What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peruvian Gold

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
picture.php

Cusco, Capital of the Andes.

I recently returned from a long trip to Peru. I did some trekking up in the Andean Mountains, I went into the Amazon jungle and drank Ayahuasca with a Shipibo Shaman, some San Pedro cactus passed my lips as well (all legal in Peru),

picture.php

Beautiful Cusco and its inhabitants.

picture.php

I took to the habit of chewing through a bag of Coca every day (which is legal in Peru). This is very beneficial for you. Coca is chockfull of calories, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, fibre, minerals such as calcium, phosphorous, iron, potassium, magnesium, sodium, ascorbic acid and vitamins A, C and E. Coca leaf contains more proteins than meat, far more calcium than condensed milk, and is richer in vitamin B-1 than fresh carrots. It produces no toxicity to speak of, creates no dependance, delivers energy in a much better way than sugar, helps against altitude sickness, nausea, headaches, menstrual pains, and in Peruvian hospitals they use it in various treatments against diverse diseases such as chronic anemia, depression, osteoporosis, arthritis and leukemia.

So, an extremely useful plant, misunderstood, vilified and criminalized by Western society. Hm, where have I heard that before?

picture.php

I also picked up some of this, and it sure rocked my world. I admit I had not smoked for a week, but I can tell good weed from bad weed any time of day, and this was just outstanding. It was seeded and stalky, I'd say outdoor crop, and there's really no reason why you should grow anything but outdoors in this wonderful country. It was as strong as anything I've had in Amsterdam or along the US. coasts, it might even be as potent as the Bhang of central India (although I've never come across anything to match it so far). The very balanced and intense high made me think that the grower simply picked up some top notch genetics on the internet, but since I don't know, and since it came out of the Inca highlands of Peru, I'll simply call it Peruvian Gold.

picture.php

I got a handful of seeds out of a large bag of produce. Now I'll grow it, find some good fathers and mothers, see what yields, make more seeds and spread the joy. It's going to be a slow thread in the beginning, since I'm just about to pop some seeds, but it'll pick up as I eventually throw them into flower and the fun starts.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
In south America, unless they are growing genetics from Europe there is very little background information. Typically, the background is that this is the best weed that would survive there, plain and simple. You find that to be true in many countries.

blan-k-flor

Veteran
Beautiful! Looks like a long flowering sativa so be prepared to wait some time:). I see you enjoyed your trip:dance013:. I´m a fan of coca leaves too:biggrin:. Good luck with those seeds!!:wave:

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
is it hard to grow the coca plants here?

is it hard to find seed to grow them? :thank you:

are the seeds avable down there?

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hey Rosy Cheeks !

Thank you much for sharing ! Great picts !

I didn't know the Coca leaves contained so many good nutrients, thanks for all the info !

My friend once grew a peruvian bagseed herb, it was a very foxtaily sativa with such an amazing high and smoke, really close to some long neville haze I came across. Truely a beauty, wish we had some seeds left.. But you could distinguish the high from typical hybrids, very up positive high, not overwhelming.

looking forward to see your seeds pop !

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Great start to a thread Rosy! I am so jealous of your trip but glad you had a chance to get a taste of Peru and all her wares. Respect.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Don't get so excited about the coca leaf,and don't promote it!
It is the same as the white stuff (milder) and it is addictive and fucks people up,most people will miss it when it is gone and want more!!

Don't talk nonsens, drank gallons of the tea in the past.My Peruvian supplier brought large packages of tea bags.A little bit of lemon juice in the tea and you had energy for the whole day, but addictive don't think so.Coffee is far more addictive.

it_it_delisse-coca-tea-big-box-100ct-500x500.jpg

Keep on growing :)

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Thank you all for your great replies.

Nice pics :yes:, but don't you have any background info about the strain???

No, which makes it even more exciting. It mostly Sativa, stays mainly in the head. The smell of it was sweet and grassy, complete absence of skunk, diesel, pineapple or other known influences. I was very suspicious of it in the beginning because of the terpenoids, it's just that it was so strong that I thought why work with SSSDHs when you've got this growing in the backwoods of Peru? :D

Beautiful! Looks like a long flowering sativa so be prepared to wait some time:).

We'll just have to wait and see about flowering time and yield. Cashcroppers generally don't like waiting too long on their harvests. I'm hoping that the grower has tweaked the genetics on that aspect, but if it takes 14 weeks (indoors) then 14 weeks it is.

is it hard to grow the coca plants here?

is it hard to find seed to grow them? :thank you:

are the seeds avable down there?

Coca is a mid to high altitude plant, for good potency best grown in mountain regions. I've heard of a few people trying to grow it in their growrooms. Apparently the seeds need to be fresh, no older than two weeks in order to germ. It's a big feeder, sensitive to abuse, especially drought. I believe that unless you have 10 acres or more at your disposal it isn't worth it. Know that coca leaves is closer to coffee as a stimuli than Cannabis. It will charge you with an euphoric energy rather than make you high (well, chew a lot and you'll get a kick out of it), but it's way healthier than coffee or red bull.
Coca was a great export product and many types of medications (not to mention Coca Cola) contained coca, before the great global ban kicked in. Early 1930's, the world's leading Coca producer was Japan, closely followed by the US and Europe.

Don't get so excited about the coca leaf,and don't promote it! (wrong forum)
It is the same as the white stuff (milder) and it is addictive and it fucks people up...most people will miss it when it is gone and crave more!!

I totally disagree with you on that.

Coca has nothing in common with cocaine. Coca is a natural substance, highly nutritious, with many medical properties. It can be taken every day for 50 years straight and it creates no ill effect or addiction whatsoever.

Cocaine on the other hand is an abomination. It's a synthetic extraction and concentration of the Coca alkaloids. It has lost its nutritious and medical properties only to become a recreative drug that destroys your health and creates dependence. It's a classic example of what is beneficial in small doses becomes toxic in high doses.

picture.php

The Vegetalista shop at the market in Cusco. San Pedro, Coca, Mapacho (jungle tobacco), all the joys of the Latin American jungle can be found here.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Since you're not the moderator of this forum, it is not for you to tell me what I should keep to myself.

Whatever is acceptable according to the site rules is acceptable in this thread. Period.

You can think and feel what you like about the Coca plant, so can I. It's called freedom of thought and speech.

A five year old can do his own research on the subject, I wish for anyone reading this to do so. Stay informed.

Stay of the coffee will you, it's not doing you any good. You're a bit edgy today.

That said, please refrain from continuous comments about Coca, this is a thread about the Peruvian Gold.

Last edited:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Rushfan wake-up..
The drug is not destructive, people are doing the destruction by concentrating alkaloids, snorting HCl salts, cutting it with amphetamines, freebasing it etc.. Mama Coca has been used for thousands of years safely, revered as a holy gift, and used for the entire benefit of society. This all changed when white man came along, go back to the history books buddy. Half of the coca leaf crop goes to domestic consumption, in tea etc.. where it is still used safely today and is actually a 'superfood' amino acids, protein, calcium and all. The rest goes to coca cola and the coke production. Most of domestic is not purer than 10-15% by the time it hits the streets with meth production in mexico being what it is these days.
Stop demonising a plant, does it sound familiar ( On a cannabis forum haha please we are plant allies here) ??? Also please take into account that hardly anyone in this day and age has done anything remotely resembling coke since the 80's unless they can make it themselves or have gone to Peru or Bolivia themselves, which I have personally verified over the last decade with my limited chemistry knowledge.. Don't be so sure about things you actually do not know about and let Rosy Cheeks disseminate that awesome knowledge and personal experiences for the rest of us in peace please!

BTW folks.. Coca seed is available on intraweb freely, nova and coca, also if shipping, scrape berry off beans and pack them in a ziplock in damp spagnum moss and post away. That is the way, most germinate in transit and are ready to pot out on arrival. Any other method that dries beans first WILL fail, they are ONLY viable within 3 or 4 weeks at most from coming off the plant and only if they do not dry out.

I have a magic garden including mary jane... :)
San Pedro and hybrids
Peyote
Coca Nova
Katha Edulis
Boabab
Peruvian Torch and hybrids
Bridgessi - Multiple forms and mutations incl. columnar
Morning glories
Vanilla orchids
Various Acacias and mimosa
Chachruna
Ayuascha
Tobacco - Golden Virginia
Syrian Rue
Poppies
Salvia
Silly fun guys...

and many others...Keep the magic flowing Rosy and Rush, make some coca tea and release some dopamine, you sound like you need it. And stay off coke kids, it is an enigma you will chase your whole life if you want. Not worth it. Keep a plant, make a new freind today. Nuff' said let us please keep discussion to topic unless thread starter wants to tell us 'bout something else cuz it is his thread after all and freedom of speech (within the TOU of course) and all..Rush your coke flames just dilute the value of this thread.

Last edited:

Mr.Bill

Wow rush you should really calm down man, he just shared his experience and knowledge on his trip, the leaves were just a part of the experience, he mentioned it, he mentioned the plausible and factual benefits in it's natural state and moved on. YOU SHOULD DO THE SAME. Telling people to stfu and what not, totally not called for in the slightest. Either way you said your peace, as abruptly and rudely as you possibly could but you said it. Move on brother.

This should be an interesting thread to watch let's try our best to not get it sidetracked out of existence :off2:
I can't speak for others but I'd like to watch this threads results, and in a positive manner. :watchplant:

:tiphat:

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Mr. Cheeks!

great pics man! got any others?

how much money did the herb cost? weight?

where in the amazon where you? how was the ayahuasca experience?

eager minds want to know :chin: :D

peace!

k+

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Ok, you are drinking it by the gallon? How old are you?

It must be hard to give up a wonder drug that gives you energy all day??

Pot is not a gate way drug but anything with coca in it ,no matter how mild, is not a good idea!
I used to have your attitude and am just trying to share my wisdom, don't promote anything that destroys peoples lives!!

Older than you to share my knowledge as educated in herbal medicine.Isolating a constituent and use it or using the whole leaf is totally different.I never heard from people who went for a holiday to Peru and drank it because it works good against Hypoxia, that after they were back home they had the urge to drank the tea again or use cocaine, neither do i.

Another thing is that the Coca leaf is full of vitamins and minerals, which you don't have with cocaine.Concentration of cocaine in Coca Leaf is appr. 1%, so it is not a gateway drug either.

No, which makes it even more exciting. It mostly Sativa, stays mainly in the head. The smell of it was sweet and grassy, complete absence of skunk, diesel, pineapple or other known influences. I was very suspicious of it in the beginning because of the terpenoids, it's just that it was so strong that I thought why work with SSSDHs when you've got this growing in the backwoods of Peru?

Thanks for the info :yes: Sometimes you don't have to look far for a nice good herb.:D

Keep on growing :)

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very cool thread and yea not a thing wrong with the leaves very healthy for you just like coffee and weed. Can't wait to see how things turn out :D

Latest posts

Latest posts