What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any Drummers Out There?

Your a girl and younger than me and you know who Ginger Baker is? I'm impressed.im only 30

I'm a bit of a Baker noob, but his musical career is impressive. Seems like the best of his generation, considering how well-rounded he is.

I also like him because everyone thinks I'm insane, but at least I can be like, "he's a lil crazier, not that anyone cares."

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
I was CRUSHED when I heard Neil Peart will no longer be playing drums for Rush.
In fact, Rush is done.

If you need someone with clean technique and challenging beats.....HE's your guy.

-cap

shithawk420

Veteran
if you know Neils tragic personnel life its no surpise.i didnt mention Neil because its pretty much common knowledge how good he is.he wrote most of the lyrics too btw

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
^^^^^^^^^^^nice avatar^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm not looking back, but, I want to look around me now....
Time...
Stands...
Still.....

stuart copeland from the police

and, of course, john bonham.

keith moon....

the list goes on. SO many underrated and rarely mentioned......

Im picking up the guitar, myself, right now.
Not so easy....

rock on, man

-cap

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
what set are you playin?
how many pieces?
got any windchimes? ;)
[total Rush nerd, here]

-cap

Don't have one rn. When my ex-bf kicked me out on the streets, I had to sell most of my instruments to get by. I still ended up in a homeless shelter...so it goes lol

I'd like a Bonham-inspired kit one day. Not as large as Neil's because I want to set it up myself and his kit is like a great pyramid!

Hbu? :)

shithawk420

Veteran
I don't play but my dad is really good.anything you wanna know about guitar I can probably teach you or send you in the right direction if you got any questions.i know a lot about a lot.im not even kidding.i got one word.Ibenez

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
I don't play but my dad is really good.anything you wanna know about guitar I can probably teach you or send you in the right direction if you got any questions.i know a lot about a lot.im not even kidding.i got one word.Ibenez

Teach me to play like Buckethead..... :prettyplease:

A Japanese Ibanez, yes...no Floyd rose :tiphat:

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Don't have one rn. When my ex-bf kicked me out on the streets, I had to sell most of my instruments to get by. I still ended up in a homeless shelter...so it goes lol

I'd like a Bonham-inspired kit one day. Not as large as Neil's because I want to set it up myself and his kit is like a great pyramid!

Hbu? :)

Prefer Neil's kits before he added the simmons stuff.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
VISTA LITES!

4 piece.

But now Im onto Telecasters.
MAN, guitars are a BEEYOTCH to learn.
MUCH harder than drums

keep on rockin.....

-cap

shithawk420

Veteran
Buckethead is good but I was kinda leaning towards Satriani and Guthrie Govan for now as a good starting base.listen to Guthrie Govan Waves and tell me that shit is easy.he only makes it look easy

Latest posts

Latest posts