What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
This is how I paint my buckets and large containers...This one is just 10 gallons.

Two colors of green spray paint that says it sticks to plastic. Sometimes a stripe or two of flat black..

After you've moved it to place and planted it, cover the top edges with leaves, twigs or brush; just to help hide the straight edges..

Attachments

• camo container.jpg
    camo container.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 10
T

Teddybrae

This is how I paint my buckets and large containers...This one is just 10 gallons.

Ha Ha! never thought to use those floppy plastic containers with the big handles for pots ..

But I used to paint my pots with the PVA used for bonding concrete (so it's waterproof) then when it became sticky I 'd stick hay and leaves to the outside.

cheers!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
:yeahthats

actually, these aren't the pots you're thinking of..

These are pretty heavy duty...They were 18 gallon white plastic drums that industrial-use laundry cleaner comes in...
They were an exact miniature of white 55 gallon drums, with the 2 screw out bungs in the top of them...
They used to give them to me at the local hospital's laundry building, 16 miles from here
I had about 10 of them sitting around, that I hadn't used in the past 4 years for anything else...

I cut them out with my Bosch jig-saw...Easy-peasy.... I cut them with handles just for ease of moving..
They are 10 or 11 gallons to the top edge, not counting the handles...

I live way out in the country, so I have room to store shit that I come across that I might have use for one day...

I cut them out, drill lots of 1/2 inch holes in 'em and spray paint them, as you can see, so they blend in a little better..

'Boogieman'

Is girdling trees not an option? It's what I do in Indiana with good success just take a machete and strip the bark and some skin this will kill the tree slowly I strip really low so its not obvious. Often trees will lose 90% of leaves but not completely die the first year which actually helps hide plants.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Is girdling trees not an option? It's what I do in Indiana with good success just take a machete and strip the bark and some skin this will kill the tree slowly I strip really low so its not obvious. Often trees will lose 90% of leaves but not completely die the first year which actually helps hide plants.

It works, and I use the girdling method as well. But having an entire new grow location and no prior years of preparation you gotta act fast and get those suckers to vegging asap right off the bat to maximize yields and prevent enclosure of vegetation from suffocating out your girls.

I will drop a tip for ya guys though. If you take a good cordless drill and drill you a hole into the tree that you want to die, then fill it with iodized salt, it works very well and brings them to their death very quickly. An old hillbilly trick we have been using here in Eastern Ky for as long as I can remember.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great mountain buds! Healthy girls going this year, and we'd like to keep it that way! I had to climb a small tree by the plot this year and pull down a branch. Didn't even have to cut it, just bent it down and wedged it out of the way.

No pics but the garden is going really well this year! I was a good boy and separated the seed from desirable phenos from last year's crop. Have 11 sativa candy spice phenos and about 40 house indica phenos. Its an afghan dominant line.

Been spreading organic repellent mix around the plot once or twice a week to keep critters away. Went to check on them today and a few were killed with cut stems and there had been some deer feeding. Took out the old pieced together fence and put up solid chain link all the way around and spread more repellant. Topped the plants last week since they were at a foot.

Thanking God for the rain lately! Plants are on the move! :smoke:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yes that is true WV... Your guys climate and environment is identical to ours pretty much. Reason that I am having to tie stuff down is basically because I'm growing on new land and new areas. I wasn't aware of how thick some of my plots would get until everything really started kicking in growth and filling in. I was prepared for it though as I am used to this happening. The Appalachia is like the damn jungle. Hot, humid, dense, infested with bugs, and can be extremely dangerous. Your right, we have all the problems you listed plus how dangerous and risky it is to be doing this type of biz that we do as well.

What I have found works best for assuring you won't get into a spot that will later be filled in and covering angles of sunlight around your plot is to scout your potential grow areas the season before in late summer/early fall. If they are receiving substantial amounts of sunlight at that time then they will be receiving it the next year as well through the summer with the exception of maybe having to remove a new branch here and there.

Yea this fall/into winter I'm gonna maybe cut a few more trees. I've got my plot cleared out about as good as I can this yr. it should work for my plants I wanna put in containers and have easy access to put more care and time into, then I've got allot of area behind my house to guerilla grow...old gas well holler.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Looking great mountain buds! Healthy girls going this year, and we'd like to keep it that way! I had to climb a small tree by the plot this year and pull down a branch. Didn't even have to cut it, just bent it down and wedged it out of the way.

No pics but the garden is going really well this year! I was a good boy and separated the seed from desirable phenos from last year's crop. Have 11 sativa candy spice phenos and about 40 house indica phenos. Its an afghan dominant line.

Been spreading organic repellent mix around the plot once or twice a week to keep critters away. Went to check on them today and a few were killed with cut stems and there had been some deer feeding. Took out the old pieced together fence and put up solid chain link all the way around and spread more repellant. Topped the plants last week since they were at a foot.

Thanking God for the rain lately! Plants are on the move! :smoke:
Repellent seems to attract them for me so I took my buddy's dog for a walk in the plot and let him mark his territory. I'm told that dog hair works and keeps deer, raccoons and Foxes away, so I old him to put the dog hair in a bag for me when he brushes him. I'll spread it and see if that helps.

Easy7

Veteran
Just watch how close the dog dna is to finding you (the grower). If I used my dogs hair it can convict me. If I use goat manure, it always has hair. It can be traced to the farm. But cops can be real stupid about finding plants and evidence. Their job is a front for insecurities. So they usually just act smart and tuff. Beware if one actually does some work.

Rodehazrd

Dog hair won't repel a coon if there's fish or feather in there, Trap them out and make a nice hat or something if they keep digging it up.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Just watch how close the dog dna is to finding you (the grower). If I used my dogs hair it can convict me. If I use goat manure, it always has hair. It can be traced to the farm. But cops can be real stupid about finding plants and evidence. Their job is a front for insecurities. So they usually just act smart and tuff. Beware if one actually does some work.

Dogs run loose in our parts. I'm friends with all neighbors dogs because I give them cookies. It's how I keep coons away. Without dogs around here, coons will bust through screen doors to get at the cat food. They're pretty bold. lol

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been blessed with lots of rain the last couple days, hit the 2 inch mark today! We were getting pretty dry so it looks like we're making up for it! Had a hard storm pass by yesterday so went to check on the plot. No limbs down or anything, but I found 2 more plants of good size cut by what must be a rodent at the base. I just replaced the fence with all chain link for the deer, but the rodents are still pestering me.

The organic repellant is small granules and after I applied it this afternoon, a storm came up and washed it all away I think. I bring my 3 dogs to the plot every time I go, but we're still having animal issues. I always wait to take a leak until I get to my plot. I noticed one of my dogs go number 2 in the field on the way out. So I went back, got the shovel, and spread it around outside the fence. I have a couple cats, so next time I clean the litter, I'll bring it out for repellant.

Any good repellant ideas? Maybe I should get some pot marigolds going around the plot! :smoke:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Been blessed with lots of rain the last couple days, hit the 2 inch mark today! We were getting pretty dry so it looks like we're making up for it! Had a hard storm pass by yesterday so went to check on the plot. No limbs down or anything, but I found 2 more plants of good size cut by what must be a rodent at the base. I just replaced the fence with all chain link for the deer, but the rodents are still pestering me.

The organic repellant is small granules and after I applied it this afternoon, a storm came up and washed it all away I think. I bring my 3 dogs to the plot every time I go, but we're still having animal issues. I always wait to take a leak until I get to my plot. I noticed one of my dogs go number 2 in the field on the way out. So I went back, got the shovel, and spread it around outside the fence. I have a couple cats, so next time I clean the litter, I'll bring it out for repellant.

Any good repellant ideas? Maybe I should get some pot marigolds going around the plot! :smoke:

Glad they're holding up. Buy mouse bait/poison. That might work. I have some stems chopped too. I just found 1/4 inch chicken fencing online. I hope I can find it locally.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Blackhawk flying hard and low this morning, early as hell too. I was lucky I had my 4 wheeler hidden under camo netting, then beneath a thick pine for even more coverage. My person was equipped head to toe as well with camo and even a ghillie top and hat. I had just filled my jugs in the creek and then boom! Over the mountain and to the bottom of the hollar I heard the bird... I swear to God you guys would never imagine how quick and silent these actually loud mother fuckers are when they Hoover over your head. This has not happened to me in a few years, yes I took cover in a small den that had washed out and formed in a creek and prayed that I did not get spotted or that they did not spot my girls. They circled I think 6 times then hoovered over my head, the chopper lowered to the tops of the trees not even 50 feet away from me and nosed up and blew the tops of the trees over and a few limbs even broke off next to me. They then proceeded to fly away on down the holler, heard then flying for a few mins there and then I lost sound of them. I grabbed my jugs, finished up watering the 4 plants in that plot and got the hell out of there. I am assuming they didn't see it, as this crop was so rural they couldn't practically send in a ground unit to it, it was rappel only bait for sure. Right now they are looking for the big patches and not really taking as much time with it as they do later in the year. I can say that today, was another countless lucky day! You guys please be safe out there! Never know what surprises could be in store for you.

-TheShortTexan-

Holy crap bro.. I would still be in that hole if it happened to me. You've got mad nads... I just keep a single white rhino and I get nervous when I see a single car hahaha

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Blackhawk flying hard and low this morning, early as hell too. I was lucky I had my 4 wheeler hidden under camo netting, then beneath a thick pine for even more coverage. My person was equipped head to toe as well with camo and even a ghillie top and hat. I had just filled my jugs in the creek and then boom! Over the mountain and to the bottom of the hollar I heard the bird... I swear to God you guys would never imagine how quick and silent these actually loud mother fuckers are when they Hoover over your head. This has not happened to me in a few years, yes I took cover in a small den that had washed out and formed in a creek and prayed that I did not get spotted or that they did not spot my girls. They circled I think 6 times then hoovered over my head, the chopper lowered to the tops of the trees not even 50 feet away from me and nosed up and blew the tops of the trees over and a few limbs even broke off next to me. They then proceeded to fly away on down the holler, heard then flying for a few mins there and then I lost sound of them. I grabbed my jugs, finished up watering the 4 plants in that plot and got the hell out of there. I am assuming they didn't see it, as this crop was so rural they couldn't practically send in a ground unit to it, it was rappel only bait for sure. Right now they are looking for the big patches and not really taking as much time with it as they do later in the year. I can say that today, was another countless lucky day! You guys please be safe out there! Never know what surprises could be in store for you.
Damn..... Call your Governor and tell him to quit wasting money like that. 100k for 4 hours? Just how much do you get for a pound of weed bro?

-TheShortTexan-

Have any of you ever just seeded outdoors? I know it's not ideal like moving pre-vegged cuttings outdoors, but I'm curious. The white rhino I've got stuck in the bushes is only like a week old from seed and it's PLENTY warm in Texas already. Will the heat stunt growth?? Any input/advice from you guys is appreciated. This thread is freaking amazing!! Lovin all of it

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Have any of you ever just seeded outdoors? I know it's not ideal like moving pre-vegged cuttings outdoors, but I'm curious. The white rhino I've got stuck in the bushes is only like a week old from seed and it's PLENTY warm in Texas already. Will the heat stunt growth?? Any input/advice from you guys is appreciated. This thread is freaking amazing!! Lovin all of it

I sowed a couple hundred bag seed two years ago as an experiment. Nothing grew. What a total waste. And this was in nice Canadian farm land topsoil.

If you MUST, you have to be prepared to show up every day for about 3 weeks to gently water them. I've yet to see anything of substance when started directly in the ground. But I may I just missed that.

I'd pop the seeds as we do in paper towels and baggies in a warm spot, plant in seed starter with NO nutrients for two weeks, feed lightly for two more weeks, then transplant in a good soil and cage them. Nothing less.

I suggest you start reading Julian's thread (in my sig).

Easy7

Veteran
Those black hawks have FLIR and I bet they did see an image and were not certain what they saw. Sounds like the were very active and had something (you) on the FLIR. Not running helps a lot! Or giving them the finger. Basically if you are in a ball like hiding from lightening, they get no real shape.

Latest posts

Latest posts