What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

Wall

Matt from underground in england still has the real non cross clone...
and he's super nice personne! Ship him!
Original CHEESE.jpg

goingrey

Homegrown Fantaseeds had it because they were Homegrown fantasy coffeeshop.
Unfortutately their website was Flash-based at the time so the archive.org backups do not work.

But, I sure don't remember Homegrown Fantaseeds having it back then. And looking at the Seedboutique and Dr Chronic websites on archive.org to me it seems like HGF was pretty much a Nirvana Seeds reseller back in 2005. And had no Cheese in their catalogue.

HGF Cheese doesn't appear until 2008, around the time when GHS started bulk producing it for themselves and Big Buddha, and most probably also HGF.

HazyDaze420

In 2004/5 (cant remember if it was on the 04 or 05 trip now, one of them) cheese was building a buzz around the place and the internet was saying hgf has it, blah blah blah.. i was gettting excited about my trip to the dam and to try some uk cheese out there with the buzz that was building I was hyped for it boiiiii... lol

Got to hgf, asked the bud tender about some of the cheds they had acquired and he just looked at me stupid.
There was no cheese to be found in the whole city back then, it hadn't quite taken the dam by storm yet, even though it had won a cup by then.
It was a weird one.

I was gutted, all the buzz on the net and canna mags about it all and it being at hgf, but nobody had it there.
It must have been at a point where it was only just starting to fill grooms around the city.

Oh, ok.. no cheese, White widow it is then! lol

Had some really amazing silver haze or super from hgf on that trip though :)

Last edited:

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
We were there in 2005, that's where I got cheese, it was the only coffeeshop that had it.

The taste yes!

Homegrown Fantaseeds had it because they were Homegrown fantasy coffeeshop.

Heath Robinson gave me the cheese cut in 2005, these pics are from Feb 2006 of one i grew on the side of my NFT. It tasted just like the HGF's cheese in the Dam.

View attachment 18802043

View attachment 18802046

View attachment 18802048

Is it Brightside? I dunno, it was just cheese...
I loved the taste but didn't care about the high and the yield was shit. I "kept" her to pass onto quite a few peeps..

That's the real one. I wonder if any of those people you passed it on to still have her or gave it to someone else that does?

Peace

snakedope

You were going to help someone identify a cut you've never grown two pages back bc you have been to the dam once now there's no way to tell. 🤦🤦🤦
What a shit show .
Ahh I know ur a big fan of me bro, ever since the LED quality thread u always lurk after me haha catching my smell words...
But, I was trying to help someone identify what cheese plant actually looked like back then when I smoked it and grew it, but maybe you just skip reading I dunno

Well according to you guys the cheese in ams at that time was the brightside, maybe bb didn't have it but it was damn near same as far as I remember in seed form
To be honest I'm fine with bb cheese, it was killer back then, I don't know if I'll get the same thing with the 8 I have, well see

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ahh I know ur a big fan of me bro, ever since the LED quality thread u always lurk after me haha catching my smell words...
But, I was trying to help someone identify what cheese plant actually looked like back then when I smoked it and grew it, but maybe you just skip reading I dunno

Well according to you guys the cheese in ams at that time was the brightside, maybe bb didn't have it but it was damn near same as far as I remember in seed form
To be honest I'm fine with bb cheese, it was killer back then, I don't know if I'll get the same thing with the 8 I have, well see

You happened to pipe up in a thread I was subscribed to , I'm not lurking anyone sorry to burst your bubble.

Good luck with your 8 seed hunt

bimblebrains_1

Matt from underground in england still has the real non cross clone...
and he's super nice personne! Ship him! View attachment 18802055
Looks nothing like cheese,the real cut has a zig zag type growth pattern,almost zero stretch and very rarely throws more than 5 finger leaf sets,leaves are are much thinner than that,also yield is low and doesnt color in that way....sorry mate but that plant is not 'original' cheese.....

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Unfortutately their website was Flash-based at the time so the archive.org backups do not work.

But, I sure don't remember Homegrown Fantaseeds having it back then. And looking at the Seedboutique and Dr Chronic websites on archive.org to me it seems like HGF was pretty much a Nirvana Seeds reseller back in 2005. And had no Cheese in their catalogue.

HGF Cheese doesn't appear until 2008, around the time when GHS started bulk producing it for themselves and Big Buddha, and most probably also HGF.

Quote from Wingcommanderblue in his Weed World article;

“Of the Hill” arranged for a cutting to make it’s way to a coffee shop in Amsterdam in 2003 (Home Grown Fantasy). It was cloned and put on the menu as ‘Cheese’ and went on to claim 3rd place in the cannabis cup in 2004.

It went to the coffeeshop, then once the seed company started selling seeds later on it was ghs/ big buddha fake cheese.

Peace

goingrey

Quote from Wingcommanderblue in his Weed World article;

It went to the coffeeshop, then once the seed company started selling seeds later on it was ghs/ big buddha fake cheese.

Peace
Yeah it does seem the most likely case. But to give them the benefit of a doubt Fantaseeds did have a couple of interesting strains that aren't the standard bulk fare like a Cali-O cross called Caramella as well. And said the Homegrown Cheese was UK Cheese x BB Cheese , so the description seems to be written by someone who has some kind of clue.

Homegrown Fantasy the coffeeshop did get 3rd place in the 2004 HTCC "People's Cup" category with Cheese that is true. But HazyDaze420 just said he got nothing but dumb looks when asking for Cheese there in 04-05 and the 06 and 07 menus on the Coffeeshop Menus site don't have it either. Shops have been known to enter the best weed they could get their hands on without it being something they generally sell. But it could have just been a fast seller hard to keep on the menu too..

Seems like it was still hard to keep on the menu in 2008 lol...

So who's got it in 2023? Grey Area has Exodus Cheese on the menu! 13e/g. Greenhouse has Exodus Cheese hash, also 13e/g, but no flower. Man I wish I was in Amsterdam right now.

bimblebrains_1

The cut i acquired 15 days in...i over looked that she really does need acclimatising to these intense led spectrums,being as shes been in a shed for 11 years under t5 and hps,she needs to adjust.
I've had her directly under a 200w lumatek,about 16 inches above which is a tad higher than i usually would hang it and she has become crazy hungry,caught me off guard tbh..way too much ppfd and she has been trying to compensate,so i've fed her up a bit and raised the light considerably ...school boy error doh

20230115_191449.jpg

Here's another cut i had kicking about that didnt become a mum as was a tad whispy,at about 4 or 5 days in...Feeding her up a bit more than the one above and got her way further from the lights,needs thinning out again now shes flowering..hell this cut needs constantly thinning out ,she's an absolute clone machine how she branches but, with that in turn comes a hell of a lot of defoliation required,damn shes vigorous for such an old lady tho......oh and the cuts pictured have not been topped at all,its just how she grows naturally,very unique

20230115_195822.jpg
20230115_195834.jpg

cheers bimble

jahshaka

The cut i acquired 15 days in...i over looked that she really does need acclimatising to these intense led spectrums,being as shes been in a shed for 11 years under t5 and hps,she needs to adjust.
I've had her directly under a 200w lumatek,about 16 inches above which is a tad higher than i usually would hang it and she has become crazy hungry,caught me off guard tbh..way too much ppfd and she has been trying to compensate,so i've fed her up a bit and raised the light considerably ...school boy error doh

View attachment 18802143

Here's another cut i had kicking about that didnt become a mum as was a tad whispy,at about 4 or 5 days in...Feeding her up a bit more than the one above and got her way further from the lights,needs thinning out again now shes flowering..hell this cut needs constantly thinning out ,she's an absolute clone machine how she branches but, with that in turn comes a hell of a lot of defoliation required,damn shes vigorous for such an old lady tho......oh and the cuts pictured have not been topped at all,its just how she grows naturally,very unique

View attachment 18802144 View attachment 18802145

cheers bimble
Looks like the real deal to me

Cheesegez

It's that taste, she never passes it that well, stink yes, but taste is always watered down loads in crosses with her, the ONE is instantly recognisable once you light that bitch up!
Bro I could tell it was real by smelling my mate light one up on a road trip 5 cars in front of me lol.....serious tho true story..

Listen lads for those of you that don't know this shit fucking stank!!!! like I mean stank , its probably driven itself extinct by simply being impossible to grow without getting caught from cheesy odour's drifting though the neighbourhood...And no carbon filters don't work

I took a chip out into English once literally would of been less obvious writing chedhead on my forhead it caused dramas nearly got kicked outta school...

id smoke it when I stayed out of town working in the car parks of the hotels , id have the mangers coming out screaming you can't smoke that shit here, id be over 200 metres away !! shit man brings back memories

p.s if anyone wants to send me a sample in the post don't bother because if it makes it here its not the same cheese..

I am yet to this day see a strain anywhere near as pungent as that cheese, fuck ya cali....

CG

Last edited:

snakedope

Can we please stop talking about Big Buddha and greenhouse seeds in a positive light because all they have done is cause confusion, dillute and kill the name of cheese...

The best chances anyone has of getting anything similar is probably pheno hunting through OJDs cheese crosses...
Bro I don't know what crosses you are talking about, but back in 05 I grew BB and it was killer cheese funk, same as ams
I don't think ghs or bb represent the full extent of this strain cuz it's their own version of it with different hybrids but I also believe it didn't stray from it much, the cheese in ams back then was the real deal, ghs and bb seeds back then was the real deal
From all the confusion about the subject I can only conclude that many cuts of cheese circulated ams those days, but most of them were probably brightside or bb.

Terppalooza

Yeah it does seem the most likely case. But to give them the benefit of a doubt Fantaseeds did have a couple of interesting strains that aren't the standard bulk fare like a Cali-O cross called Caramella as well. And said the Homegrown Cheese was UK Cheese x BB Cheese , so the description seems to be written by someone who has some kind of clue.

Homegrown Fantasy the coffeeshop did get 3rd place in the 2004 HTCC "People's Cup" category with Cheese that is true. But HazyDaze420 just said he got nothing but dumb looks when asking for Cheese there in 04-05 and the 06 and 07 menus on the Coffeeshop Menus site don't have it either. Shops have been known to enter the best weed they could get their hands on without it being something they generally sell. But it could have just been a fast seller hard to keep on the menu too..

Seems like it was still hard to keep on the menu in 2008 lol...

So who's got it in 2023? Grey Area has Exodus Cheese on the menu! 13e/g. Greenhouse has Exodus Cheese hash, also 13e/g, but no flower. Man I wish I was in Amsterdam right now.
gray area also for me used to have the good cheese. heard from one of the owners a while back they lost the cut tho. hmm

Terppalooza

what i find wierd everyone seems to says the good cheese has no sweetness? but does the gray area one have sweetness, alot everything sttaaaanks reminds me of redbull type smell... so it cant even be the original? "brightside"

Terppalooza

I remember in 2013 i got a nice sack of the exodus, and i was taking my usualy 2 hoiur train trip back home. when the ticket checkers enterd my cabin (the other side of the train maybe like 8 meters away) they immidatly faced eachother started laughing and singing out loud. and litterly started sining out loud "neder wiet wiet wiet, ja ja neder wiet" haha wont forget this moment. the intensity of the cheese smell in my nostils att tthat moment. that was the day understood cheese smells on the next level hahah and everybody knows your smoking it if you got a bag. I usualy turn on neder wiet when i light up some cheese nowadays haha I had a few problems with my chef aswell lol. i dont even smoke before work. smoking a few joints of cheese in the evening. i put my cloths in the washing machine to take out fresh in the morning. dont smoke at work. but still my chef came up to me and told me dude it smells like your carryign a kilo on you hahahah long live the cheese and the stank

Terppalooza

Bro I don't know what crosses you are talking about, but back in 05 I grew BB and it was killer cheese funk, same as ams
I don't think ghs or bb represent the full extent of this strain cuz it's their own version of it with different hybrids but I also believe it didn't stray from it much, the cheese in ams back then was the real deal, ghs and bb seeds back then was the real deal
From all the confusion about the subject I can only conclude that many cuts of cheese circulated ams those days, but most of them were probably brightside or bb.
to me when hunting a big budda seeds, i did a 30 female phenos a few years back the line overall was much less intense berry twang and flavor didnt translate but better growing then the exodus cut i run. Sadly all phenos just missing that special something the extra sharp juicyness that cheese brings to the table and that comes trough in the joints.. for me was a bit more earthy darker flavor the bb seeds line then my exodus. had some very nasty phenos in gerneral in cheese seeds xD

snakedope

I read a lot of opinions like yours, I haven't grown bb in like 15 years so I don't know now and even 5-10 years back if it's still the same seeds like the 05 ones, many say they are not, which scare the hell outta me
I hate waiting months just to smoke lame ass genetics, what happens to the days we used to put 5 fems and get 3-4 identical funky same like description genetics..
Who even thought about it that much back then... Just buy cheese in ams seed store grow them they are fire 99% of the time
I didn't even paid attention to who's the breeder... Ahh the innocence