What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What strains have you seen hit >10 lbs?

EasyGoing

Why would a plants size affect its potency?

It's very hard to feed a 10+ plant everything it needs. This is why often people fall short on large plants compared to the same plant with a better soil to plant ratio. People often tell me this, but I respond, you need to feed the big girl more. IMO. :tiphat:

Uh i happen to know where the grower gorilla ganja was repplying to is, hes not that far north.

Besides, you want to grow a pound plant you can do it anywhere in canada im sorry but ever hear of a hoop house? Light dep up north works well. Ive seen it in person northern alberta border...

Sorry ill rephrase that, anyone with skill and the ability to read this forum can hit 1 pound a plant easy anywhere outside of the arctic. There happy? Sorry i didnt account for the fucking arctic circle i was refering to the parts of canada people acrually habitate.

I could grow a pound plant with any decent yield cut in any province in canada. The teritories well if we are talking about where plants actually wil survive, yeah i could do pound plants there too.

So anyway, sorry i wasnt specific enough, but really, anyone can do a pound plant south of the arctic circle...

You couldn't grow a fucking gram plant outside in the terriories. Have you ever been outside your province buddy?

And you keep talking about fucking hoop houses and backyard style grows. It's hard to grow pound plants gorilla style anywhere in canada considering all it takes is one deer, one shitty stretch of bad weather (drought or non stop storms) or even fucking snails to wipe your whole crop out.

It's very easy to grow pound plants when you can see and care for your plants daily and tend to their needs right away but with gorilla growing the more times you visit the site the higher chance of being exposed which means many gorilla growers must go several weeks before even seeing their plants again.

There are places in ONTARIO so far north that even growing autos is hard as the "season" is short as hell. Don't rip on other canadian growers because you can pull pounds where you live. Guys like gorilla ganja fkn kill it given how little they have to work with. Guy doesn't even haul soil because his spots are way to far in the Bush and from the sounds of it he's an older man yet still killing it up north

St. Phatty

Makes me wonder what stars would have to align for a plant to grow 10 pounds naturally, in nature.

It would have to be a very lucky seedling for starters, to survive the bugs & slugs & rodents that LOVE to eat cannabis seedlings.

Easy7

Veteran
Never witnessed huge plants other than here on ic.

Guerrilla is a total different reality. Freaked to even go feed/water every week. Hauling a couple decades of flowers home is ver risky and borderline stupid.

To avoid jail you would need to dry and manicure flowers outdoors. Using a scale to only bring home 99 grams at a time. That's a lot of trips for pounds. At least here.

Big plants need full sun and that sticks out.

Cali kids have it all.

PDX Dopesmoker

Honestly I hardly ever defoliate my plants, I trim the bottoms out but never trimmed higher up. Does this really make a difference? I imagine sativa's with thin leaves don't need trimmed like an indica dominant correct?

Yeah I think it might on really big plants. The GG4 monster I helped out with last summer would probably have harvested a lot more with some heavy defoliation up top. The plant was like a shell of green like 12' tall and nothing inside the shell really developed, just the colas did. Assuming thats from lack of light inside the shell, I think a bunch of upper & south side defoliation might have delivered us some extra bud.