What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tom Hill Haze

P

pangolin

Beauties elanius, lovely job with these. Interested in the short/compact 'fast' finisher you posted above, I remember Hazy Lady's thread where she found a male equivalent she dubbed 'shorty' so these must not be too rare within this line.

Be glad to hear any further thoughts you have on any of these Hazes as you go along.

Only disappointment in reading this thread is having to find/scrape some spare cash to get a pack or 2. :chin:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Those plants look really great Elanius :)! Those leaves are kinda wide looking though. The Seedsman Original Haze grow reports that I have seen have thinner leaves than this Tom Hills Haze. Could this be because of the differences in selection between the two breeders? Maybe it is because Sam Skunkman selected towards the longer flowering, thin leaf, green/ Gold Haze phenotype? And because Tom Hill didn't select for just one specific terpene/ color/ effect like Sam Skunkman did?

KK

according to info from Sam the Skunkman he tried to preserve as many phenos as possible, i read that his sacred seeds offered 4 different lines in 1981, and some very long flowering haze variety called new year´s haze :D

on the other side Wernard from positronics got cut of original haze called haze19 along with oh seeds from Sam. so Positronics made more narrow selection prolly, or just used haze19 cut as mother for their "original haze" seeds. i saw many resemblances between haze19xskunk from them and some phenos of tom hill haze. we all know tom hill got it from positronics around 1993. and made his own special selection...

:tiphat:

edit:

I have not worked Original Haze as much as tried to save it, I collected as much seed as I could in the early 70's grew them and did free pollinations and did minimal selection to ensure I saved as many genes as I could. That was in the 70's & 80's now I have clones for the last 20 years. My O Haze is not done being worked on that is why I tell people to use it as breeding materials.

-SamS

I knew Wernard from 1984 he got seeds and Haze 19 as he called it from me.

-SamS

Last edited:

Kush_Kloud

Thank you for the helpful information Maha Kala :). That new year's Haze sounds interesting, I wonder what ever happened to this special Haze Selection. Do you have any vintage photos of articles that mention the 4 different lines that the Sacred Seed company was offering for sale? Also do you have vintage pictures of an article with the New year Haze description on it Maha Kala?

KK

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
hi Kush Kloud, nope i don't have. i just read it in one of those haze threads. as its the always thing to discuss here at internet if tom hill´s haze is pure haze :D

elanius

Veteran
Toms Haze #16

Toms Haze #16

This is another impressive phenotype from Toms Hazes, she has this freaky fox-tailing bud structure. A chain of big calyxes growing in every direction out of the main colas. The calyxes are heavily frosted with big trichome glands and intoxicating aromatics. They are giving a smell reminiscent of sweet musky pine and lime with that mango and metallic element in the background. While flowering she is deceiving in its looks. Those big calyxes make it seem like shes being close to maturity in 60 days of flower, but she continues to grow and stretch seemingly forever. Some of the trichs turned amber in 15 weeks of flower, so this was the time to put her down to eternal rest.
The taste is just lovely mix of sweet pine and mango, very pronounced.
The smoke is one of the most potent out of the Hazes, very euphoric, senses are elevated to another level, she creates the situations of mesmerized curiosity about sounds and visuals. Catching myself trying to identify a sound coming out of the window, that seems very far, yet uncommonly loud in my ear. As the high wear of, i feel pleasantly tired but it goes away eventually, definitely no trace of indica in the high and she does not trigger anxiety.
As a bonus, she leaves nice aroma in the air, reminding me of burned pine resin.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

too-dope

This is another impressive phenotype from Toms Hazes, she has this freaky fox-tailing bud structure. A chain of big calyxes growing in every direction out of the main colas. The calyxes are heavily frosted with big trichome glands and intoxicating aromatics. They are giving a smell reminiscent of sweet musky pine and lime with that mango and metallic element in the background. While flowering she is deceiving in its looks. Those big calyxes make it seem like shes being close to maturity in 60 days of flower, but she continues to grow and stretch seemingly forever. Some of the trichs turned amber in 15 weeks of flower, so this was the time to put her down to eternal rest.
The smoke is one of the most potent out of the Hazes, very euphoric, senses are elevated to another level, she creates the situations of mesmerized curiosity about sounds and visuals. Catching myself trying to identify a sound coming out of the window, that seems very far, yet uncommonly loud in my ear. As the high wear of, i feel pleasantly tired but it goes away eventually, definitely no trace of indica in the high and she does not trigger anxiety.
As a bonus, she leaves nice aroma in the air, reminding me of burned pine resin.
View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Exquisite plant. The world needs more of the positive/stimulating effects found in a good haze expression.

Spaventa

Veteran
Elanius I have a Nevilles Haze that grows almost identical to that. She's a different shade, more light green but the buds are exactly like yours - almost like wheat! Some would but Im not keeping her (after something very specific) but she's not bad smoke while the jar lasts.

This Tom Hill gear may be what Im looking for. So many avenues and so little time!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Pictures of the year material right there. Super nice man !

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Anyone find that 'acid pheno'? I guess they would have mentioned it. The plants look great, no doubt pure sativas.

well this is controversial theme a little bit. but i can assure you there is acid pheno. its not only very psychedelic in effect, but also it smells and taste very acidic. and it has no color, even under cold temps. strictly green.
picture.php

elanius

Veteran
Thanks all for the kind words :) Well regarding the acid pheno, i just dont want to create hype because the effects are still subjective, but you know, when i am high on the H16, suddenly hear bells and weird voices outside of the window and i just dont know and cannot understand if its in my head or really there, that i would say its trippy :D I am often totally stuck on music, almost unable to move, because im just hypnotized by it.
There is still pheno 25 that i didnt show yet, my n1 favorite Haze. In low doses she is like Ecstasy for me, in high doses she will fuck you up. I once felt like im glowing, if that makes any sense...I have never seen my cousin sign while riding a bike outside in crowd of people, what the hell. My other friend was silent for almost 3 hours just from 2 toke out of the joint. I myself was afraid to buy a beer once, felt like an alien species between all those normal humans. That didnt happen to me since my teens :D and it was not just me that day, i could see everyone being afraid of social interaction with non-affected creatures. Still this is from just a few tokes out of the joint.

Mahakala, nice! The bud structure looks very similar to one of mine plants. I will look for the pic later

herbgreen

Veteran
Sounds like something out of the Philip K Dick novel "A Scanner Darkley"

You have absorbed substance D....

Oaxacan

Thanks for sharing this with us... absolutely amazing looking flowerformations and phenotypic expressions.