What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado networking

Been a ghost on this site for the last few years because I didn't have time to grow much in law school but I'll be back pretty regularly now that I'm getting paid to keep up on industry issues again. *waves*
Whenever someone asks me why I don't get bored during my turns at reception, "International Cannagraphic, all the information I need plus a lively discussion of it."

CowboyTed

Looks like I'm a bit late to the game but hi all, I'm finally back in the industry. I just passed the CO bar and am working as a compliance officer for a grow in Oklahoma. I'll be licensed to practice law in about a week and am only interested in corporate cannabis compliance work. Been a ghost on this site for the last few years because I didn't have time to grow much in law school but I'll be back pretty regularly now that I'm getting paid to keep up on industry issues again. *waves*

Cool. Congrats on passing the bar exam! Did you spend your three-year sentence in the Wolf or the Sturm prison?

Right? Most of the stuff I'm doing and looking at for my work doesn't get posted on here now that I'm on the paperwork side rather than the growing side, but it's still good to keep up to date with the stuff my clients want to know. Plus this site tells me what a lot of growers are doing that could be compliance issues so it helps me keep sharp on issue spotting for safety and human relations. Plus I love this site. I started creeping on here back when I was still a newbie grower and Bush was in office. Never gets old.

Thanks! Three year sentence is right. EVERYTHING got put on hold for the sake of obsessively memorizing 200 year old arguments about the price of a peppercorn. It's finally done and not a moment too soon.

I got to be in Wolf. It's a beautiful building and I loved it. Only had one accounting course in Sturm and it felt like a dungeon. I just realized I needed something more formal than keeping the books for my own business and memorizing the Small Business Administration website if I was going to advise on accounting issues.

CowboyTed

I got to be in Wolf. It's a beautiful building and I loved it. Only had one accounting course in Sturm and it felt like a dungeon.

I did a three-year sentence in Wyoming, and then another year at Sturm much later. My God, did I take a lot of accounting classes there. I did the Tax LLM.

Oh Jesus, my heart goes out to you. Hope it's worth it for you! God knows Denver's a good market for tax attorneys. I got to take a class or two from Eric Zinn who I believe heads up that Tax LLM program at DU now. I liked him and the material enough that I thought hard about going for a tax law certification but it's just not what I wanted to do long term in the industry and they only put together a cannabis law certification program last year. Maybe someday I'll go back but for now I'm trying to just get licensed in states as they legalize and work that angle... since, you know, it's unethical for me to practice in federal courts and I can't even be admitted to bankruptcy court. I feel like adding a few states and keeping up with their licensing requirements ends up being about the same amount of time as pursuing an LLM over the next few years but will hopefully land me more long-term clients than MORE legal training so early in my new career. Thoughts?

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Howdy gang.....back from a trip to the mountains....stacked wood and fished my brains out. To tired last night I couldn't ever enjoy an easy win for our Broncos....keep falling asleep.

Networking...why I started this thread....

Glad we even have a local mod (Avinash Miles) here to help keep things straight. I was/am a mod on a different site and we network all the time....there is nothing against setting up a gathering, even bringing and SHARING (key word) experiences. We can talk about what were are growing and our techniques. Just no open buying or selling...

Here is a good example......I just got back from a trip up the hill. Saw a bunch of friends that had been waiting on me for a while....had a great visit and everybody is doing well up there.... Mountain peeps sure know how to party....I love it,....will be back soon.

Right now I have to up-pot 7 more starts that started showing roots while I was gone....gonna be busy....BB later...

Defacto

Get Together

Get Together

I need to go to Denver for a MMJ evaluation.

Anyone free to have a cup of coffee/whatever and a chat?

Unlike most of you, my grow season is in the winter. :)

Here's the beginning of this years crop.

Attachments

• 2018 Grow.jpg
    2018 Grow.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 18

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I know a mountain biker/hippie bar in Morrison on the western edge of Denver. Great place for coffee or a beer and talk shop. Couple years ago there was about 15 of us hooked up.

Funny, we were passing seeds around and the owner just laughed and looked the other way....

CowboyTed

I need to go to Denver for a MMJ evaluation.

Anyone free to have a cup of coffee/whatever and a chat?

Unlike most of you, my grow season is in the winter. :)

Here's the beginning of this years crop.

I think Hydro8 is still planning a visit this afternoon at my place near Elizabeth, and you're welcome to join us too. I've got a cabinet full of plants I just flipped into 12/12, so I'll be growing in the winter too.

Defacto

I think Hydro8 is still planning a visit this afternoon at my place near Elizabeth, and you're welcome to join us too. I

Thank you for the kind offer. I'm 3 hours away so I'll need to plan a bit ahead for any visits.

(I will PM you for Colorado Hobby Growers Network gathering dates)

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Elizabeth is a nice town. I thought about buying a house there I like it so much.I will be getting my fruit trees from the nursery in Elizabeth this next spring.
We are about 100 miles south of there.
We also like Elbert and Callahan....
That little area east of Denver , on the Scenic Route , is a hidden gem of beauty.

Me and another person also need an mmj doc referral.....
Anyone know of a place in the Springs?..

Cheers
big

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning....

@ Bigsur. I get my med card at the Red Card District on S Federal. If you have trouble in the Springs. I recommend the place as it is easy to get an extended plant count....I can have 30 plants. I can also carry up to 6 oz outside the house and no limit on how much product is in the house.

giggy

Morning Colorado Bud Brothers. Rather you are a breeder, grower, toker or joker. Check in and let others know you are here.

Place I was hanging is falling apart for various reasons and wondering how the colo contingent is doing here. The state, along with the rest of the country has gone through lots of changes in the last 10 years or so. Some are long term survivors, some have dropped out, moved and some are just starting out.

I am a small grower and still chugging along. Wild wild west days are gone and Colo has reached a saturation point causing a steady decline in demand and prices.

I have learned to be more efficient to survive.....nothing goes to waste.....so far it is working. Who knows what the future will bring.....

How about you all...what is going on????
i hope it don't fall apart brother, but if it does i know where to find you.

h.h.

Veteran
:peacock:
Morning....

@ Bigsur. I get my med card at the Red Card District on S Federal. If you have trouble in the Springs. I recommend the place as it is easy to get an extended plant count....I can have 30 plants. I can also carry up to 6 oz outside the house and no limit on how much product is in the house.

I've gone here a couple of times.
So far, so good.

https://www.medicalalternativesclinics.com/

BigSur homegrown used to be the shit, back when homegrown had a bad name.

Latest posts

Latest posts