Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > simpson oil vs canabis infused edibles

Thread Title Search
simpson oil vs canabis infused edibles Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2014, 12:31 AM #1
relic1981

relic1981 is just really nicerelic1981 is just really nicerelic1981 is just really nicerelic1981 is just really nicerelic1981 is just really nicerelic1981 is just really nicerelic1981 is just really nicerelic1981 is just really nicerelic1981 is just really nicerelic1981 is just really nice
simpson oil vs canabis infused edibles

i have been hearing lots of talk about RSO and after looking into it, making several batches, and doing loads of research im left with the question... dont edibles (made from plant material as opposed to hash infused edibles) contain the full spectrum of cannabinoids with the thc (and some of the cbd, it decarbs at a higher temp) decarboxed just as with the rso? i know alot of people dont like rso or Simpson's instructions to use naptha, or iso, which could possibly leave traces of carcinogenic residue from the solvent which is not good if you already have cancer. alternatively, this is not a concern with cannabis infused edibles. both rso and canna butter are crude extractions that are effective as edibles because of the decarboxylation process. so are they basically the same medicine (full spectrum cannabinoids that are decarbed) or am i missing something. in other words whats the big deal about rso type oil? not trying to step on anyones toes, i just wat to open a dialouge addressing this so we all can learn a bit more about it. long before rick came along it was known that cannabis is good medicine for a wide variety of ailments... i can see it being easier to dose than with other edibles if you cant hold anything down or cant eat but that is the only big advantage i see with it. let me know if im off base here... ) im going to make a batch of HOA next to try that out. from what ive read it seems like its the best form of this type of medicine...

i popped into a local dispensary to see how much they were selling their rso type oil for and it was 150 bucks for a gram! the suggested daily dose is one gram so you can see how fast that could get expensive. i tryed not to laugh (out of respect) but i kinda chuckled at that because i can extract about 5 grams of rso type oil from 1 ounce of good herb which would usually retail for 150 to 200 dollars. even if the retail price was 300 dollars (dispensary prices) that would break down to 60 dollars a gram of oil. obviously its better to make it yourself from your own grow, not only is it way cheaper but you know exactly what is going into (and out of) the oil). on the other hand i can make almost 2lbs of uber potent canna butter from a pound of trim after i run it through my bubble bags. you'd be surprised how much thc and other cannabinoids are left over after collecting the trichome heads. obviously the dose weight between the two is way different but i feel it lasts alot longer in butter form. (i get a lot more doses out of the cannabutter, using equal amounts of herb, compared to the rso.) going back to my original thought, and id love to get some input from anyone who uses rso type oil or edibles to treat an illness, wouldnt we get the same benefits from cannabis infused butter, or infused oil (olive oil, coconut oil, etc...) thanks in advance for your input. i look forward to hearing your experiences and thoughts on the subject.

current medical grow: gsc forum cut, 303 kush, platinum og, herijuana og, sour bubble, loompa's HB and purple urkle under 10 1k lights scrog set up, 3 gallon grow backs with house and garden coco (best coco i have found yet (humboldt flower company's royal gold coco is a close 2nd. i use there basement mix with great results but the house and garden coco is the best i have seen, blows canna away)

averaging 1.1 grams per watt in coco with house and garden full line. full strength
0.9 g/w using heavy 16 full line at full strength in coco (house and garden loose coco or Humboldt flower co's royal gold basement mix)

overgrow the government.

Legit 215 patient, cannabis enthusiast, advocate, care taker and connoisseur.
Founder and Directer of Lost Coast Patient Sharing Program.
relic1981 is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:10 AM #2
stoned-trout
if it smells like fish

stoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivor
I was wondering the same thing ... as I want to start trying it soon.......
SML..iff mi spellin and centances suk and yoo don't lyke itt too fukkin bad;/?.....I once was asked what I would say upon getting to the gates of heaven??? m/r is a visitors badge an option??? I would like a few drinks at the bar... YEEHAW....vote for real legalization not sum bullshit...free the weed or kiss my ass...you wont be getting my tax money..
stoned-trout is offline Quote

Old 03-12-2014, 02:30 PM #3
dddaver

dddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant future
I just vape flowers and am no expert but if I understand you right I think you are missing that rso is a higher concentration vs butter or edibles. Therefore to get the same amount of medicine into your system as rso you would need to consume a lot more butter or edibles. But that seems too simple and basic. Maybe I misunderstood you.

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:24 PM #4
m314
IC Mag Supporter

m314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant future
You'll have to eat a LOT of cannabutter or other edibles to get the equivalent of 1 gram a day of RSO. It's easier to eat the oil directly or in capsules. Weed infused edibles are great if you need smaller amounts.

$150 a gram is insane, by the way. I've never seen oil that overpriced anywhere.
m314 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:41 PM #5
blastfrompast

blastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to all
$150bucks a gram...man that is just stupid...
blastfrompast is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2014, 01:41 AM #6
relic1981

relic1981 is just really nicerelic1981 is just really nicerelic1981 is just really nicerelic1981 is just really nicerelic1981 is just really nicerelic1981 is just really nicerelic1981 is just really nicerelic1981 is just really nicerelic1981 is just really nicerelic1981 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaver View Post
I just vape flowers and am no expert but if I understand you right I think you are missing that rso is a higher concentration vs butter or edibles. Therefore to get the same amount of medicine into your system as rso you would need to consume a lot more butter or edibles. But that seems too simple and basic. Maybe I misunderstood you.
i agree with you, i said this exact thing in my post, its easier to consume the oil compared to edibles or butter, but what i am asking is if there are any other benefits besides that with the rso compaired to butter or other edibles. you get all the same cannabinoids and the thc is decarbed in both.

current medical grow: gsc forum cut, 303 kush, platinum og, herijuana og, sour bubble, loompa's HB and purple urkle under 10 1k lights scrog set up, 3 gallon grow backs with house and garden coco (best coco i have found yet (humboldt flower company's royal gold coco is a close 2nd. i use there basement mix with great results but the house and garden coco is the best i have seen, blows canna away)

averaging 1.1 grams per watt in coco with house and garden full line. full strength
0.9 g/w using heavy 16 full line at full strength in coco (house and garden loose coco or Humboldt flower co's royal gold basement mix)

overgrow the government.

Old 03-15-2014, 03:06 PM #7
Huel Perkins

Huel Perkins is just really niceHuel Perkins is just really niceHuel Perkins is just really niceHuel Perkins is just really niceHuel Perkins is just really niceHuel Perkins is just really niceHuel Perkins is just really niceHuel Perkins is just really niceHuel Perkins is just really nice
RSO = edibles minus the food...
Huel Perkins is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:11 AM #8
rsteeb

rsteeb will become famous soon enoughrsteeb will become famous soon enough
/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=26 0719[/img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by relic1981 View Post

i popped into a local dispensary to see how much they were selling their rso type oil for and it was 150 bucks for a gram!...
Harborside offers two types of "full-extract Cannabis oil", ~50% THC with minimal CBD, OR ~20% THC & 20% CBD. The price for either type is $60 for 3.5 grams.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RS0.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	260719

"Make the most of the Indian Hemp Seed and Sow It EVERYwhere!"
--George Washington, (instructions to his gardener, 1794)

"Neither the composition of cannabis nor human physiology has changed since cannabis was illegitimately removed from the U.S. Pharmacopeia in 1940."
--Tod Mikuriya, MD September 20, 1933 – May 20, 2007
rsteeb is offline Quote

Old 03-31-2014, 12:38 AM #9
relic1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteeb View Post
/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=26 0719]View Image[/url]

Harborside offers two types of "full-extract Cannabis oil", ~50% THC with minimal CBD, OR ~20% THC & 20% CBD. The price for either type is $60 for 3.5 grams.
now that seems more like it. i mean this stuff is used almost exclusively by cancer patients and other medical users with serious illnesses. its just wrong to charge 150 a gram, and f'n crazy! cant remember who said it but rso is just like edibles minus the food and butter. do you know which one sells better,..? the high thc, 50% or the high cbd oil, 20%thc and 20% cbd. i have to do some more research on cbd (there is so much info out there and more and more is coming out rapidly due to the high cbd strains making their rounds and the anecdotal reports coming out) and how it interact with thc. from the research ive done so far i believe cbd dosnt negate the medicinal effects of thc it just negates the side effects such as the "high", paranoia, anxiety, etc.. that some patients experience with higher thc, low cbd (traditional) strains. to me the "high" felt adds to the therapeutic qualities of cannabis but the high cbd strains seem promising as far as medicating with. i did recently pick up a high cbd strain (swiss tsunami) for the purpose of making oil out of and experimenting with it for medicinal purposes. as of now its still just a baby, maybe 6inches tall, in a one gallon pot and is vegging very slowly so it will be a while yet before i can take clones from it before putting it into a flower room..

overgrow the government.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:37 AM #10
m314
IC Mag Supporter

m314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant future
High THC strains work better for me for insomnia. They work better than any pharmaceutical drug I've tried. High CBD strains are great for lots of other medical uses. I just harvested my first high CBD strain Harlequin a couple months ago.

I hadn't seen that full extract oil from Harborside. $60 an eighth is the best price I've heard for a high CBD oil. I'd buy some if I didn't have my own oils and tinctures here.
m314 is offline Quote