my friend we all just some pollen floating in the wind. I'll try to keep the funny's coming. And I'm the guy with the eyeball head. ;)
Y-Thanks bro, yeah I've found splitting the stalk I've found works quite well. It's all about sharing the knowledge for me. Even in real life, I help someone out to learn this craft. Even if after being taught, they go on a high an mighty trip(ya know the type, too good to talk to ya or try to charge you 300 an ounce saying your getting the best deal in town, even though its your clones they running, and your knowledge they running with), that's fine by me, because I know that without the knowledge I spread to em(and clones), they'd be just another sucker paying too much for some middy's. And when their plants start looking like the one below they will want the help that they need, I won't be there. Hopefully that will teach them to not burn the bridges they crossed. That's why if I need to find some bomb diggity at an affordable price, I know I "will" find the best deal in town.
------------------------------------
Ok if your plants look like this

So when I don't care about a plant I really don't care. Bottom line this is not a winner plant for me. It's waaaay too low maintenance and rather finicky at that. It has absolutely no smell, even when a bud is rubbed directly. This plant sucks. Here's the list of trauma's to this plant. Ok we have light burn, under-watering, over-watering, over-fertilization, essential oils dropped on it, heat stress, fungus gnats, ummm theres something else that I did to it as well but I just can't seem to think of what it is right now. But this ugly biatch just sits off to the side looking like crap, and treated like a 2 dollar toothless crack whore on a binge so it doesn't really matter. My grow room having gnats in it, a little annoying(The only other plants they have any interest in though is the new arrival clones, but it's very minimal and being handled, no problem). Even though I'd like to yank this biatch I need her to mature a little more first. The only other thing I have to say about this plant is "They can't all be winners".
That's all for today folks if your one of them yanks have a fun and safe 4th of July.
:spank: :laughing: :joint:

Last edited:

JustinCase

Dave-I'm looking some stuff up for you right now man. I forgot I didn't answer you very well yesterday. Give me a few and I'll edit it into this post.

O.k. here's what I got for ya. The first two pics, can be later stages of sulfur deficiency as well as light burn. It looks very much like a sulfur def actually. Here's what the book says on treating that particular symptom. Now if my diagnosis is off then the treatment won't be all that effective.

**edit**Sulfur (S) deficiency:Young leaves turn lime-green to yellowish. As shortage progresses, leaves yellow interveinally and lack succulence. Veins remain green, and leaf stems and petioles turn purple. Leaf tips can burn, darken, and hook downward. According to literature, youngest leaves should yellow first. But Mauk from Canna Coco in the Netherlands, who has conducted detailed scientific experiments with nutrients, says, "We have repeatedly noticed that the symptoms were most obvious in the older leaves." Sulfur deficiency resembles a nitrogen deficiency. Acute sulfur def causes elongated stems that become woody at the base. sulfur deficiency occurs indoors when the pH is too high or when there is excessive calcium present and available.

Progression of deficiency symptoms at a glance:Similar to nitrogen deficiency: older leaves turn a pale green. Leaf stems turn purple and more leaves turn pale green. Entire leaves turn pale yellow. Interveinal yellowing occurs. Acute deficiency casues more and more leaves to develop purple leaf stems and yellow leaves.

Treat deficiency: by fertilizing with a hydroponic fertilizer that contains sulfur. Lower the pH to 5.5-6. Add inorganic sulfur to a fertilizer that contains magnesium sulfate (epsom salts). Organic sources of sulfur include mushroom composts(One of my most highly recommended additives to soil for flowering especially) and most animal manures. Make sure to apply only well-rotted manures to avoid burning the roots.

Now the best advice is to double check in the infirmary before doing anything. But you roll the dice in there as everything seems to be pH related. O.k. me amigo I hoped that I was of some use if not....Damnit I tried. ;) :wave:

Last edited:
Y

YwouldntI

yo just,
"Even if after being taught, they go on a high an mighty trip(ya know the type, too good to talk to ya or try to charge you 300 an ounce saying your getting the best deal in town, even though its your clones they running, and your knowledge they running with), that's fine by me, because I know that without the knowledge I spread to em(and clones), they'd be just another sucker paying too much for some middy's. And when their plants start looking like the one below they will want the help that they need, I won't be there. Hopefully that will teach them to not burn the bridges they crossed. That's why if I need to find some bomb diggity at an affordable price, I know I "will" find the best deal in town."

i know exactly the type brotha.not me yo,honestly bro until i found this site,i learned 95% of what i knew on my own...readin books and killin plants;) i learned to clone outta a book yo good thing im one of the lucky ones that cloning came real easy for me so i had plenty of plants to learn with hehe...
now since ive found these boards and people with all the knowledge(like urself) ive learned like 110% more then what i thought i did know..if that makes sense...
this site is bringin my game up to a level i only dreamed about before,and bro you know me i aint one to be like "my shits all this or all that" but its killer and i do see improvements in every pull and i know without these boards i wouldnt be gettin as good as it is.so on that note goodlookinout,peace-Y-

D

DaveMR

Ditto YWOULDNTI I got respect for this man :)
It's mainly his pics and camera work that made me look at my style of growing. I was always happy with the smoke I grew myself, and, same as you, read an awful lot and bought a lot of good reference books. I have had PH meters for when I tried NFT, but after the first succesful crop, everything went downhill from there so went back to soil (I am rambling, this Hindu Kush really knocks ya about when trying to type a coherent reply, and all of a sudden ...whoosh I forgot what the fook I was on about :) hahahaha, will have to come back in a min :)
Right have collected my mind from space again :)
Maybe Just in cases answer to my post, may just, just be what I have been doing wrong all these years, which has lead to me always under achieving on weight, my smoke as I said earlier has always done the trick for me, and my missus and friends have always commented on the quality.
PH is something I have tended to ignore, as I thought growing in compost would enable me to eliminate the correcting of PH ( something I have never liked doing, adding ph up and down to my water) Am I rambling again ?? :)
Anyway I wanted to thank you, along with Just in case for the help you have given me.
ps, also need to ask another question :)
Teach me how to achieve the correct PH with or without PH meters. I can quite easily get my hands on a ph meter, and whats all this EC checking I should or should not be doing.
Time I skinned up again.
:)
Dave

JustinCase

I put some dolomite lime in my dirt mix and don't worry about pH. I don't have a pH pen or meter. I have some strips for my fishtanks but I don't use them for my gonj. I don't concern myself with pH because in my eyes it's more of a hydro thing and when your growing outside do you check the pH of your water your feeding it or do you just turn on a hose or grab some lake or stream water. Sure sometimes I'll find myself with a pH related issue using soil, but more times than not it's because too much salts have built up for whatever reason. That and 9 times out of 10 the dolomite takes care of any pH issues with my soil. I do fark it up from time to time though. But that's the way the cookie crumbles.

D

DaveMR

Thanks Just in case :) much appreciated.
I think it's time to take total control of every aspect of my grow, starting with my soil :)

Last edited:
Y

YwouldntI

ok so just,how much dolomite lime in the soil? i check ph everytime and when all the groups are on a different feedin schedule it takes a while to do all three mixes...prolly puts a extra 1/2 hr on my time in there,if i could avoid that i'd give it a try.peace yo

Latest posts

Latest posts