What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch coffeeshops - post your latest reviews here!

goingrey

fetch

Purple from Siberie

6e/g - THC 10.8, CBD 0.9% - Ruderalis x Sativa

I was expecting this to be really weak - mainly a hash mixer kind of thing - but boy was I pleasantly surprised regarding that. One joint of this will give a strong active/up high with very little paranoia. The high is long lasting and slowly fades away over the next four hours or so, after which there is absolutely no comedown or crash. Must be that sun grown magic. Effects wise this is exactly the kind of high you'd want when you're out and about in the city, in my opinion.

It had sort of a woody (lack of) aroma. Buds were on the smaller side but quite dense and really purple.

My main complaint about it would be that, even though it did not feel moist to the touch, it did not burn well, but instead sort of charred black. I had to double up on papers just to keep the joint lit (and even then "work" the joint). Not really sure what's causing this; has it been flash dried, have PGR's been used to grow it, has BRIX+ been applied, is it the ruderalis genetics? Whatever the reason, it's not a great thing.

Also found one (viable!) seed in the 2.5g I bought.

The plant from the bagseed was super vigorous and really exploded into flowering when the lights were flipped.

Unfortunately turned out to be a hermie. Oh well, at least the balls are purple.

fetch

Out of the tent she went.

NotYourSaviour

@goingrey

What a pity about your experience with the bag seed. At least you tried, huh? While I know those ones are sometimes a winner, generally speaking, I personally wouldn't bother these days['Needle in the hay'] and if at all only with much space and time but each to their own, right?

However, since my memory is mostly spot on and I read this thread here's something based on a true story ; one I will not comment respectively respond to as just off-topic:

fifteen years back I went to coffeeshop Yo-Yo and picked up some strains named Haze, Dame Blanche and Majesteit, all outdoor/greenhouse grown. Haze and Dame Blanche had seeds and those were brought home where we among official seeds of other seedbanks used them for the current indoor run back then.

Dame Blance didn't sprout but Haze did. Unfortunately Haze was a strong enough body affair and particularly racy[while not trippy which would be more than welcome]it still was nothing special so went out the mother room after the second run.

And the morale of this story is if you are into outdoor or classic genetics give them a go. Haven't been since quite a while[usually only because of their outdoor and atmosphere] as I lost interest in grass a bit[though would always prefer outdoor grown under proper sun as mentioned before]but if you like to chase it may be successfull giving them a go respectively if you haven't been there for a while.

Furthermore I can only add if one fancies some oldschool genetics there are certain coffeeshops out there – numbers decreasing big time – all over the country where for some reasons time seemingly stood still due to ignorant or unaware owners[e.g. selling the same grass from the same grower since ages/selling the same hashish from the same farm group since ages/et cetera et cetera]. Either this is for the good or the bad so be warned.

Also among others a reason I don't give directions but always surprised how they often still work in these times. Definitely this unregulated situation in this context is more or less a positive point about outdated Dutch policy on this plant.

That's it!

Holiday season officially on now, anyone?

On our way to reliable beach destinations in the North of the Netherlands we stopped by in this certain town:

The Plug:

Got Gmo static[put up a picture here] and Sherbet static both for 20€ a gram here. The Gmo static a bit brighter in appearance and less tasty than the more darkish Sherbet static. By the way obviously - guess what - filtered in a different way again.

Still a good yet very good overall smoke, strong taste of random foreign genetics as well as disorientation high at times but I liked the Sherbet more as it had a better taste ; in fact the second best I picked up this time.

Both smooth to consume and more of an oily pollen than a so called oilish cream. Effectwise[strong on both ends]only marginal differences though me thinks.

Dolphins:

Haven't been ages to this den but some of our circle wanted to take a break at one of the cafes/pubs at good old Leidseplein as weatther was spot on[again still one of the most busy places to me I've seen around Europe but only slowly recovering from Covid-19 it seems)so a mate and myself stole away ourselves here for picking up.

Place was roughly the same but while clean still has seen better days. One is ordering now at the bar not downstairs as far as I recall it from the past.

Pirate Monkey, 18€ a gram being their most expensive hash, it was then. Handling was relatively dry and similar to some degree to usual pollen from Morocco but with foreign genetics. Compared to other gear tested this trip it was no stand out but still good quality what ever filtered and again would be very welcome at home! Don't remember more, sorry.

Terps Army:

Noticed when queueing up that Motor Breath for 22€ a gram was big with current visitors of this gaff so after got shown other items of the menu acuired this as well as Blue Cookies for the same price ; both relatively creamy in texture.
Supposedly both from Morocco, filtered and obviously foreign genetics. First one more on the dark side of things but indeed with a strong smell. Rich taste coated me palate and all that heavily then ; reminded me of Kush. Effects on my body as well as mind were similarily intense as well so all in all the best one picked up this trip when it comes to foreign genetics(no original flavours this time purchased though as limited time and such) .

Taste by the way was so intense and lingered long enough so that I have to use one of my favourite metaphors:

I had great traditional Moroc easily on the same level tastewise and this indeed is like vaping hashish as just so intense in a good way[Note since I'm on it: vaped a lot of quality sifts in the last months as one mate got a Mighty. While it can be tasty in a very clear way it struggels again to get me properly high and still the taste doesn't linger in my mouth for a good while[30-60mins]as with certain qualities smoked. Tried different temperature settings but the high is laughable and I also don't get more effect for my buck either as I always use the same amount for various reasons generally ; no tolerance issues here either and I mostly use my pipe for smoking pure and vaping still can't compete – so riddiculous! No matter if traditional or foreign genetics applied! Happened over and over again to me since I tried the first Volcano/Verdamper almost twenty years back. ] which means also a long aftertaste.

The darkish similarily oily Blue Cookie was lovely too but couldn't mess in the end with the other item but would be welcome without a choice anytime!

Though I hope due to handling it wasn't 'cut' with oil/rosin what ever but forgot to ask.

Barney's[ spotted Gelato Bonbon for 19€ filed under Moroccan origin as well as 'Import hashish' containing a description 'highest grade' – unfortunately it was sold out but not sure if it is still just an overpriced batch of traditional Moroccan hashish as they are – as reported – still around at coffeeshops compared to particular cheaper private sources .], Greenhouse, Amnesia, The Store, Bulldog, Grey Area, 1e Hulp, Resin, Mr.K, Kadinsky, Resin and Siberie were at least visited also.

We had a lovely couple of days at the beach although weather was a bit hit and miss though still warm enough so relaxation was in full effect this first longer holiday of the year. Hopefully many to come!

Last edited:

goingrey

@goingrey

What a pity about your experience with the bag seed. At least you tried, huh? While I know those ones are sometimes a winner, generally speaking, I personally wouldn't bother these days['Needle in the hay'] and if at all only with much space and time but each to their own, right?

Hehe, oh well, the chances of a bag seed being hermie genetics are always quite high. There's a reason the seed was in there in there... I did flower the plant to to the end on my windowsill so it wasn't a total loss but it didn't turn out as potent as the bud the seed was from. The winter/spring sun it got must have not been enough. Or maybe the pollen donor had been some hemp. Who knows. Anyways, not exactly a "Princess" story.

Dame Blance didn't sprout but Haze did. Unfortunately Haze was a strong enough body affair and particularly racy[while not trippy which would be more than welcome]it still was nothing special so went out the mother room after the second run.

And the morale of this story is if you are into outdoor or classic genetics give them a go. Haven't been since quite a while[usually only because of their outdoor and atmosphere] as I lost interest in grass a bit[though would always prefer outdoor grown under proper sun as mentioned before]but if you like to chase it may be successfull giving them a go respectively if you haven't been there for a while.

Furthermore I can only add if one fancies some oldschool genetics there are certain coffeeshops out there – numbers decreasing big time – all over the country where for some reasons time seemingly stood still due to ignorant or unaware owners[e.g. selling the same grass from the same grower since ages/selling the same hashish from the same farm group since ages/et cetera et cetera]. Either this is for the good or the bad so be warned.

Dame Blanche, cool. Just read about it a while ago. It was bred by Dutch outdoor pioneer Jan Veen (RIP).

I'm definitely very interested in the oldschool genetics, especially sun grown stuff. Great that it is still available in some places, even if that is due to ignorance and not a preservation effort or taking pride in the cultural heritage of Dutch coffeeshops.

Oh how I miss Amsterdam and the Netherlands. I need to get back there soon.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@goingrey

However, since my memory is mostly spot on and I read this thread here's something based on a true story ; one I will not comment respectively respond to as just off-topic:

fifteen years back I went to coffeeshop Yo-Yo and picked up some strains named Haze, Dame Blanche and Majesteit, all outdoor/greenhouse grown. Haze and Dame Blanche had seeds and those were brought home where we among official seeds of other seedbanks used them for the current indoor run back then.

Also among others a reason I don't give directions but always surprised how they often still work in these times. Definitely this unregulated situation in this context is more or less a positive point about outdated Dutch policy on this plant.

That's it!

Holiday season officially on now, anyone?

On our way to reliable beach destinations in the North of the Netherlands we stopped by in this certain town:

The Plug:

Got Gmo static[put up a picture here] and Sherbet static both for 20€ a gram here. The Gmo static a bit brighter in appearance and less tasty than the more darkish Sherbet static. By the way obviously - guess what - filtered in a different way again.

Still a good yet very good overall smoke, strong taste of random foreign genetics as well as disorientation high at times but I liked the Sherbet more as it had a better taste ; in fact the second best I picked up this time.

Both smooth to consume and more of an oily pollen than a so called oilish cream. Effectwise[strong on both ends]only marginal differences though me thinks.

Dolphins:

Haven't been ages to this den but some of our circle wanted to take a break at one of the cafes/pubs at good old Leidseplein as weatther was spot on[again still one of the most busy places to me I've seen around Europe but only slowly recovering from Covid-19 it seems)so a mate and myself stole away ourselves here for picking up.

Place was roughly the same but while clean still has seen better days. One is ordering now at the bar not downstairs as far as I recall it from the past.

Pirate Monkey, 18€ a gram being their most expensive hash, it was then. Handling was relatively dry and similar to some degree to usual pollen from Morocco but with foreign genetics. Compared to other gear tested this trip it was no stand out but still good quality what ever filtered and again would be very welcome at home! Don't remember more, sorry.

Terps Army:

Noticed when queueing up that Motor Breath for 22€ a gram was big with current visitors of this gaff so after got shown other items of the menu acuired this as well as Blue Cookies for the same price ; both relatively creamy in texture.
Supposedly both from Morocco, filtered and obviously foreign genetics. First one more on the dark side of things but indeed with a strong smell. Rich taste coated me palate and all that heavily then ; reminded me of Kush. Effects on my body as well as mind were similarily intense as well so all in all the best one picked up this trip when it comes to foreign genetics(no original flavours this time purchased though as limited time and such) .

Taste by the way was so intense and lingered long enough so that I have to use one of my favourite metaphors:

I had great traditional Moroc easily on the same level tastewise and this indeed is like vaping hashish as just so intense in a good way[Note since I'm on it: vaped a lot of quality sifts in the last months as one mate got a Mighty. While it can be tasty in a very clear way it struggels again to get me properly high and still the taste doesn't linger in my mouth for a good while[30-60mins]as with certain qualities smoked. Tried different temperature settings but the high is laughable and I also don't get more effect for my buck either as I always use the same amount for various reasons generally ; no tolerance issues here either and I mostly use my pipe for smoking pure and vaping still can't compete – so riddiculous! No matter if traditional or foreign genetics applied! Happened over and over again to me since I tried the first Volcano/Verdamper almost twenty years back. ] which means also a long aftertaste.

The darkish similarily oily Blue Cookie was lovely too but couldn't mess in the end with the other item but would be welcome without a choice anytime!

Though I hope due to handling it wasn't 'cut' with oil/rosin what ever but forgot to ask.

Barney's[ spotted Gelato Bonbon for 19€ filed under Moroccan origin as well as 'Import hashish' containing a description 'highest grade' – unfortunately it was sold out but not sure if it is still just an overpriced batch of traditional Moroccan hashish as they are – as reported – still around at coffeeshops compared to particular cheaper private sources .], Greenhouse, Amnesia, The Store, Bulldog, Grey Area, 1e Hulp, Resin, Mr.K, Kadinsky, Resin and Siberie were at least visited also.

We had a lovely couple of days at the beach although weather was a bit hit and miss though still warm enough so relaxation was in full effect this first longer holiday of the year. Hopefully many to come!
Wow Motorbreath Resin , if legit would be amazing and loud and tasty as fuck and potent to boot.

These special static/triple sifts , are they very melty compared to normal Morrocan, more like bubble Hash or same as traditional Morrocan

goingrey

Dampkring "Piff Haze"

ph.png

14.50e/g

Small buds, mainly spear shaped (yes, the one in the photo is not).

Perfect burn, a pleasure to smoke. Super potent and long lasting, though I wonder about tolerance buildup as later joints didn't quite match the first. Introspective high.

Found a seed in the gram! Interestingly regular sized not a tiny Haze seed. Hopefully it will pop.

Kashmir "Thai Stick"

thai.png

7.50e/g

Called stick but it's obviously brick. Lightly seeded but the seeds were crushed and/or immature so I did not bother to "smuggle" them back home.

Not just a hash mixer but proper drug cannabis. Though also not the life changing tripweed of 70's Thai legends. Potency wise a half gram joint is comparable to a small pinner joint of the Haze. Burned well and had an interesting taste.

Also got some "Purple" from Siberie again (no photo). Even better than I remembered. Incredible tranquil but not sedative effect. Very long lasting. Burned better than last time but I did take my sweet time in preparing the joint to make sure it would. No seeds this time. 5e for half a gram and a cup of coffee.

And that's it. Tried some indoor, import, and outdoor weed. Very happy with all three. No hash because there's only so much you can smoke in a couple of days if you want to do other things too.

GoatCheese

Veteran
^^

That same thai cost around 4 euros/g in some shops around 2013-2015, so Kashmir is seriously over pricing it. Many shops sold the same exact weed as their thai ..the low-grade Jamaican (grown in Africa according to Katsu’s menu) was in many shops too, but it was even worse than the thai

I used the thai for hash mixer too and it’s good stuff for that purpose cause it doesn’t alter the effects of Moroccan/Leb hash.

goingrey

^^

That same thai cost around 4 euros/g in some shops around 2013-2015, so Kashmir is seriously over pricing it. Many shops sold the same exact weed as their thai ..the low-grade Jamaican (grown in Africa according to Katsu’s menu) was in many shops too, but it was even worse than the thai

I used the thai for hash mixer too and it’s good stuff for that purpose cause it doesn’t alter the effects of Moroccan/Leb hash.
Well that was then. Not sure if it's because of the pandemic or what but Thai and import weed in general seems to have become much less common. Now it's a rare curiosity so I'm ok with the price hike. The best deal nowadays I guess would be Dutch outdoor. At least when the year's harvest starts coming in - slim pickings right now. Not sure what the best hash mixer would be. Lots of cheap CBD buds available but the CBD will surely mess with the high. Probably best to just get a disposable pipe and smoke it pure?

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yea, the pandemic might have an effect on availability
There wasn’t alot of import weed in Adam around 2007-2015 either, different kinds of import hash, yes, but not alot of import weed.

Some shops were selling the thai for 6-7 euros even back then -calling it "super thai" or something like that- but it was still the same stuff some shops were selling for around 4 euros/g. That’s how some coffee shops are.

Katsu sold 3 grams of the thai for 10 euros in December 2019. That's where i first got it around 2012.
http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Katsu/Menus/Katsu.html

I tried smoking hash from a pipe over there but it was quite difficult to do outdoors cause Adam is a windy town some times and i like to stay on move when i'm over there
.. but you can make it work just fine if you smoke indoors. You have to keep flame on some stuff fairly long cause they can be fairly hard pressed. The softer stuff is easier roll to sausages or what ever and get it to burn abit faster.

I didn’t smoke alot of Dutch outdoor when i was visiting, just some skunk once which i also tried as a hash mixer but it had strong enough potency to mess with the hash effect. I think the thai works very well for that cause it’s so mild.

I was going to try more Dutch outdoor but a shop called Yo-Yo that was selling alot of outdoor weed was closed every time i was in town. They had a nice selection of that stuff. I'm not sure if the shop still exists.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Yo-Yo/Menus/Yo-Yo.html

Last edited:

goingrey

Yea, the pandemic might have an effect on availability
There wasn’t alot of import weed in Adam around 2007-2015 either, different kinds of import hash, yes, but not alot of import weed.

Some shops were selling the thai for 6-7 euros even back then -calling it "super thai" or something like that- but it was still the same stuff some shops were selling for around 4 euros/g. That’s how some coffee shops are.

Katsu sold 3 grams of the thai for 10 euros in December 2019. That's where i first got it around 2012.
http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Katsu/Menus/Katsu.html

I tried smoking hash from a pipe over there but it was quite difficult to do outdoors cause Adam is a windy town some times and i like to stay on move when i'm over there
.. but you can make it work just fine if you smoke indoors. You have to keep flame on some stuff fairly long cause they can be fairly hard pressed. The softer stuff is easier roll to sausages or what ever and get it to burn abit faster.

I didn’t smoke alot of Dutch outdoor when i was visiting, just some skunk once which i also tried as a hash mixer but it had strong enough potency to mess with the hash effect. I think the thai works very well for that cause it’s so mild.

I was going to try more Dutch outdoor but a shop called Yo-Yo that was selling alot of outdoor weed was closed every time i was in town. They had a nice selection of that stuff. I'm not sure if the shop still exists.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Yo-Yo/Menus/Yo-Yo.html
Oh nice seems like Yo-Yo has had a big selection. Kashmir has also had a nice selection of Dutch outdoor in the past but now they had nothing. Then also a good shop called Paradox has had a couple of kinds usually. And Siberie has the Purple of course. Can't remember buying outdoor Nederwiet from anywhere else.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yea, that Dutch outdoor i tried once was from Paradaox, actually. Nice shop, for sure. The guy at the counter told me it was basically outdoor skunk and the effect was skunk like too.

I have also tried Leb, Turkish, Afghan and Moroccan super polm hash from them. The Leb had few tiny “hairs” of cotton on the surface cause they pack and press the hash in cotton bags in Lebanon, so it was nice verification that it really came from Lebanon.

One place for nice quality traditional Moroccan for decent price is 1e Hulp. Their Tidghine hash was very nice for around 9-10 euros /g in 2015, i could smoke piles of that stuff. It was nice minty and sweet incensey. Worth checking out if they have that in stock , thou the shop is abit out side of the city center

Amsterdam Errline

The best hash of 2021 for me was Mochi Gelato (Gelato# 47) for sure Hashish of Amsterdam 2021 Ebook almost finish :)..
SOLO did drop some epic ones.
Mochi.Gelato.Edits.03juni2021.001.jpg

Mochi.Gelato.Edits.03juni2021.002.jpg

The ride.

The Smell, 9,5/10.
Best smelling Double filtered for me it so pure and clean.
Smell like Mochi with some drips of Vanilla.
There is a layer with sweet mint and some hazelnut.
On the background some spicy nutmeg.

The Taste, 9,0/10.
It vaporize very smooth is like a heavenly taste.
I think i say it before this my Favorited Double Filtered.
A nice Vanilla with that epic Mochi and a light layer of sweet mint.
A sweet hazelnut with cream after taste.

The Feeling, 8,6/10.
It`s a bit more body then head thinking 10% more body.
Very relax we getting a mellow feeling it feels like you unspeed you self a bit.
The muscle getting relax and the pain get muted to.
Its a very nice Allround strain it kills pain but bring some nice creativity with it.

Summary of the flavors,
Cream [7]
Fruit [2]
Hazelnut [7]
Mint [6]
Mochi [8]
Nutmeg [3]
Spice [2]
Sweet [3]
Vanilla [7]

Summary of the effect,
Anxiety relief [8] Audio perception [5] Communication [5]
Consider process [6] Appetite [8] Humor experience [5]
Ability to rest or sit [6] Paranoia relief [8] Pain relief [8]
Sex drive [4] Sleep [4] Taste perception [6]
Imagination / creativity [8] Visual observation [6]

Profile: 40% / 60% (Percentage of head to body (e.g. 80% head 20% body).
Potency: 80 (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent).
Duration: 112 Mins (approx length of buzz, from first hit).
Use: later in the day / Start Evening.
Munchies: Yes.

Some one remember Vette Maroc From Katsu was so sticky and strong...

Latest posts

Latest posts