What's new

Is Nirvana seeds still good?

Ive read that the breeder nirvana seeds was solid back in the day for a good price too, I see their genetics are still affordable, has anyone ran them recently? how was the bud? smelly? tasty? potent? Im looking for cheap fem genetics that still has fire in there, im still in the trial and error stage of growing as im still a beginner, still ironing out my grow process, and I want something cheap to work with that still has fire in it.

bigAl25

Veteran
I've had good luck with Nirvana over the past 15 years. I've obtained really good plants out of most of their strains I have grown: AK48, Bubblelicious, Jock Horror, Raspberry Cough, Papaya, Aurora Indica. Hawaii Maui Waui was ok but only one plant. Blue mystic was ok but I was looking for the famous blueberry we all dream of, it was not quite that. Snow White did not excite me and I was slightly disappointed with it. Candy Kush was ok but not great. I have Northern lights and White widow in the freezer awaiting a new grow. The first 6 strains I mentioned gave me some great ganja, and I have grown the AK and bubblelicious 3 seperate times over the years. The Aurora Indica is a superb indica plant.

Koondense

Veteran
Got a Durban Poison fem in veg right now, solid looking plant, very healthy, quite vigorous and beautiful. Stem rub smells fresh and interesting with an old school feel. Got a few more varieties but this Durban is my first Nirvana plant, so can't say anything more.
So far I'm pretty happy, looking forward to more development.
Can say their customer service is excellent, really helpful people :)
Gotta try the Raspberry Cough one day.

Cheers

Got a Durban Poison fem in veg right now, solid looking plant, very healthy, quite vigorous and beautiful. Stem rub smells fresh and interesting with an old school feel. Got a few more varieties but this Durban is my first Nirvana plant, so can't say anything more.
So far I'm pretty happy, looking forward to more development.
Can say their customer service is excellent, really helpful people :)
Gotta try the Raspberry Cough one day.

Cheers

I don't see any durban listed for them on the tude, il probably grap a pack of power plant tho as I've heard good things about that one

I've had good luck with Nirvana over the past 15 years. I've obtained really good plants out of most of their strains I have grown: AK48, Bubblelicious, Jock Horror, Raspberry Cough, Papaya, Aurora Indica. Hawaii Maui Waui was ok but only one plant. Blue mystic was ok but I was looking for the famous blueberry we all dream of, it was not quite that. Snow White did not excite me and I was slightly disappointed with it. Candy Kush was ok but not great. I have Northern lights and White widow in the freezer awaiting a new grow. The first 6 strains I mentioned gave me some great ganja, and I have grown the AK and bubblelicious 3 seperate times over the years. The Aurora Indica is a superb indica plant.

il add a few of those to the list, sounds like theres gold to be found in nirvana genetics still.

WelderDan

Veteran
I haven't grown Nirvana gear since 2006, so I can't say if they are the same since Mau sold the company. But back then, they had some good stuff. The Afghani was good, the Master Kush was good, Blue Mystic was good, the Papaya was one of my faves and the Jock Horror was FIRE. Fucking top cola the size of a 2 liter soda bottle and so covered in trichomes it looked like it was dipped in sand. Potent a fuck, but make me paranoid.

Over all, I liked the Papaya and Master Kush best (personal preference in the buzz). There was some fire in the old stuff. Not sure it the new owners are still using Mau's genetics, but back then, they were great strains for cheap prices.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I popped some Nirvana Tangie and Cali-O last year. Both were perfectly acceptable. Maybe 4 or 5 yrs before that, I grew out Nirvana's White Widow, and it was top shelf! I really wish I had kept a clone. I don't think their quality has gone down, and for the money, I have gotten some real keepers through the years.

Happy Times

I ran the auto fem NL outside a few years back and liked it a lot- super easy to grow, nice yielder, and old school flavor that I dug a lot, hints of pine, a slight fruitiness, and after curing a cheesy funk developed

I’d like to try that Aurora Indica sometime, and also their Widow and Hawaii Maui Wowie among others. Actually I’d like to give a lot of their catalog a run. They do say that the Widow is their “backbone”

JockBudman

I grew a couple of their Hawaii Maui Waui beans 2 years ago. An easy grow with a good yield. Everybody that tried it loved the bud. It also made great bubble hash.

Hey pal, you didn't happen tae find anythin that looks like the one posted last on this thread did you? -

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?postid=8388116#post8388116

Ah picked up a pack of regs recently an am hopin tae find that pheno for breeding.

It would be good tae know what you think of it in terms of effect as well.

Cheers mate

JB

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I am currently growing FEM seeds of Bubble Kush, Skunk #1, and Grease Monkey. All looking great. Ordered late 2020, 100% germination.

I enjoy Nirvana's work. I have posted about the Power Plant many times as it is an extremely underrated strain.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I haven't grown Nirvana gear since 2006, the Jock Horror was FIRE. Fucking top cola the size of a 2 liter soda bottle and so covered in trichomes it looked like it was dipped in sand. Potent a fuck, but make me paranoid.

same here , we have not grown their seeds in years...BUT... the jock horror we grew was the best weed we ever grown- some friends thought it was treated... being old and stupid, didn't take cuttings of that lady, and we went thru 2+ packs and never found her again..

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Nirvana's Raspberry Cough was really good too. Their version of Strawberry Cough.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Is their raspberry cough their version of strawberry cough? I never put the two and two together on that one I guess.

Anyone grow the raspberry cough?

JockBudman

No. It didn't foxtail if that is what you meant. See Album: Nirvana Hawaii Maui Waui (F) for a few pics.

Nice plants man, looks like you gave them a good run. It is indeed the foxtails am after, the few reports ah've found say they're trippy an fast flowerin. Ah just cropped some part seeded zamaldelica so am lookin for the Maui wowie pheno tae keep the high but with a faster crop time and a bit more weight.

Though from what you've grown it seems I'll get good plants regardless :tiphat:

D.W.A.I.

Funny...I have over 50 Nirvana seeds of various varieties that I bought back in 2006-2007 that I have been keeping in the fridge with a desiccant. So far, every single seed has been viable.

Currently, I have 5 Nirvana going that are about 3 weeks from seed. 3 Jock Horror, 1 Pure Power Plant and 1 Durban. I'm going through the packs with fewest seeds and I just polished those three strains off.

I've heard there is a legendary pheno of the Jock and obviously I have my fingers crossed to run into that one. I have plans on starting a bonsai mom tent and would love to have access to that one whenever I want. I did PPP a few years ago and got the purple pheno that Mister Postman also had. Very pretty plant. I had the cat piss Durban pheno when I grew that one out a long time ago. It was unique...that smell was crazy. Not for everyone and tough to carry inconspicuously.

From what I understand Nirvana were f2's of the featured line (Serious AK & Bubbilicious, Sensi Jack Herer, DJ Blueberry, Mango, etc). Unless you are dead set on getting the original genetics, I kind of prefer the crap shoot that Nirvana provides, especially for the price. It looks like they have moved away from regular seeds, which is a little disappointing because the chances of finding a stud from the genetic diversity are there as well.

Attachments

• IMG_4512.jpg
    IMG_4512.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 66
  • JH1.jpg
    JH1.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Latest posts