What's new

hash shaker...where can I get one ?

nabzter

Can anybody recommend a decent but not overpriced shaker for collecting crystals/pollen. Also is can you take much off trim? I have made butane hash a number of times but would like to try something different.

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
I used to use a mason jar with the 2 part lid and some silk screen and a dime. Probably cost about 3 dollars US.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Yup^^ Coffee can w/ plastic lid with the inside of the lid cut out, then an old bubble bag cut to fit inside the lid. Put it in the freezer, then shake over a glass plate.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
ok, how fussy are you?

here's the hash shaker I make using a net curtain and a coffeejar...I couldnt understand the words (thread link below), but the pics told me everything I needed to know... I put a sandwich bag over the end so as to catch everything rather than shaking out over a table..

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=9014

cheers :tiphat:

edit: just went back and read tripOG's post... good words man, nice technique.. I'll be noting that for later :)
edit2: and Lapides too... haha I am well late to this party :D

nabzter

ok, how fussy are you?

here's the hash shaker I make using a net curtain and a coffeejar...I couldnt understand the words (thread link below), but the pics told me everything I needed to know... I put a sandwich bag over the end so as to catch everything rather than shaking out over a table..

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=9014

cheers :tiphat:

edit: just went back and read tripOG's post... good words man, nice technique.. I'll be noting that for later :)
edit2: and Lapides too... haha I am well late to this party :D

Thankyou J very helpful as always. As I'm impatient I may give it a trial run tonight with the missus baking sieve hahaha

Regarding you link....A picture says a thousand words !!!

Also guys is it better tho break down/grind the trim 1st or just use as is ?

B

bigganjabud

I've never done bho and ain't really too keen on the vac oven prices and whatnot, so this time I'm going qwiso!!!!

I've got a set of 8 bags so I'm going to use two of them in the process

What's a hash shaker for? Is it the dry ice method?

Lol my bad just. Licked the link dry sift eh!!

There's some wicked vids about sift screening on the tube

nabzter

I've never done bho and ain't really too keen on the vac oven prices and whatnot, so this time I'm going qwiso!!!!

I've got a set of 8 bags so I'm going to use two of them in the process

What's a hash shaker for? Is it the dry ice method?

Lol my bad just. Licked the link dry sift eh!!

There's some wicked vids about sift screening on the tube

It's a way of shaking the crystals off of the the bud or trim to make keif hash. I think some people freeze the trim to make it more efficient. Literally just fill your shaker and shake away.

Did you ever use those grinders with a built in mesh ? If so you get a whole lot ta what collects in the bottom.

I wanna try the shake method because it seems way easier than bho method or bubble bags. And I'm all for fast and efficient.
I made bho oil many times with home made bits of kits...always do the process outside ..The only expense was the butane (cans of swan lighter fuel did the trick lol) never used vac oven as the butane evaporates naturally so just leave it a day or 2 and you can tell when it's all gone.

P.s thanks bgb I will check to see vids out when I leave the office lol they won't take too kindly at work I'm sure.

JamieShoes

Veteran
yes mate, when its frozen, the trics snap off when you shake it (I break it up a little before I put it in the jar, the more you break it up though, the less clean it will be)

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Yup, physically get inside the chest freezer, close the door, and shake, I use my cellphone as a flashlight to see. Haha, I kid, I kid. But yes as previously stated doing while frozen is best.

I love winter time, because making dry sift and BHO outside in my shed always makes an awesome end result.

blays0r

I have a kief box made by Exotic Zombie that works well, and it has held up for a really long time. Depending on how much you smoke you can recoup a good bit of kief just from storing and breaking up your stash in a kief box.

Gry

Veteran
I freeze my canna and use a spice shaker I got at the dollar store . I run what I collect through a tea hoddle that fits on the same shaker. Real quick, real easy. The lack of humidity makes it a snap, I would not think this would work so well in area where there is a lot of humidity.
Like the idea of using a bag for collection, will give that a try.

JamieShoes

Veteran
I freeze my canna and use a spice shaker I got at the dollar store . I run what I collect through a tea hoddle that fits on the same shaker. Real quick, real easy. The lack of humidity makes it a snap, I would not think this would work so well in area where there is a lot of humidity.
Like the idea of using a bag for collection, will give that a try.

I had to Google "spice shaker" AND "tea hoddle"...it all makes sense now that I've seen some pictures :D

hehe love this post..

yeah man, the catch bag is a great idea if, like me, you live in a house full of dogs/kids/lunatics :)

Latest posts

Latest posts