What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis related Stocks?

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
As the momentum grows for MJ acceptance here in the US I have started to pay MJ related stocks more and more attention. I enjoy investing in the market and I enjoy a smoke or two, so maybe I can make a $. Anyone else? ~ 190

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm shorting Medbox (MDBX) on their (cough) interesting financials, l ..on another interesting investment-----> went long the "BitCoin Shop" TUCND.....

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Im interested in hemp fields. Hemp can be refined to produce gasoline and energy. We all know the monetary potential in that respect. Its a matter of time before Colorado comes up with a producer, unless of course BP has already seized it like they have done around the world. The world elites will try and create some energy crisis to delay the inevitable of renewable energy.

Last edited:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would be interested in hearing if anyone is successful in selling any of these stocks after they've run up.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not me till the fed legalizes. If I won stock in a MJ company does that make me liable? lol

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
I bought CBIS awhile back on a short sale a little before 4/20/2013 ;).... Been holding it for almost a year now.. ever since Colorado MJ went recreational use legal, its been going up. Ive got a return of around 23% on that stock. I think I'll hold for a bit longer.

Its a pink sheet stock/penny stock so its pretty cheap... one bad thing is that it seems like the value kinds swings a bit.. mebby its been pumped and dumped a few times?.. dunno.

I dunno, its not a star performer.. 2013/2014 has been fairly good for stocks. CBIS is kinda so-so in comparison to my other conventional stocks. But if I sell today I'll make a little bit of money from it.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
funny I've owned CBIS for over a year, it's been a loser..but my total investment is like $140.00 lol...it's cheap.now my FB I bought at 25 has made me literally THOUSANDS $$$$$$$$$$$$$

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
I'm showing modest gains from cbis.. Not a great performer. I think I got for the novelty..

Yeah I bought fb at the ipo, and could hardly get my order through.. Mebby that was a good thing? Waited and bought in late 2012. It was so cheap... :) . ONe of my better picks fo sho.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I remember when AAPL was a in the mid $20's......everyone thought they were dead as in "put a fork in them"

Just think what $10K worth of AAPL would be worth if you bought it like at $25 buck (sound of head hitting wall) :wallbash:

audiohi

Veteran
Some of my favorites that have done very well are MCIG, PHOT, CANN, FITX, and TRTC. There are a good 40-50 others... But I'm looking forward to what's coming now that this first wave has cooled down a bit.

audiohi

Veteran
There's a good consolidation going on at the moment if anyones been on the fence about jumping in.

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Where would a competent forward thinking individual go to learn more about getting into trading stocks on an amateur level? It's something I've always been fascinated with, but never got into. Would be nice if anyone had a link they could post. :thank you:

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Hi Elements.....was going to point you to investopedia.com but when I went there to copy the link a lot has changed since last time I used it.....didn't seem as user friendly anymore.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
i just keep filling my POT portfolio with these stocks...so far not doing too bad...but i figure if i buy enough of these companies, 1 or 2 of them willbe the GOOGLE and MICROSOFT of the pot world

I recommend

TRTC
ENRT
EDXC
PHOT
ATTBF
GWPRF
NVLX

that's just to start

Good luck all