What's new

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
If memory serves, I think be bought 4 packs. Did a run from one pack and immediately found a kick ass representative. Didn’t back any of those up…so he then OP’d the rest of the packs. I don’t know if he cops to it being Haze # 19, though. Seem to recall him saying they were not from that particular plant, but I could be wrong.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Who ran Positronics are they still alive?
Sorry I don't know

If memory serves, I think be bought 4 packs. Did a run from one pack and immediately found a kick ass representative. Didn’t back any of those up…so he then OP’d the rest of the packs. I don’t know if he cops to it being Haze # 19, though. Seem to recall him saying they were not from that particular plant, but I could be wrong.

All of this was discussed on the other site. He was there he could have disputed anything. We all know Tom will let ya know what he thinks

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
Who ran Positronics are they still alive?
Extracted from the positronics page:

Wernard Bruining is a cannabis activist and defender, especially known for founding the famous “Coffee Shop Mellow Yellow” in Amsterdam in 1972. Even though he is a renowned professor, he discovers his true calling and decides to start his career in the world of cannabis. This led him to become a true marijuana guru.

Through an American friend, Bruining met Ed Holloway, an experienced cannabis producer in California. He taught him how to grow Sinsemilla organically, and with him he traveled thousands of kilometers cultivating and harvesting from garden to garden.

Founder of Positronics Seeds
In 1985 he retired from the seed business because, for his taste, it had become too commercial. And the following year he founded and opened the first grow shop for marijuana lovers in Europe, under the name of Positronics Seeds.

Positronics grew and became famous around the world to become a cannabis superstore with a broad social base.

Decades later he joined Sebastián García and his son Juani, cannabis enthusiasts and owners of a well-known grow shop in Malaga. Together they embarked on a path of many years of hard work and constant research, this was the rebirth of the brand.

Bruining since 2009 has focused on the use of cannabis oil for medicinal purposes. He is the founder of the well-known organization “Stichting Mediwiet”, which has an increasingly larger group of patients. The results obtained after these patients take the diluted cannabis oil are surprising and, above all, very encouraging.

AmericanFarmer

Extracted from the positronics page:

Wernard Bruining is a cannabis activist and defender, especially known for founding the famous “Coffee Shop Mellow Yellow” in Amsterdam in 1972. Even though he is a renowned professor, he discovers his true calling and decides to start his career in the world of cannabis. This led him to become a true marijuana guru.

Through an American friend, Bruining met Ed Holloway, an experienced cannabis producer in California. He taught him how to grow Sinsemilla organically, and with him he traveled thousands of kilometers cultivating and harvesting from garden to garden.

Founder of Positronics Seeds
In 1985 he retired from the seed business because, for his taste, it had become too commercial. And the following year he founded and opened the first grow shop for marijuana lovers in Europe, under the name of Positronics Seeds.

Positronics grew and became famous around the world to become a cannabis superstore with a broad social base.

Decades later he joined Sebastián García and his son Juani, cannabis enthusiasts and owners of a well-known grow shop in Malaga. Together they embarked on a path of many years of hard work and constant research, this was the rebirth of the brand.

Bruining since 2009 has focused on the use of cannabis oil for medicinal purposes. He is the founder of the well-known organization “Stichting Mediwiet”, which has an increasingly larger group of patients. The results obtained after these patients take the diluted cannabis oil are surprising and, above all, very encouraging.
Thank you for that. Sorry I should have googled it. My apologies. 🙏🏻

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
Old photos that I have saved...

1 photo :Old Ed and Wernard.
2 photo from left to right Soma-Wernard-Old Ed-Ed Rosenthal
-Old Ed Indy en Wernard Posi Tuin 1996.jpg
1996 Soma- Wernard- Old Ed- Ed Rosenthal in Positronics garden.jpg

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
I know Tommy Chong please excuse my ignorance, but who are the other fellows , are you the baby?
Never mind I need glasses!
It's not Tommy, it's Old Ed.

1 photo :Old Ed and Wernard.
2 photo from left to right Soma-Wernard-Old Ed-Ed Rosenthal

Wernard text:

In 1979, Old Ed traveled from Oregon, USA, to Holland, taking with him his knowledge of growing "sinsemilla" and its seeds.

For 5 years he lived in my house and during that time I felt blessed by his presence. To me, it was as if I had been sent by God himself. He taught me how to smoke cigar, how to grow organically and how to communicate with plants.

Its seeds were the first marketed in Europe through the Lowland Seed Company (1980 - 84) of Amsterdam, thus producing the Eurocannabis phenomenon.

He was always an anti-prohibition activist and considered the fight for cannabis as a moral obligation.
During these years he returned to Europe several times making new friends, for whom we will always be grateful.

Please sign this record. This way your children and grandchildren will know who this great "grandfather" was and his teachings.

Wernard Bruining

Attachments

• Old Ed geeft uitleg.jpg
    Old Ed geeft uitleg.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Old Ed in findhorn.jpg
    Old Ed in findhorn.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 22
  • old Ed in Greenhouse 1984.jpg
    old Ed in Greenhouse 1984.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Old-Ed-and-Yellow-Lowlands-Seed-Poster.jpg
    Old-Ed-and-Yellow-Lowlands-Seed-Poster.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 23

AmericanFarmer

I wonder what that plants lineage is they are all standing around?

My phones lagging behind on these answers. Man that’s real cannabis history. The real MFing G’s. 👍🏼💙🙏🏻

AmericanFarmer

Wernard is still alive. He is nowadays running the mediwiet site in the Netherlands. Positronics is nowadays owned by a Spanish guy in Spain.

Old pic of Wernard handing over a certificate they had in the time.

View attachment 19000445
Bro you are an excellent resource on classic old pictures. You are a walking archive of cannabis history. I’ve been watching and reading your posts for years now. Thank you for your dedication to the history of cannabis.
AF

Latest posts

Latest posts