What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New room over watered? Wtf

jw23ck11

Up potted from 2g to 25g in the new room and all Hell broke loose. This has happened the first round and now I'm stumped as to why it's happening again. My other veg doesn't have this problem. Appears to be over watering but I cannot figure out why it's happening now.

Temps 80
Well water room temp
Jack's professional nutrients
Promix hp soil
25g smart pots
Humidity 45%
Lights are 1k de nanolux
Co2 1000-1200 ppm
24hr lights on for veg

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Looks like over watering but why now and not in other rooms and why did it happen the first round in this same room? Am I over looking something crucial? If over watered then how do I fix besides just letting them dry more. They haven't been watered to the point of leaking from the smart pots but the soil is moist.

jw23ck11

They were under a phantom de reflector and a mh 1k blue. I moved them to the flower room to veg under 1k nannolux de. This is day 3 of the new room. Could the light change have stressed them?

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
A lot of times yes. Some stress is normal when transplanting. I've had similar problems as you in the past. I'm sure if you raise/cut back wattage of light and just let them ride out, they should perk up in a few days. I'm sure you know but I'm gonna say it anyways, make sure to let em dry out real good before next watering to make the roots search for water and feel container faster.

You might wanna move one back to the original lamp they were under just to see if that one perks up faster. Might help you troubleshoot the problem faster.

I'm sure others will have some more good advice soon too.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Also, I've never used large containers, but a lot of ppl that do only water small amounts at first after final transplant to not drown them. And then once they root the container, water like normal. Can't really give advice on that though.

As of now, your only option I know of, is to ride the storm of stress out. Just don't give em too much light and make em comfortable.

jw23ck11

Thanks I moved a plant back and also gonna up pot a couple other 2g in old veg and see if it reacts the same. Also another crucial piece of info is the water quality. Uslly it's clear and works fine in soil but it seems a little mredish in the water tanks. Could the water affect them all if it's heavy in iron or other shit? I hate to assume water because it doesn't affect other flowering plants. My biggest problem is it happened the first time when I transplanted the first round.

It's the up-potting that did it.

Smaller pots retain less volume of water than the big pots, so the plants can use up the water before they get overwatered.

One way to fix it is to up the heat to about 30 C or more, so they transpire more water from the leaves, and therefore draw more water out of the soil to replace it.

Also make holes in the sides of your pots to let some oxygen into the soil.

Also get a stick and poke holes into the soil right down to the bottom of the pot, to let some oxygen down there.

Overwatering is not enough oxygen to the roots.

Also let the pots get really dry before watering again; don't keep the pots moist.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
You got a excellent troubleshooting plan together! Stick with it and I wouldn't worry about the actual water just yet. The other plants that are using it that haven't been transplanted are fine, right?

I'm willing to bet it's either change of environment/light on top of the normal stress of transplanting. Or maybe you need to water a smaller amount at first before soaking them. These next transplants you do will tell you. If they droop under the same light they have been under...they're over watered. If they don't droop...change of environment/light is problem.

jw23ck11

Older plants are dropping a little but nothing like this . the soil isn't wet it's moist but could be over watering. I keeping thinking bad water because I do see some similar yet subtle signs on the other bigger plants as well as in the other flower room. Now I want to save these girls so any advise will be taken. Going to let them dry out and get some filters hooked up. I'll get some pics of the current water tank to see if u think it's bad looking. I just can't see how it goes bad now and during the transplant and not any other time.

jw23ck11

Appreciate the help very much. It was definitely bad water from the bottom of the tank. All clean and filtered now.

Vanilla I raised temps real nice and warm when they seemed to be getting their worst and that did the trick. The next day they started bouncing back. Thank you for your help .

picture.php