What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr Greenthumb trustworty ?

hamstring

Veteran
I'm sure hamstring could verify the auto affie/Iranian debate
I think he was a udg member back then

I did hang out at UDG when Rebsi was running his thread on his auto. This wasn't a true auto ( clone only strain). Under 22-24hrs of light you could could hold it in veg. and unlike most of the autos of the time this was a tight node high potency strain.

Rebsi was growing outdoors on peat bogs or something like that . There was water just 12" below the surface. It was cool he was starting everything from a small cabin I think. I am sure many of my details are inaccurate but Rebsi was very innovative dude . He was a special grower.

Rebsi had been looking for a way to market what he thought, and was, a special strain.

Thats as far as I can go. I have heard many things and I will admit pics of the Doc's Iranian auto look very similar to Rebsi gear. I dont know if Rebsi and Doc worked out a equitable deal. I'm not trying to be coy i really dont know that side of the story. Just rumors.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did hang out at UDG when Rebsi was running his thread on his auto. This wasn't a true auto. Under 22-24hrs of light you could could hold it in veg. and unlike most of the autos of the time this was a tight node high potency strain.
Rebsi was growing outdoors on peat bogs or something like that . There was water just 12" below the surface. It was cool he was starting everything from a small cabin I think. I am sure many of my details are inaccurate but Rebsi was very innovative .

Rebsi had been looking for a way to market what he thought, and was, a special strain.

Thats as far as I can go. I have heard many things and I will admit pics of the Doc's Iranian auto look very similar to Rebsi gear. I dont know if Rebsi and Doc worked out a equitable deal. I'm not trying to be coy i really dont know that side of the story. Just rumors.

Go:skiiing:cool!

clearheaded

about corvets etc.. built for littleman syndrome no doubt

where does one come across rebsi gear? the iranian auto always interested me but never got around to trying it and think was 120 for 5 pack or something back then from dr gt.

HAZENACIOUS

He’s neurotic as fuck.

That being said most growers I’ve met are to some degree so take it with a grain of salt. I’ve ordered twice throughout the years. Both for hype drops of his, g13 and Iranian respectively. I don’t know how his day to day customer service is but I received both shipments without much issue.

It’s been some years since those initial releases. So maybe he’s gotten a bit worse or better I’m not sure.
Hi Jet,
I always wondered about his G13, I remember around when Nevil was posting like a decade ago he said he thought it was more or less legit, something about a G13 Hawaiian or something? I don't remember but I think Dr Greenthumb paid huge money for the cut, from a legitimate source? I remember the seeds were supposed to be massive yielders. I have always wondered about this.

What do you think? Is Dr Greenthumb's G-13 a massive yielder like he was saying?

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Hi Jet,
I always wondered about his G13, I remember around when Nevil was posting like a decade ago he said he thought it was more or less legit, something about a G13 Hawaiian or something? I don't remember but I think Dr Greenthumb paid huge money for the cut, from a legitimate source? I remember the seeds were supposed to be massive yielders. I have always wondered about this.

What do you think? Is Dr Greenthumb's G-13 a massive yielder like he was saying?

Nevil gave Jim Ortega a cut of his original G13, many years later Jim Ortega was going thru some financial problems and sold a cut to... Dr Greenthumb.

I would say its legitimate AF.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
What a Crock!!
The veteran udg member reibsi got given the auto affie cut and brownthumb got a hold of it,reversed it,made seeds and renamed it Iranian short season...how do I know this? Cause I had the auto affie cut and grew it side by side and they are identical!!!as well as many conversations with udg members including reibsi about it
Greenthumb also had constant spammers on all the forums hyping all his strains,they were so transparent,every post was hyping greenthumb a strains...biggybuds was one...I assume they were all greenthumb himself
The man has been caught in many lies so don't go saying he's legit cause he's a liar and not to be trusted.....

so, mr yahooman, specifically which part of my statement is a "crock"?

are you saying that i did not have these experiences with dr greenthumb seeds?

i most assuredly did purchase and grow all the strains mentioned above. and i am very happy with his genetics.

the carnage plant i have right now i can't grow fast enough to satisfy demand. queso negro from jim ortega crossed with the og kush. unbelievable first hit. smooth and potent. everyone loves it.

but i guess it's somehow bogus and not worth anything because drgt sold it?

i'm trying to reduce my picture load on this forum as they won't let me post any more pics unless i clear some of the old ones.

when i do i will put up some pics of some of his plants i have grown.

coming at you! d9

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I grew a clone of dr. Greenthumbs g13. So it does not say what other phenos may pop up. It was super easy to get a great yield. And next to impossible to pull better that a C- quality out of. And that is being generous.

Made some good nighty night edibles though.

hamstring

Veteran
Hey Delta

I had Carnage on my my short list of the 8 strains from Doc I was considering. Can you tell me more about the high in particular. I'm a potency first smoker and I am looking for a heavy hitter in my garden. Would you recommend a different strain?

i most assuredly did purchase and grow all the strains mentioned above. and i am very happy with his genetics.

the carnage plant i have right now i can't grow fast enough to satisfy demand. queso negro from jim ortega crossed with the og kush. unbelievable first hit. smooth and potent. everyone loves it.

i'm trying to reduce my picture load on this forum as they won't let me post any more pics unless i clear some of the old ones.

coming at you! d9

yahooman

I'm saying it's a crock when u say he's honest,cause he was not honest about the auto affie
I just wouldn't buy genetics off a guy who pulls that shit
I have heard great reviews on a few of his strains,but I don't trust or respect the guy at all and I don't deal with people like that
I'll stick with archive or bodhi

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
I grew a clone of dr. Greenthumbs g13. So it does not say what other phenos may pop up. It was super easy to get a great yield. And next to impossible to pull better that a C- quality out of. And that is being generous.

Made some good nighty night edibles though.

yep, a great big, heavy yielding plant, but bland high and not much flavor. did get you good and high. i mean you know you have smoked weed and gotten a decent buzz, but that's about it.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Hey Delta

I had Carnage on my my short list of the 8 strains from Doc I was considering. Can you tell me more about the high in particular. I'm a potency first smoker and I am looking for a heavy hitter in my garden. Would you recommend a different strain?

carnage is a great plant. dense, hard nugs, very potent. everyone really likes it. no one is indifferent or says they don't like the flavor.

earthy, musky, almost clove or allspice, incense. no candy or fruit or perfume.

i've got carnage now and am just about to order wi-fi og and turkish cookies, neither of which i've grown before, and jazz, which i have grown and is a very energetic sativa leaning plant.

editing to comment on the high as requested. carnage has an uplifting, clearheaded start with only one or two small hits. stress and pain relieving. but then it turns into a relaxing, pleasant buzz that will last for hours. at 70 i have a lot of muscle and joint pain and a bowl in the morning is good till noon if i'm working.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
I'm saying it's a crock when u say he's honest,cause he was not honest about the auto affie
I just wouldn't buy genetics off a guy who pulls that shit
I have heard great reviews on a few of his strains,but I don't trust or respect the guy at all and I don't deal with people like that
I'll stick with archive or bodhi

well you know i'm not trying to start any shit but he's been honest with me and until he proves otherwise i'm going to take him at his word.

repeating unsubstantiated rumors and vague stories that can never be resolved is a rather fruitless pursuit that i try not to engage in.

but i have looked at the fan leaves of plants that were purported to be the ones in question and it looks to me that although they are very similar looking in overall structure the fan leaves show marked differences. just an educated guess.

later

yahooman

I'm not arguing either
I know the facts,like I said I grew them side by side....
And Im far from being a newb
This greenthumb contraversy has been going on for years

Why don't u ask a big legit breeder what they think of greenthumb,,,he's a joke in the industry,no breeder worth their salt respects him at all

yahooman

It's funny though how greenthumb acquired the aa cut then 8 months later hes selling Iranian short season seeds that just happen to be identical to the aa cut

HAZENACIOUS

coming at you! d9
Lol! Would love to see them,
WTF is up with these haters?
Who the hell buys seedstock based on the temperament of the seller?

Goddamn you know what I had to go through back in the day to get seedstock? If you really trying to get your hands on a certain stock and you ask to many questions and get hung up on? Wait a day or 2 call back and don't say shit this time. BFD.
I never grew Dr. Greenthumb seeds, but he has been around for ever, maybe he's got shills, but most of the peeps I see hyping his shit are serious growers just look at the pics.

Sounds to me like a bunch of snow flakes need to order up some therapy along with their seeds.

yahooman

I couldn't care about his temperment,it's his character
And I never said anything about his other strains,I just won't buy from someone who is known to lie

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The very first strain I bought was ... 200 seeds of Dr. Greenthumbs >>> Niagara .... did not perform well ...it took a long time to come ..I sent the money upfront
and once he had my $ he was shady about the entire deal ...This was in the mid-1990s so go figure...Then he went on to become very popular? ...I remember getting the plastic box all taped up And packed with white premature seeds

Last edited:

yahooman

What most of you don't know is he tried to sell the business, maybe 1-2 years ago. Long story short it never happened and I think that kind of soured him even more. He's not a people person, he just wants your money. Ask him more than a simple question or two and his patience will be tried. I've read reports that he's hung up on people asking simple questions about strains. Go to RIU, look for Dr. Gruber and read all his reviews on many strains- he's a solid grower who has done many of the strains and you can read very detailed grow reports on everything mentioned in this thread. By the way, his favorite strain is Turkish Cookies, which happens to be on sale right now. Also check out his NEW Hash Plant strain, also worth a grow with a heavy yield.

Lol

Ring ring..."hey Dr greenthumb I'm interested in possibly buying your seed business...can I ask you a few questions?"
CLICK
"Hello?"
Lmao