What's new

Gorilla Grow tents...

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've built rooms out for most of my life, so I've never grown in a tent before.

Right now, I have a 8x8 room set up, but I want a place to expand a bit, and have a place to run through my seed stock while keeping the other room going with clones. Or make seeds. Or look for males to cross with a mom if I'm so inclined.

Obviously a tent would be a perfect solution for this.

I was originally looking at the typical big name tents, and they all seem to be at the same price point for the most part. And they mostly have positive reviews from hundreds of people.

As I research further into this, Gorilla Grow Tents seem to be held in very high regard. But they're also 3 times the price.

I don't have problems spending the money. But I'm also not one to spend foolishly.

If a $130 Vivosun from Amazon will do the job, why should I spend $350 for the Gorilla? I do like the 360 degree access from the Gorilla, but it's not a deal breaker. And certainly not worth a $200 premium by itself.

I also only have 82" of height to work with in my basement. So the height adjustment is a nice feature but not worth it to me for my situation with the Chinese tents being in the 78-80" range.

(I'm still deciding between Quantum Boards or COBs, but it'll definitely be LED lighting.)

I suppose what I could do is buy them both and compare them myself. Then return one of them. But I'd rather engage the fine folks of ICMag for their perspective. (Yes, this is me shamelessly sucking up)

R

Rab.C

hey Got_Bud they are nice tents.i say if you have enough spare cash go for it i would.

i went for a cheap tent called a lighthouse max 3x3 cost £130 and is a great tent.

i have done 1 grow in it and done well.

i say go with your gut feeling.

all the best Rab

Dog Star

Veteran
Am like those 55 model that can be raised by 30 cm.. if i will buy new tent i think
i buy Gorilla 55,its 152 x152 x 210/240cm dimension...

Gone Camping

I'v been through two cheaper tents, both had a zipper failure in ~2 years.

My last tent purchase was a Gorilla 4x4 Lite Line, finishing my 3rd season now with zero issues. The Gorilla has much better zippers over any other i'v had prior.

I have had the need to run into the city for supplies, to an HTG Supply. They have a tent with green fabric (forget the brand) setup that looks very stout as well. If I were to buy another I would have a look at those as well.

EDIT: Here ya go.. https://www.htgsupply.com/products/silverback-large-green-grow-tent/

Last edited:

Bobby Boucher

My vivosuns served me well. The zippers never had problems like the dozen other tents I’ve owned. The skins fit very tightly over the frames which allowed for the zippers to be operated with one hand without running into jams and bending your teeth up.

Never ran a gorilla tent. If I was going in and out and in and out all damn day long, or had a strain that hermied under small light stresses, I’d consider spending the extra money. Otherwise, no. Vivosuns do the trick, IME.

*Probably preaching to the choir, but after losing some prized cuts, I starting curing my tents with high heat and ventilation for a few hours, via an electric dryer vent. In retrospect, probably be easier and more effective to run an electric space heater for a few hours with light ventilation.

Last edited:

Dog Star

Veteran
I'v been through two cheaper tents, both had a zipper failure in ~2 years.

My last tent purchase was a Gorilla 4x4 Lite Line, finishing my 3rd season now with zero issues. The Gorilla has much better zippers over any other i'v had prior.

I have had the need to run into the city for supplies, to an HTG Supply. They have a tent with green fabric (forget the brand) setup that looks very stout as well. If I were to buy another I would have a look at those as well.

EDIT: Here ya go.. https://www.htgsupply.com/products/silverback-large-green-grow-tent/

It does look cool and i like colour,it even have better fabric than Gorilla...

2000D is better than 1650D.. but i grow now in Mammoth Elite Q
that haves just 600D and still works very good..

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After watching a few more video reviews of the Gorilla Tents, I'm thinking of spending the money. Buy once cry once is a philosophy I've learned the hard way a few times.

It's the little attentions to details that a lot of the reviewers pointed out that I like about them - inner and outer flaps to cover the zippers. 360 degree zippers. The heavier fabric. Zippers are higher quality than others reviewed. The pole thickness and subsequent weight bearing increase. (Timber Lights are kinda beefy with their frames)

This is something I'm planning on using for a few years. And may put it away once in a while if the need arises. I do appreciate something that is well built and meant to last.

I hope I'm not disappointed.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I’ve owned a secret jardin dark room 4x4 tent for 8+ years and it is still with no problems. I’m also using a 5x9 gorilla tent. Been using that one for going on 3 years now with no problems too.

With that said, the gorilla tent is way better. If money isn’t a problem I’d definitely get the gorilla no question.

RawNature

just got mine 2x2.5 1 foot extension so 6'11 height. am wondering about the load bearing bar mine comes with 1(E) and two roof support beams(F) i put the F ones (shorter) first and then the E on underneath them pushing the (F's) up making them the highest part of the frame right? i just am a bit scared of breaking it though even though i know they are sturdy beams.

Latest posts

Latest posts