What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMag Still Alive After All These Years!

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Phoebe Cate, truth be told.

Wait was that open to everyone or just the guy with a chip on his shoulder?

And whatever happened to Hillary from Fresh Prince? Haven't seen her since Major Payne.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Karyn Parsons=Hillary from The Fresh Prince of Beverly Hills. A Stone Fox.
f4064bfb0afeb7d91c2b49321dbfafbc.jpg

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Phoebe Cate, truth be told.

Wait was that open to everyone or just the guy with a chip on his shoulder?

And whatever happened to Hillary from Fresh Prince? Haven't seen her since Major Payne.

Haha Yes.....Phoebe Cates, I completely understand. It seems there's a special place in the minds of a lot guys my age.

I'm guessing I'm just a little older than you because although I do remember Hillary I was chasing 3 dimensional girls by then. She would have prob been in rotation otherwise, I'm sure!!lol

A

acridlab

i dunno bout that,, he called her a stone fox.. unless were getting so old,, old shit like that made a full circle and its a common saying now… hmmmm

EastFortRock

I think the availability of seeds local here in a legal state made people buy less seeds from Europe. I just want to know what happened to Backcountry and FastPine.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I think the availability of seeds local here in a legal state made people buy less seeds from Europe. I just want to know what happened to Backcountry and FastPine.

This has been mentioned before.

I see ICMag as a separate thing altogether.

The increased availabllity of seeds has been the deal since day 1. It was inevitable that options would become avail in the states. The bay and boutique are still options though. There's a lot of people lookin to buy seeds and they arent all in America so It's hard for me to speak on it too matter of factly.

I've purchased seeds from seedbou recently and they got to me in a timely manor just like they always have before.

ICMag is SOOO much more than that though. At least it is to me. If I thought this place was here to just sell me seeds I would be too embarrassed to even type these words your reading now.

What I do think about is how long this place has been around. I think of all the great growers whos posts I spent a lot of time studying that have passed over the years.

How some of our senior members are getting up there in age who's posts I would miss.

I think these things because they were old on Overgrow!!!haha

I'm still the same age'n shit so there's no need for anyone to worry about me not manning ye old keyboard anytime soon! I'm just coming out of my shell.teehee

Seriously though... someone said this earlier, that the quality of the posts may have improved if it is that the decline is from people posting about buying seeds, or growing weed but really weren't into it. I totally agree.

This site is about growing seeds into beautiful plants. Cloning those plants. Breeding those plants to create more seeds and back around again, with a dash of "everything in between".

Found bag seeds or seeds it's sister sites don't carry. Those retailers won't help you grow seeds they don't carry.

This is the only grow site I would recommend.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Hey what's age got to do with it?

I miss Britney and Lindsay Lohan too.

It just might be that I also miss Brigitte Bardot.

:bigeye:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Oh, I'm extra old, but I also read a lot too. :biggrin:

Gotta keep reading, it broadens the mind, as long as you haven't maxed out your cerebral hard-drive, and there is still room for more knowledge...

I'm getting old too man....60 in 3 years.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Gotta keep reading, it broadens the mind, as long as you haven't maxed out your cerebral hard-drive, and there is still room for more knowledge...

I'm getting old too man....60 in 3 years.

Yeah me to. 60 in 3 years. 60's and 70's were a great time to grow up. Until that fucking disco and rap shit replaced what used to be known as music.
As far as me, I'm getting older and cranky. My patience isn't very long. Pics are a pain to load. I just got on Instagram a while back and post a few pics there from time to time. I;ve been having some serious pain levels for the past 8-10 months so I don't post as much as I used to. But I do log on and read new things most days. so I don't
Banning you say? I've seen members who deserved it and members who didn't. But that's what you get when people are involved. Like my sig line says "Absolute power corrupts absolutely, even on a canna board" It is what it is. There should be some kind of grievance type process for banning. Let both sides hash it out instead of a mod that may be having a bad day. Shit happens. But then again I don't pay the bills here so not my decision on how to run the site.
Back to IG-Great place to see pics and catch up with old friends, etc. Not so great to find grow info. People just don't have the time or patience for 100 questions from newbies on there with exceptions of some of course.
And the "breeders" on there. Oh my freaking God!! I got a tent and I'm breeding all the latest shit with reversed shit and it's the greatest untested shit ever. Seriously it some dankified fire shit bros!!! Send me 150.00-200.00 for my shit and I'll get your fire shit out to ya. Never seen so many closet hacking fuckers in my life. Call em on the littlest thing and you're a motherfucker to be all motherfuckers. It's funny really.
Of course there are some good ones there that take their work serious and have for a very long time.
Like I said, I'm here just not as active.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
IMO...the common denominator of many people "banned" is "senseless intolerance".

The "holier than though" attitude that many "organic fanatics" displayed a few years ago in the ROLS, NoTill, Living Soil forums did cause a rush to the exit door. Not saying that everyone that grows that style is "intolerant", just saying saying when a particular gardening philosophy is based on "me right...you wrong", then you do reap what you sew. Being cocky does not make one "right".

To ignore the politics of the past election is impossible, but to suggest every ailment, problem, disease, or infliction known to man is due to a single man in Washington DC...is well, rather childish. That is like blaming the Sun for your sunburn...or blaming pencils for misspelled words...or blaming your car for traffic tickets. IMO, those that blame others for their problems...are ignoring the real problem....themselves.

If we respected the "passionate opinions" of others--then IMO, two things will occur: 1) Respect of other opinions is something that you learn and requires practice--the more you practice, the more you "learn". 2) No one person has a monopoly of "righteous ideas". Sometimes...your idea + my idea = better idea. If I did not "listen"...then I probably would not "know". Debate facts...respect opinions.

Said differently, I learn more things from discussions with people outside my "echo chamber"...than I do having discussions with people that "mirror my ideals". The term "sheeple" comes to mind...and contrast that with the ideals of a "free thinker".

Is ICMag dead? No, it is maturing. Which means the old strategy of growth is no longer applicable--perhaps the strategy of "sustainability" is more applicable now.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
TLDR.

Not sure what the issue is. If you're here to ask the question is IC alive, I'd say you've proven the point that it is.
There have always been people coming and going here at the mag.
If folks left because they found a new internet love, well that's the way of the web.
One thing that certainly WON'T change is that IC is an invaluable resource for both socializing and for education.
I've learned so many things I couldn't even begin to recount them all.
I've met some of the best friends and colleagues a guy could want (some better than my own family to me).

What else could you ask for? It's free, and available 24 hrs a day. Chat room, social area...main forums. You can buy seeds to boot!!!

One could complain, but why bother? Because someone took down your post, or you got binned for a few days because you're saucy?

I'd say there are plenty enough drugs in the world to correct that without losing your mind.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinions...but don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

W

Water-

the landrace section is invaluable

i think the fact that everything that we type into the computer is being stored on a government database, does not inspire people to self incriminate.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
picture.php

bullshit aside...
said it before and will say it again icmag needs a privacy/comsec subforum.

the next generation of icmaggets will only crawl out if they feel safe, internets changed, its not the anon wonderland it use to be.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Instagram is not compendium of knowledge. It's a flash in the pan for social media junkies. If you don't think so, go ask Facebook. It'll eventually be replaced by whatever new idiot app comes out next to entertain and waste epic amounts of time.

IC is for the serious grower or smoker....period. Only hardcore mofos reside here.