What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help me identify sex if possible...

Hey guys Im about to start on a 12/12 photoperiod and I need help identifying male plants if possible. They are starting to show preflowers and Im pretty sure z9 is female because of the two little hairs sticking out of the preflower (which is great cause its the biggest healthiest plant in the bunch) anyways, here are some photos I took. Any help on indentification on any of these would be great!

Z6
picture.php

Z5
picture.php

Z4
picture.php

Z2
picture.php

Z1
picture.php

If anyone can help me on this today...

If anyone can help me on this today...

I would really appreciate it. Im a little low on space now that these plants are ready to flower and if I can identify any males with 100% certainty, I would lke to remove them today

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
hairs mean girls however since this is the first run of them I would always keep an eye out for male/female traits in all of them to cull the hermie tendencies that could be there. Anytime I do a seed grow I tend to focus alot on looking the plants up and down daily so IF a hermie issue shows itself I can fix it within a 24 hour period because give a male or hermie a week and alot of damage can be done.

you will see hairs for your girls and balls for boys and banana looking things for the cross dressers

S

Space Ghost

z6,5... not sure z4 is male and the rest of the lot look female z1 could be male

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It look like you have more males then females. they will tell you soon enough. 4-6 weeks veg you will know what the sex is on all of them..

z6,z5.z4,z2,z1 All look male to me..

Z7,Z8,Z9 Look more female to me..

Hey Ill take 3/9 right now. This batch here is bagseed and just Im just growing them to test my new room while I await my seeds. I took 7 clones of z9 in case its a female then I can throw some more in to flower while I await my good genetics. Who knows? Maybe I will luck out and get some killer bud to finance the rest of my room. Thanks for the input.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
some of the most fun grows came from bag seed because it is christmas everytime you pop one and who knows what will come of it.

sso

Veteran
..id wait a day or 3 on them.

though some look sorta like one or the other, it´d be a shame to cull a female for a male.

castout

Veteran
z 4 is a male, z 9 is a female, and the others I can't tell yet....give them a few more days, then post pics agin....good luck!!!!

Ive taken clones of the possible females, just in case. On the one that has hairs coming out, Im banking on it being a female so I took 7 clones off that plant. I named the one female Large Marge because of the massive fan leaves. Once I can sex them for sure, I will elimate the male clones and start vegging the females. Wish me luck this stuff is way more complicated than one might think!

OH grower

the more you do it the more you learn. its a neverending learning prosess. once you get your skills better you can do 2LB per 1000W like me.

Latest posts

Latest posts