What's new

Fucking Irresponsible Dog Owners...

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toughmudderdave

So I guess I'm gonna call the Sheriff's Dept tomorrow. Why? I was bitten by a fucking dog.

It started out a damn nice day. Good weather, so I took advantage of it for an 8 mile run around the lake. During my run I get attacked not once, but TWICE, by UNLEASHED dogs!

First occurrence was around 3 miles when 2 very wet and muddy UNLEASHED dogs approach me with their owners behind. They proceed to pounce on me wanting to play. I get clawed, muddied, while I'm trying to tell their irresponsible owners to LEASH THEIR FUCKING DOGS AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!

They proceed to maul me/muddy me/claw me for a bit until their losers get them under control.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!!

Around mile 5, I get passed by a driver in a van. About 1/4 mile further up the road I see the unoccupied van and the driver, with his German Shepard further up the road. I continue my run and as I approach, before I know it...The dog has his teeth on my right hand. I grab it's muzzle and put it to the ground while the owner leashes the fucking mutt. I shout "Why don't you have that FUCKING DOG LEASHED?" His retort? "You didn't give me enough time."

Whu? Like it's my responsibility? I don't think so. I gave him "The Look" and he understood I meant business and immediately became apologetic. I asked for his vets info and he gave it, but I'm calling the Sheriff's Dept so they pay him a visit. What if this dog got hold of a child, ya know?

What a day. At least I finished my run though...blood and all. Heh.

T

toughmudderdave

Interesting that somebody gives me a negative rep for wanting to report an irresponsible dog owner that could have the potential to maul/kill a child. Interestingly enough, I wasn't going to report him until Seamaiden, and others, suggested I do so. Haters gonna hate I suppose.

T

ThirstyKenny

Would have thought a tough mudder like you Dave would have bitten it back. At least stop jogging with the raw steaks in your pocket :D

Nah, jokes aside, it sucks that humans can be so irresponsible. Hope ya didn't get chewed too bad man.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

some folks think we should never even talk to cops, never mind make a complaint, w/age comes experience and maturity, they'll hopefully understand one day. carry some bear mace, it's tough shit & you'll likely have to use it on the dogs owner if he/she comes unhinged on you as well. :)

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dave, I don't have much use for people that don't have control over their dogs, but if you are running in a remote area you are going to find that is where people are taking their dogs so they can unleash them. There are hundreds of thousands of acres behind my house that is all fire roads, etc, no pavement, no houses. I let my dog run loose back there, and hook him up when I see someone coming (as do most people that use the area). If those people were running, there would undoubtedly be times that they came up on us before I could leash him. Of course, this handsome fellow on the left would only want to play with you.

Sorry to hear that you were bitten.

T

toughmudderdave

Would have thought a tough mudder like you Dave would have bitten it back. At least stop jogging with the raw steaks in your pocket :D

Nah, jokes aside, it sucks that humans can be so irresponsible. Hope ya didn't get chewed too bad man.

I'm OK. I don't blame the dog. I blame the owner and I "bit" him and he submitted. The dog could've done worse but just got my hand when I pried it off and put it down on the ground. I strive for nonviolence nowadays. I was pissed at the owner and my "former self" probably would've done more...but that isn't a good option any more...ya know?

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
That sucks bruz you got chewed on by the idiot's dog/s :yoinks:
If you got the license plate of the van owner, I would take photos with today's date on it of your injuries then make your complaint mate, nothing worse than being attacked by a dog that the owner didn't or has no control over, like you said what if it was a kid or a bunch of kids that the dogs attacked :nono:
I'm a DOG LOVER but I would report the attacks, it's not the dogs fault it's the bloody owners, and wash those bites mate, infection is now a serious threat to you.

T

toughmudderdave

Dave, I don't have much use for people that don't have control over their dogs, but if you are running in a remote area you are going to find that is where people are taking their dogs so they can unleash them. There are hundreds of thousands of acres behind my house that is all fire roads, etc, no pavement, no houses. I let my dog run loose back there, and hook him up when I see someone coming (as do most people that use the area). If those people were running, there would undoubtedly be times that they came up on us before I could leash him. Of course, this handsome fellow on the left would only want to play with you.

Sorry to hear that you were bitten.

Understood...And I've made this run many times and have crossed paths with unleashed dogs. Today was the first time that I was..."hindered"???

I didn't initially want to call, but I see many children running/walking/riding this lake with their parents too. I was able to handle the dog...An 8 year old...not so much, right?

L

LouDog420

Sorry about your hand homie! Ya know it sucks and the owner certainly didn't handle it properly... He was clearly in the wrong and should have been more apologetic and concerned with your health.

BUT...

Dogs are prey driven, and if you're running, I see that shepard running and chasing on instinct... Seeing the dog unleashed, I'd be slowing down my run and keeping an eye on the dog, so I'm not surprised by an attack. How he surprised you to get hold of your hand, I'm not too sure, as I'm clearly not privy to all the info, but it's certainly a judgement call, and I wouldn't be making any call, unless the dog was vicious, but that's not what it sounds like if you were able to easily flip him and get him off...

Ya, the owner should take responsibility, but I would hate to see the dog put down cause the owner wasn't responsible and you wanted to put a call into the sheriff... If it wasn't handled there, and you're hands fine, I'd let it go... Otherwise I'd make it a civil matter if you're injured, since you have his info... Just my .02...

Oh ya, fuck the police...

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
picture.php

T

ThirstyKenny

Be sure to get a pic of yourself running with the cattle prod to put in the funny pics thread. Preferably in the rain ;) :D

T

Tjsleaf_1817

Ya, the owner should take responsibility, but I would hate to see the dog put down cause the owner wasn't responsible and you wanted to put a call into the sheriff... If it wasn't handled there, and you're hands fine, I'd let it go... Otherwise I'd make it a civil matter if you're injured, since you have his info... Just my .02...

Oh ya, fuck the police...

I def. agree. As an animal lover I'd hate to see to dog get euthanized bcuz the F*ktard owner. Hopefully it gave the owner a scare enough into being more responsible.

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dogs pick up negative energy from people. I usually find that people with calm well intentioned energy get along fine with dogs. Often people who get attacked show a sense of unsureness which makes a dog confused and can lead to aggression.
I know it sucks getting bit,but it's a real dick move to involve the cops. You could really fuck up that persons life.
I raised my dog off leash and he sometimes runs up to people in the forest or on the beach. Anyone who is cool with dogs usually smiles,people who are naturally nervous around dogs sometimes flinch and it can lead to him barking or jumping up on someone.
Either way please think about what your doing before calling the cops. Handle your own shit.
Imagine if someone had their dog taken away because of you. Dogs are no different than another family member.
Neg karma for sure.

T

ThirstyKenny

I'm of same mind about calling the cops. Having said that, if it were my child who got bitten.....tricky one....what would one do?

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
my thought is if your dog cant be trusted off the leash, keep it leashed. i had a pit bull that i raised off leash. we lived directly across the street from a elementary school. every once in awhile after school kids would run up on her in our yard and start playing with her, never an incident. after awhile this led to her watching the kids play from our yards edge. never once did she leave our property though i could tell she really wanted to join their kickball games.

sorry bout your hand dave (its been a tough year for your appendages), glad you had the sense to put the dog down and take control. some people just cower in those situations and let the attack continue.

T

THE PABLOS

So I guess I'm gonna call the Sheriff's Dept tomorrow. Why? I was bitten by a fucking dog.

It started out a damn nice day. Good weather, so I took advantage of it for an 8 mile run around the lake. During my run I get attacked not once, but TWICE, by UNLEASHED dogs!

First occurrence was around 3 miles when 2 very wet and muddy UNLEASHED dogs approach me with their owners behind. They proceed to pounce on me wanting to play. I get clawed, muddied, while I'm trying to tell their irresponsible owners to LEASH THEIR FUCKING DOGS AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!

They proceed to maul me/muddy me/claw me for a bit until their losers get them under control.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!!

Around mile 5, I get passed by a driver in a van. About 1/4 mile further up the road I see the unoccupied van and the driver, with his German Shepard further up the road. I continue my run and as I approach, before I know it...The dog has his teeth on my right hand. I grab it's muzzle and put it to the ground while the owner leashes the fucking mutt. I shout "Why don't you have that FUCKING DOG LEASHED?" His retort? "You didn't give me enough time."

Whu? Like it's my responsibility? I don't think so. I gave him "The Look" and he understood I meant business and immediately became apologetic. I asked for his vets info and he gave it, but I'm calling the Sheriff's Dept so they pay him a visit. What if this dog got hold of a child, ya know?

What a day. At least I finished my run though...blood and all. Heh.

That's why I run with a "hush puppy": end of a shovel handle. Fucking dogs on the trail...very serious shit. I'll bash the fuck out of one..sucks getting attacked. Sucks even being threatened with attack. No quarter...no mercy...end of the dog if I get bit. I don't run away....I face...and let them come in. Feed them an arm..club to kill

S

Seal-Clubber

I`ve shot a couple of dogs which attacked me while hiking. The police wont care so long as no humans are hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts