What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Honduran; Honduran x GT, and GT

SolarLogos

I will be starting the OTH outdoors this spring, but I wanted to see how a few crosses turned out first, to see if they are worth exploring further. I love the high of Honduran, but hope to kick it up a bit, so I crossed one of my male Malawi's into one of my Honduran females. While I was thinking about that cross, it also sounded like some Thai mixed in would be nice, so I crossed a Honduran male with my GT4, Thai pheno. Lastly, I didn't have any male GT's so I crossed my Malawi stud into my GT4. I have clones of my other two GT's, so if I get a male from the GT4 cross, I will back-cross it into one of the other GT's if there is too much Malawi influence. Everything is 5 weeks from seed and flipped to 11.5/12.5 five days ago. They are doing well considering I haven't been around much lately. The last feeding was a bit much, so I'm flushing today and try to get it dialed in a bit better. Unlike my outdoors, my indoors are not organic. I use coco/perlite and use General Hydroponics Flora series.

Here are the Malawi x Honduran: The purple is not from cold, but Malawi most likely.

Has anyone done any of these crosses and how did they turn out?
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Honduran x GT

Honduran x GT

Here are the Honduran x GT:

The last one has a lot of Malawi influence. A little clawing, so a much needed flush.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

GT

GT

Here is the Malawi x GT4 (Thai pheno).

I seriously should have saved myself the trouble and just bought Honduran x Panama and some more GT seeds, but it's fun seeing the different pheno types and very educational.
Peace, God bless

S

Sertaiz

i think this is awesome, free seeds with chances for a new favorite.

i am sprouting some snowhigh lambsbreadx original haze)×(gt)

and

panama x gt, an early accidental flowering made me exactly 10 good seeds, they all came up and the panama is sucessfully vegging again. was cool

SolarLogos

i think this is awesome, free seeds with chances for a new favorite.

i am sprouting some snowhigh lambsbreadx original haze)×(gt)

and

panama x gt, an early accidental flowering made me exactly 10 good seeds, they all came up and the panama is sucessfully vegging again. was cool
Thanks for stopping by. Those crosses of yours sounds better than mine; I'm not sure which sounds better, the lambsbreadx original haze)×(gt) or the panama x gt. Are you planning to make more seeds?
Peace, God bless

S

Sertaiz

aww your sweet the honduran x panama is what tangwena is raving about, and i wish i had that but really we all have some dankity from dubi and crew!! all gonna be fire probably.

i will be making as many seeds as i can this winter season.....
have few honduran seeds coming up next to the crosses, and a tiny bit of gt pollen so will be doing what i can and labeling

edit, i am pretty sure all your crosses will be crazy, all the most powerful type they sell, with each other and honduran which is volume and happy..... gotta be good crosses.

SolarLogos

aww your sweet the honduran x panama is what tangwena is raving about, and i wish i had that but really we all have some dankity from dubi and crew!! all gonna be fire probably.

i will be making as many seeds as i can this winter season.....
have few honduran seeds coming up next to the crosses, and a tiny bit of gt pollen so will be doing what i can and labeling

edit, i am pretty sure all your crosses will be crazy, all the most powerful type they sell, with each other and honduran which is volume and happy..... gotta be good crosses.
I apologize Sertaiz, I don't know why I did not see your post before. Thank you kindly, I don't really know what I am doing, just pollen chucking, like they say around here. I love the Honduran, so I am most excited about the Malawi x Honduran.

I put my order in for:
Nevil's haze x Panama Goddess
Purple Satellite
Honduran x Panama
Panama
Nepal Jam

another order of OTH

Too many strains/crosses to grow, but too many restrictions on plant numbers. Well, time for updates.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Malawi x Honduran

Malawi x Honduran

After pulling out the males, I ended up with 3 Malawi x Honduran females, 1 Honduran x GT4 and 2 Malawi x GT4.

The Malawi x Honduran really stretched. These girls took their sweet time and this one really stretched. I found that most crosses made with Honduran lean towards Honduran, with the stretch and longer leaves. The first one vegged 4 weeks before the flip, the other two only vegged 3 weeks. All got flipped at the same time.

SolarLogos

Honduran x GT4

Honduran x GT4

I only ended up with 1 Honduran x GT4 after pulling the males. She also has that Honduran stretch and long narrow leaves.

SolarLogos

Malawi x GT4

Malawi x GT4

I ended up with 2 Malawi x GT4. Much more compact and bushier than the other crosses, but I would have expected that since both parents were quite compact and very manageable.

That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

orfeas

Veteran
Very nice array of crosses there, mate!

Now, looking at your seedlings I can't help thinking we've got at least one thing in common... hot soil that is :biggrin:

:tiphat:orfeas

SolarLogos

Very nice array of crosses there, mate!

Now, looking at your seedlings I can't help thinking we've got at least one thing in common... hot soil that is :biggrin:

:tiphat:orfeas
Hey Orfeas, thanks for stopping by and the kind comments. You're right, those little ones were a little hot, but that was all on me, not the soil (growing in coco). They really needed transplanting. Normally, when the leaves reach the edges of the pot, it tells me they need transplanting, otherwise, they get root bound and feed off the bottom shade leaves and don't really look well. I waited to transplant, hoping to minimize stretch. I should have given them a lighter feeding back then, instead of trying to over compensate. Oh well, I'm here to learn. I grew these crosses out, just for a taste. If I'm interested in any of the crosses, I will grow 20 or more seeds out and look for parents to lock down some traits. I have to say, I absolutely love growing cannabis, but making crosses and growing them out, kind of brings a whole new level of excitement to the grows. I have some other crosses going that are only 2 weeks old. None of my PCK females responded to being pinched and continued to grow in a column, with very little branching, so I crossed a green male PCK into my OE, since it was such a heavy yielder. I grew out 18 of them, posted a pic of a few nice females on here. I then took a male, which I thought had great structure and tight male flowers and back crossed it into a purple female PCK. I didn't really know what I was doing at the time. I probably should have mated two siblings from that first cross, then pollinated the purple PCK. I don't know, I'm trying to figure out the breeding process, but learning more as I go. The male I crossed into the purple PCK, I also crossed him into my GT4, the Thai leaner. I have a few of them in veg also.
Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

Hey Sol just found this thread. Kewl beans man! I too have fallen in love with pollen chucking and all the interesting expressions of our favourite plant that can be seen thru it.. you guys are all so stoked in the Honduras I'm starting to think it's a must try!

I'm placing an order for Autoflowers soon... hmmmm....

SolarLogos

Hey Sol just found this thread. Kewl beans man! I too have fallen in love with pollen chucking and all the interesting expressions of our favourite plant that can be seen thru it.. you guys are all so stoked in the Honduras I'm starting to think it's a must try!

You got that right, pollen chuckin is so much fun, to see all the different expressions that come out. I have a few I haven't mentioned yet, but I'm getting ready to flip a new cross into flower. I wanted and indica for hybrids, liked the PCK, but wanted more yield and size, less veg time, so I crossed a green PCK male into OE Viet Black pheno, since Ace said OE was their highest yielding plant. I got what I was looking for, huge spears and calyxe's, resin production, etc. I back-crossed a male into a purple PCK female. I crossed that same male into GT-4, my Thai pheno. I'm hoping for some good guys and girls to cross and stabilize some traits if I like them.
But for the most part, Tangwena and I both love our S. American strains for sure. I have always liked a good Mexican and Colombian, so Honduran was a perfect fit. I've got some standard seeds on the way, so more pollen chucking coming up:

Purple Satellite (79 Oaxacan x Pure Nepalese)
Purple Honduran x Panama Goddess
Panama
The only fems are Nevil's Haze x Panama Goddess
I'm doing OTH starting April

These will all be outdoors. I doubt I can do them all in one season as I really am trying to respect the plant limits here :laughing:
For CBD, I crossed a Royal Highness with Malawi and have 6 of them going now. I was gifted a RH clone by Royal Seeds from a friend and only had a male Malawi to keep the genetics around, so we will see how it turns out. I do want a good CBD strain and was thinking, maybe picking up some Juanita La Lagrimrosa to throw in, cross with some of my other males that come out of the above strains from Ace, who knows. I am buying some CBD tests to help select a good Malawi x Royal Highness to work with.
It's always amazing to see what new expressions you have created and assisting Mother Nature with her goal of attaining perfection.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

BTW, I would love to have that (zam/Guatemala)xZam13 stud of yours. I could think of quite a few places I would chuck some of his pollen :biggrin:
He is a killer stud for sure. Nice job!
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

We've had beautiful early spring so far and here is what I walked into out in the greenhouse.

This is where I like to have that morning coffee and joint of Honduran to start the day.
Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

I'm pretty interested in the purple satellite... my brother and I were lucky enough to score some herbs around 2004 in puerto angel on the Oaxacan coast. Looked like green stringy crap... now of course I know what that means.. LANDRACE or derivative.. we smoked a pinner and went to the moon halfway thru.. finished the doobie and we were too high to do anything but go chill in our rooms... twenty minutes later I go knock on his door to tell him I'm still getting higher and he answers with frickin stardust in his eyes saying meee tooooo man whoaaaaa..

Got some other stuff further up the coast that was similar but frosted like a Canadian windshield.. same thing. That stuff had bro shining flashlight onto path in front of me thinking I knew where to go.. I was following the light thinking he did! Got lost. Wandered thru a campground in middle of night in Mexico. Walked into barbed wire fence and spiked face a half inch below my eye.

Hella strong sneaky ass herbs man! Big time smiling and cartoonish vibe to everything too.

Your greenhouse looks great! It just warmed up around here so I'm shifting towards greenhouse renovation and seed orders and all that good shit:biggrin:
Give me a month or three and we can have morning sessions in our greenhouse jungles together! Lol I always love wondering how many other kewl people are smokin herbs and "tuning in" when I am:)

Edit: The barbed wire thing wasn't all the weeds fault.. there was also a 4L milk jug of tequila made by a four foot six Mayan lady who NEVER stopped smiling.

SolarLogos

I'm pretty interested in the purple satellite... my brother and I were lucky enough to score some herbs around 2004 in puerto angel on the Oaxacan coast. Looked like green stringy crap... now of course I know what that means.. LANDRACE or derivative.. we smoked a pinner and went to the moon halfway thru.. finished the doobie and we were too high to do anything but go chill in our rooms... twenty minutes later I go knock on his door to tell him I'm still getting higher and he answers with frickin stardust in his eyes saying meee tooooo man whoaaaaa..

Got some other stuff further up the coast that was similar but frosted like a Canadian windshield.. same thing. That stuff had bro shining flashlight onto path in front of me thinking I knew where to go.. I was following the light thinking he did! Got lost. Wandered thru a campground in middle of night in Mexico. Walked into barbed wire fence and spiked face a half inch below my eye.

Hella strong sneaky ass herbs man! Big time smiling and cartoonish vibe to everything too.

Your greenhouse looks great! It just warmed up around here so I'm shifting towards greenhouse renovation and seed orders and all that good shit:biggrin:
Give me a month or three and we can have morning sessions in our greenhouse jungles together! Lol I always love wondering how many other kewl people are smokin herbs and "tuning in" when I am:)

Edit: The barbed wire thing wasn't all the weeds fault.. there was also a 4L milk jug of tequila made by a four foot six Mayan lady who NEVER stopped smiling.
That's a great story, thanks for sharing! I am on pacific time, but ya, that would be cool to time our morning herb and get tuned in at the same time. We will have to get some of the same strains going so we can ride your terror train together, lol.
I would love to have that high again, the one you described in Mexico, I really miss those days. I've cut way back, only smoking about 3 or 4 joints a day. No more edibles (I was up to 800-1400 mg thc in Sativa edibles a day, no joking!) No more dabs, no more extracts for a while until my tolerance is back down.
I would get up at 3am to take the dog out, eat 12 or 14 edibles, 35 mg each, then go back to bed. Talk about waking up in a fog. I'll miss that :biggrin:
Peace, God bless

Latest posts

Latest posts