Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > RECENT interesting findings

Thread Title Search
RECENT interesting findings Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2017, 01:57 PM #401
Dog Star
Banned

Dog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivor
But if you use just Horstail tea for PM problem than you will not have any problems...

only good and beneficial for you,plants and nature...

only from that results you could spot lot of folks dont have good growing skills..
or they dont know for Horstail tea... or dont belive in him..

i saved hundreds of clones with that tea,best antifunghal action and very safe...

PM dont have a chance..
Dog Star is offline Quote

Old 09-30-2017, 02:30 PM #402
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivor
As an Organic Bio-Dynamic grower, I have used horsetail tee for PM it helped but did not cure all the problems of the most susceptible varieties imported directly from Afghanistan and the surrounding areas. UV lights worked better like flower growers in Holland use in greenhouses.
To me the key is using Cannabis varieties that have a high natural resistance vs varieties that have very high susceptibility, think about it, do we really want varieties that have no resistance like many WLD Indicas and their hybrids? I suggest we breed solutions to our problems instead of masking them and increasing problems in the future by using such plants as parents.

Do you know the active materials in horsetail? I do not. Other then diverse alkaloids, nicotinic acid, silica.
-SamS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Star View Post
But if you use just Horstail tea for PM problem than you will not have any problems...

only good and beneficial for you,plants and nature...

only from that results you could spot lot of folks dont have good growing skills..
or they dont know for Horstail tea... or dont belive in him..

i saved hundreds of clones with that tea,best antifunghal action and very safe...

PM dont have a chance..

Last edited by Sam_Skunkman; 10-15-2017 at 05:50 AM..
Sam_Skunkman is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:47 PM #403
mushroombrew

mushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud of
I discovered the lack of resistance in American genetics. Recently dumped most dutch stuff. The masses want OG's.

But there is a high desert PM here in OR. It thrives in 30-40% RH. Aggressively attacks stems. Plants will fall right over and shrivel.

I do not allow visitors period.

Hence the abundance of myclobutanil use. Growers have discovered it clears faster then Avid, floramite etc.(Steep hill)

Really bothers me.

I will start breeding a resistant OG. Will be invaluable in these parts.
mushroombrew is offline Quote

Old 09-30-2017, 03:19 PM #404
Gr33nSanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman View Post
As an Organic Bio-Dyanmic grower, I have used horsetail tee for PM it helped but did not cure all the problems of the most susceptible varieties imported directly from Afghanistan and the surrounding areas. UV lights worked better like flower growers in Holland use in greenhouses.
To me the key is using Cannabis varieties that have a high natural resistance vs varieties that have very high susceptibility, think about it, do we really want varieties that have no resistance like many WLD Indicas and their hybrids? I suggest we breed solutions to our problems instead of masking them and increasing problems in the future by using such plants as parents.

Do you know the active materials in horsetail? I do not. Other then diverse alkaloids, nicotinic acid, silica.
-SamS
Equisitum, and it works best as preventative. 2 weeks cold extraction can be made on a large scale but if you are in a pinch you can do it in hours on the stove. Not sure which method works best I have not had PM for years! Even outdoor I have a few plants and have no PM yet... almost ready!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:20 PM #405
Mtn. Nectar

Mtn. Nectar is a name known to allMtn. Nectar is a name known to allMtn. Nectar is a name known to allMtn. Nectar is a name known to allMtn. Nectar is a name known to allMtn. Nectar is a name known to allMtn. Nectar is a name known to allMtn. Nectar is a name known to allMtn. Nectar is a name known to allMtn. Nectar is a name known to allMtn. Nectar is a name known to all
truth on that og prob with pm..............have tended most all cut versions of og and all had pm suceptibility here in southern Sierra's..........the Lemon Diesel cut which is said to have a high % Og base was grown within Og's cuts and never showed any prob'........If lineage is correct it states some Mexican is present which may be why it was resistant.........tending now stashs Oger ......no pm prob's at all.........and one pheno is all Og fuel............

best in pm resis og roombrew.......

ganj on.........
Mtn. Nectar is offline Quote

Old 09-30-2017, 03:26 PM #406
Dog Star
Banned

Dog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivor
Sam.. if you are biodynamic organic grower than action of Horstail is good known to you..

am saved and later observed tissue that is affected by funghal diseses and a Horstail
even have powers to rejuvenate affected tissue,there was some funny leafes later
growed from this clones that was sprayed by Horstail tea but a plants are saved
even they started to rot and a leafes on them was showed they dieing..

Horstail as a plant is very similar to mushroom,she have spores for reproduction and by
Steiner words she have powers to put back in ground patogene spores of funghal
diseses that affects our plants...

now is already 6-7 years i used and will never use anything dangerous as i use mine meds and even if i dont use i will never use anything from dangerous protectives on mine plants,while Horstail tea is benevolent liquid that have silica,sulphor as natural antifunghals that can play for us in best way protecting our plants and our health.

Those folks that use Myclobutanyl and other stuff from industry are actually insane
as there is a natural tea that have better-stronger action and is 100% safe..

Old 09-30-2017, 04:42 PM #407
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivor
It is a plant.
Kingdom: Plantae
Division: Pteridophyta
Class: Equisetopsida
Order: Equisetales
Family: Equisetaceae
Genus: Equisetum
I do not smoke anything on my Cannabis except for BT maybe used in a young veg stage. I wonder about smoking a horsetail extract that kills PM. Also PM strikes even more at flowering then veg.
I have been a BioDynamic grower from 1973 taught at Alan Chadwicks farm at UCSC, they taught Organic, Bio-Dynamic French intensive raised bed gardening. I have had gardens most my adult life.
The real solution for PM is to use resistant varieties of Cannabis to grow.
-SamS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Star View Post
Sam.. if you are biodynamic organic grower than action of Horstail is good known to you..

am saved and later observed tissue that is affected by funghal diseses and a Horstail
even have powers to rejuvenate affected tissue,there was some funny leafes later
growed from this clones that was sprayed by Horstail tea but a plants are saved
even they started to rot and a leafes on them was showed they dieing..

Horstail as a plant is very similar to mushroom,she have spores for reproduction and by
Steiner words she have powers to put back in ground patogene spores of funghal
diseses that affects our plants...

now is already 6-7 years i used and will never use anything dangerous as i use mine meds and even if i dont use i will never use anything from dangerous protectives on mine plants,while Horstail tea is benevolent liquid that have silica,sulphor as natural antifunghals that can play for us in best way protecting our plants and our health.

Those folks that use Myclobutanyl and other stuff from industry are actually insane
as there is a natural tea that have better-stronger action and is 100% safe..

Last edited by Sam_Skunkman; 10-03-2017 at 05:20 PM..

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:51 PM #408
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivor
Very interesting discussion started here on the use of horsetail. I wonder if adding it to the mulch and/or compost heap could pass some of the benefits to the cannabis plant without having to spray it on the plants.
I already started using horsetail this year in my compost heap. Any info would be really helpful.

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.
exploziv is offline Quote

Old 09-30-2017, 05:54 PM #409
Dog Star
Banned

I use it only as a tea against antifunghal diseases,to add silica and to protect plant
against spidermites and thrips.. ,its triple action actually..

leaving 100 grams in 1.5 liter cold water for 24 hours to soak,then easy cooking simmering
for 20 minutes and later live to get cold,after that you could mix him with water
1:1 ratio or you can spray him pure,3 days in a row as a rule of tumb.

Only Equisetum arvense(Field Horstail) is a right specie,other specie of Horstail can be toxic and dangerous.. that is very important to point to everybody here if you will use it.

Dont use her for mulch as she can ferment then and live very unpleasant smell...
its like a devil comes as it smells a very hard on sulphur..

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:53 PM #410
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

I listed this before, but it is a great review, here is a pdf link.
-SamS

https://agriculturalgenomics.org/publ...netic%20an.pdf

Genetic and Genomic Tools for Cannabis sativa
Daniela Vergara, Halie Baker, Kayla Clancy, Kyle G. Keepers, J. Paul Mendieta, Christopher S. Pauli, Silas B. Tittes, Kristin H. White & Nolan C. Kane