Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > Strongest coconut oil I can make so far

Thread Title Search
Strongest coconut oil I can make so far Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2018, 08:38 PM #1
Betteradvise

Betteradvise is on a distinguished road
Strongest coconut oil I can make so far

This is how I go about it:

Coffee grind buds enough to fill pint jar packed tightly. Sous vide at 95C for 1 hour to decarb put jar in bath as it warms up to temp - leave lid loose to vent. Jar can be as full as you want (more = stronger) but pack it tight.

Split decarbed material between two quart jars. Fill each jar with Everclear or similar highest proof spirit you can find. Sous vide 60C for two hours - leave lid loose to vent.

Pour bud/alcohol mix into hash bag or almond milk bag (fine mesh). Squeeze it all out into bowl/pot. Add 1 cup coconut oil.

Fridge to separate - oil will solidify on bottom of pan. Pour off alcohol and return to bottle to recycle for the next time (just keep replenishing your mother mix with new spirits, it gets better with age).

Add hot water - fridge to separate - repeat process to make oil as clean as possible.

After final washing place jar in double boiler bath and fill with oil - cook oil in double boiler on high (your oil will never get over 200 this way) until all bubbles (final decarb) have stopped.

Add 1 Tbl lecithin powder, put on lid and shake it up and put in fridge. Make sure to shake it occasionally until solid to mix lecithin evenly.

Enjoy in small amounts straight or add to something like tea.
Betteradvise is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:22 PM #2
Betteradvise

Additional things:

I take off the lid every 20 minutes or so on the bud/alcohol cook jar and stir it up with a plastic chop stick.

I use an electric hand mixer on the strained alchol/oil mixture to ensure even distribution prior to refrigeration.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:12 PM #3
Easy7

Easy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud of
What makes you think all the actives are in the oil and not the ethanol you poured off?
Only here to discuss cultivation theory, check out genetics and their reviews, technology for this trade, and cannabis politics. Not currently partaking in any cannabis pleasure other than discussions.
Easy7 is offline Quote

Old 02-26-2018, 11:59 PM #4
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud of
If you want strong check this one out https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=140269
⅔ hash oil by weight, thats practically eating the stuff straight
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

Old 02-27-2018, 04:26 AM #5
Betteradvise

Ethanol gets recycled every time so it never gets lost just stronger

Old 02-27-2018, 04:45 AM #6
Betteradvise

As ethanol becomes more concentrated with each cycle so does your coconut oil so this just improves as you go.

Old 03-02-2018, 04:47 AM #7
Betteradvise

I use a Volcano and run one bag per filled chamber. Save duff and use as above as well - waste not.

Old 03-02-2018, 03:50 PM #8
WishDoctor

WishDoctor is a jewel in the roughWishDoctor is a jewel in the roughWishDoctor is a jewel in the roughWishDoctor is a jewel in the roughWishDoctor is a jewel in the roughWishDoctor is a jewel in the roughWishDoctor is a jewel in the rough
who uses nugs for oil the taste will be like soap, try adding 60grams of 84% thc clear to 1/8 cup coconut thats how we do it...a little drop will do ya
soy lecithin is poison, causes serious physical and mental problems anxiety being number 1, plus soy is plain bad for the human system. use sunflower for a better safer consumption experience.

You see I have millions of beautiful fractaline snake things in my head atm
WishDoctor is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:27 PM #9
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud of
Personally, I make a Green Dragon tincture (ethanol wash) and mix 1:1 with coconut oil. Heat on a double boiler until the alcohol is gone and bubbling stops (decarb).

I do like the cleaning step though. It's similar to using hexane/water washes to clean up extracts.
ReikoX is offline Quote

Old 03-10-2018, 03:30 PM #10
Betteradvise

Thank you wishdoctor. I forgot to mention that the lecithin used was sunflower lecithin which can be found on Amazon.