What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Sforza

Veteran
Hi Guys,
Tang...I don't mind my theories being debunked. But my highs were becoming boring till I dropped 80 pounds...so for me, it's working. Or could be that I just generally feel so much better...that I'm appreciating my highs more. I shouldn't analyze so much...especially while stoned.

I'm isolated like everyone else. This did not surprise me at all. I'm a retired medical person and know that contagions spread so much easier with population density. And the worlds population has run amuck just within my lifetime. Not saying this isn't a bad virus and a scary situation...just wasn't a big surprise when it snowballed.

Getting stoned myself right now. Thai/Malawi infused olive oil. Taking 5 cc an hour until I get too stoned to remember to do it. lol

Be safely stoned everyone!
John

I am suspending smoking until this damn virus subsides, since I am old and it attacks the lungs as I understand it.

It's a good time to try out Tang's chew it up and swallow it method, but first I have to grow some more ganja (in process now), and then COB it using the updated method. I am looking forward to it. The edibles I have made a not the sort of soaring trippy high that Tang describes when he chews us and eats a little bit of COB.

How is the high from the olive oil infusion? I was thinking of using coconut oil or maybe MCT oil as a carrier to get it into my bloodstream quicker.

DrDee

How is the high from the olive oil infusion? I was thinking of using coconut oil or maybe MCT oil as a carrier to get it into my bloodstream quicker.

Sforza,
Any infusion is only as good as the original material put into it. My olive oil was infused with some very trippy weed. Golden Tiger which is a Thai/Malawi cross. With oral ingestion...tolerance builds up fairly quickly. So I've been doing very potent doses but only weekly. More a ritualistic thing...treating it same as I would an acid trip.

Tang's cob curing makes changes in the nature of the high...as well as allowing it to be edible without decarb...so entourage effect remains. Whereas with my Qwet technique...all terps are lost. I'm guessing that's part of why Tangwena can have such profound highs...as frequently as he does. Getting lots of assist from terpines.
JD

Tangwena

Veteran
Great news Sforza hopefully the virus will make you change for the better smoking is a no no now that I can no longer do it myself ha ha.

Dr Dee man I cant recommend it enough I think once you have 2 or 3 different strains cobbed and aged you will be able to get as high as you like simply by switching strains.
I have used it this way every day for around 8 years or maybe more now.
I can get anything from tripped out bliss to euphoric speedy energy just by varying the dosage and strain its magic.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I have a Malawi that is coming down . . .

With social distancing due to the contagion & the fact that I am in the caution age bracket, corn husks may be very difficult to get right now. Can I use parchment paper for the initial sweat?

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
DrDee: I also have so high tolerance and felt my highs weren't like before.

I agree with you, % of body fat has to do with tolerance. Activity too. I've lost about 40pounds, and highs quality, specially "immersion" were back.

Is in such "inmmersive" state where I find exploring problem solving really productive, or just letting my mind to wander when I (unintentionally) "recover" deep memories or have super joyful "daydreams" like the episode you describe.

So have to admit... my motivation to work out and not let fat to come back is cannabis! :biggrin:

Tangwena

Veteran
I have a Malawi that is coming down . . .

With social distancing due to the contagion & the fact that I am in the caution age bracket, corn husks may be very difficult to get right now. Can I use parchment paper for the initial sweat?
Hi my friend good on you for giving it a go you can do this without any wrapper if you have a vacuum bag just shape the buds into a brick, candy bar or roll them into a tube like a cob.
Then vacuum seal it the shape will become distorted by the power of the vacuum but that doesn't effect anything adversley.

The good thing about doing it without a wrapper is you can see the buds sweating and start changing color easily.
The main things to watch out for is not to overdo the sweating stop sweating once you see the buds changing from green to Autumn colors thats when the fermentation is starting dont go on to long or you loose a lot of terps and get a very dark product.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Hi my friend good on you for giving it a go you can do this without any wrapper if you have a vacuum bag just shape the buds into a brick, candy bar or roll them into a tube like a cob.
Then vacuum seal it the shape will become distorted by the power of the vacuum but that doesn't effect anything adversley.

The good thing about doing it without a wrapper is you can see the buds sweating and start changing color easily.
The main things to watch out for is not to overdo the sweating stop sweating once you see the buds changing from green to Autumn colors thats when the fermentation is starting dont go on to long or you loose a lot of terps and get a very dark product.

Let's call that Tangwena's 20420 Cob Recipe! :tiphat: Brilliant!

Tangwena

Veteran
Let's call that Tangwena's 20420 Cob Recipe! :tiphat: Brilliant!
Hi brother have you seen pumas pyjamas cobs on the 420 cob thread outstanding stuff he even loaded one with kief but the pineapple candy bar cure is my favorite well they all are really he has done a good job.
All using brown paper or no wrapper its eye opening.

Tangwena

Veteran
2017 Panama

2017 Panama

This is some 3 year old Panama cola bud that was cured canary style without any wrapper just a bud in a bag.
Its now so strong at least to me I only need a piece about the size of half a pea 0.1g is more than enough.
I have been on this stuff for 3 days now and have not built any tolerance if anything I need less each day amazingly trippy and super energizing the well aged cobs can be really strong if the original buds were good enough in the first place.
This piece is like a piece of dry beef jerky you just shave off pieces.

picture.php

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is some 3 year old Panama cola bud that was cured canary style without any wrapper just a bud in a bag.
Its now so strong at least to me I only need a piece about the size of half a pea 0.1g is more than enough.
I have been on this stuff for 3 days now and have not built any tolerance if anything I need less each day amazingly trippy and super energizing the well aged cobs can be really strong if the original buds were good enough in the first place.
This piece is like a piece of dry beef jerky you just shave off pieces.

View Image

looks familiar... hehe

Tangwena

Veteran
looks familiar... hehe
Damn straight brother 4 th day on it today and its even stronger than day one and I spat out half the powder after chewing the juice out.
I would be well messed up up if I had swallowed it all. Probably doing the breast stroke across my floor while on my back ha ha.
Just the juice makes me crazy high energized and full of shit like when I was young hung and full of come ha ha.

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
im trying it with kush but i know this is for sativas
let see what comes
rh 70% 38gr medium trimmed lower buds
in a vacuum bag covered with heat mat

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
shit that vacuum bag was badly closed. it has opened when i was sleeping. now my whole home stinks that stuff hahaha. i hope i didn't failed cob. it is still moist. i put it new bag.

Tangwena

Veteran
shit that vacuum bag was badly closed. it has opened when i was sleeping. now my whole home stinks that stuff hahaha. i hope i didn't failed cob. it is still moist. i put it new bag.
Dont worry my friend it takes more than that to fail.
If you get a sweat going and it starts fermenting the smell will knock on your back its that good.

RED 1

Smoked a 6 week KA5H "first attempt cob"
:biggrin:

Took your advice T.:)
In three months let's see what she has to say
Got the date plant was hanged, when buds dry enough, will seal their faith
Cobbing KA5H,has amplified intensity of the giggle fit you get from her anyway.First try,earlier today
Great stuff my friend
:)

Tangwena

Veteran
Smoked a 6 week KA5H "first attempt cob"
:biggrin:
That looks very nice it should mature nicely.
I would reseal it and store in a warm place 25 to 30c for 3 months and then check it out.
They cook nicely over that time, its when they start to mature that you get the real highs starting.