What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mini cultivation of PLANTAHUMANA

The big time is here !!!: Tiphat:

First of all I would like to let you know that I do not speak English, but I promise to make every effort to be able to communicate and learn more and more here!

Based and inhaled on BLYNX cultures I decided to go back with my mini culture.

All help will be very welcome!

I have been growing for about 4 years, and have always had satisfactory results, even using strains of a smoke marketed in my country, where it comes pressed and with low quality of hygiene, but to get rid of it I use the seeds that I find in the middle of the smoke. ..

My current Setup is as follows:

Grow: 30x45 cm 90cm height
Light: 6x9W LEDs
Soil: 50% perlite 50% fertilized land
Passive inputs at the bottom and a fan blowing out the air at the top.

#P1 - Day 1

I'm also germinating some more seeds and I got 4 clones of a sativa plant, I'm going to try to root it, I hope at least 50% success, 2 clones !!!

To clone I used a hormone CLONEX, and I created a micro climate that gets very moist to see if it develops roots ...

All aids and considerations are welcome! I'm counting on you!

: Rasta:

Cool grow mate!

Is this your first run with the 6 x 9w LEDs? These lights are very interesting, cant wait to see what they can do :)

Good luck with the bagseed - it's often better than the seeds you pay top dollar for!

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your grow.
Are you going to try to flower all 8 containers at the same time?

Cool grow mate!

Is this your first run with the 6 x 9w LEDs? These lights are very interesting, cant wait to see what they can do :)

Good luck with the bagseed - it's often better than the seeds you pay top dollar for!

Yes, my first race with LEDS!
I wish luck with nature so seeds are good strains! we'll see!
Thanks for following!

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your grow.
Are you going to try to flower all 8 containers at the same time?

WOW!
Very good to see you here BLYNX! I must mention that his studies brought me inspiration to go back to the mini-cultivation and to have my own medicine. CLEAN!

I'm building another grow, in the same measure and same format, I believe I'll build 2 more, stay with 3 mini grows for experiments, one I'll leave for vega, the other two I can do the flowering and even some 12/12 test Of the seed ... I believe that the 8 plants in this space with 30 days of vegetation will be tight right? But this week we'll have the second grow up and running!

Blynx, about lighting? In the new grow of the same space I intend to put 8x9W LED, adding 72W, is it within the standard? Is it too little or too much illumination? This part of measuring illumination per square foot in your diary confuses me ... I would like to know the ideal for my measurements ...

I'll post photos of them today, but first I'll go over the photo topics to get tips on posting them the best way ...

Hello, HuffnPufferfish! Thank you very much for directing! I'll run with 6x9W.

Today I built my second grow in the same measure and will have the same lighting power; 6x9W LEDS.

I decided to leave one running 12/12 and the other 24/0 the 4 clones I put in the vegetative 24/12, and I am with 4 plants with 1 week of 24/0 going to 12/12 and a plant with 2 weeks of 24 / Which I also put on 12/12.

Hey friends, look at my humble system to grow the remedies, I know it's simple and pretty basic, but let's see what comes out of them ... :woohoo:

picture.php

picture.php

In the first taxi, (I can call a taxi?) (Or should it be a cabin?) I have the reflective walls, for this I am still waiting to arrive, soon will also have the reflective walls.

:greenstars:

And here all the plants that are under 12/12 photoperiod. On average with 8 days the largest with 14 days.

picture.php

My biggest plant is with the leaves burned. This is a shame, but I think she'll be strong soon enough! Watering only with water.

Hey friends, time passed and I could not keep my plants ... all has a yellow sign on the top leaves: / I've been reading and it looks like the LED has burned them ... I'm going to do a new race with less amount of LED ....

The strange thing is that I accompany some journals here in the forum that use the same or even more LED light in their races without burn rate ...

Any help would be very welcome ...

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did you raise your plants up close to the light? The pictures you posted showed plenty of room between the plant tops and the lights.

If you did not raise the plants close to the lights, I suspect the problem was more likely pH/nutrient issues based off what you were watering/feeding them with.

If you get yellowing or start having issues, post questions here before killing your plants.

hey blinx!
My feeling of gratitude for your interest, I confess that I was very upset with the death of the plants so I did not post anything, but that was another mistake, right, I could have taken the tips to not repeat ...
But ... if repeated my new plant is locked and yellowish: /

picture.php

This week I received my PH and EC meter.

Watering was at 8.0 PH as you mentioned may be the error.

Corriji with vinegar in today's watering, but this week I'm going to buy a ph down of some company ... or with vinegar works?

thank you friends, I need to learn to use more forum to make more friends, I confess that I read a lot and learn a lot here but still do not know how to use the site well. lol

nooooooob!

all love of nature

Athos

I had something similar happen to my current seedlings and it was because they were rootbound, I started them in 2 oz containers, they lasted 10 days there.

In that picture it seems your seedling is in a nursery pot, maybe if you transplant, you might see some improvement

Hi friends,

ATHOS, Thanks for the support, I've transplanted them into a larger vessel.

Now I can use my EC and PH meter to give water to my plants.

my soil is made up of 40% perlite and 60% plant soil. could someone more experienced help me with the amount of EC for the vegetative phase?

If I use a PH 6.5 for this type of soil should I have something satisfactory?

thank you very much to all the help, I hope this weekend to post photos of them improved !!!

I followed a table I found on google. based on PPM EC,
0.2 0.3 for the first few weeks
0.5 for third week
0.7 fourth week.

Is it a good table?
Or should I worry about her?

I'm using rainwater for my plants, my EC meter 000 mark, is that water already okay?

This is my substrate mix:

picture.php

Earth and Perlite.

in the last two attempts I have been using tap water with PH 8 and 0.2 EC in this new felt vessel that I created, I germinated with rainwater 00EC and PH was 7.0 I used a PH DOWN and everything happened in 6.5 PH.

picture.php

today I did a watering with the PH 6.5 rain water and I put nutrients from a vendor from my neighborhood, the EC was at 0.3, I will follow and hope that this nutrient rate will not be toxic.

the pots with the plants in recovery only rainwater EC 00 PH 6.5.

picture.php

Athos

I'm curious, where did you get that soil (lo que llamas tierra) that you mixed with perlite. It looks like something you got from your backyard, specially since every pot looks like it's filled with a different mix.

I would invest in good soil instead of buying expensive nutes, it'll be cheaper and you won't risk burning them so young.

The following picture is of a plant about to finish it's seedling stage at day 23 since breaking soil and it's been given plain water, absolutely no nutrients.
picture.php

M

Mr. Sparkle

A high pH can definitely cause problems, and because of the small containers we use in micro grows we can change the conditions such as EC and pH pretty quickly in both good and bad ways, so your definitely heading down the right track.

Your Substrate looks usable, but as @athos is saying it does look like you have two different substrates with the later or latest looking a little less in quality, which i definitely agree with @athos again that getting some good quality substrate off the start is typically worth it to avoid the hassle unless you know how to make your own mix and or re-amend your used mixes.

Also as a tip it usually is nice to either mix up a batch of substrate or get enough substrate to last a couple of rounds, or be able to reproduce or acquire it reliably, so that you are not having to change your feeding regiment or watering every round.

So for future pots if your going use that mix it would probably befefit from some added peatmoss or coco coir to make it a bit more airy compared to what it looks like you have.

As for what EC to run with your nutrients your current guide should work till halfway into your grow, why i say that is we don't know when the nutrients that are currently in your soil will get all used up or if your over-saturating your nutrients with what is also in your soil but dont worry your plants will start to tell you when things are not ideal, and then you can adjust for from there.

But im gonna guess you will probably have to increase your EC as your plant get bigger.

As for what pH to run 6.5 would be a safe place to start, and yes you can use vinegar but its not as ideal as more concentrated acids that could also be used by our plants such as phosphoric or nitric acid as one they are stronger acids in that they have more ability to change the pH of a given solution with less needed in comparison to weaker acids. and also our plants can use the nitrogen and phosphate byproducts in comparison to other acids, but any pH down "spa/pool" or kitchen grade acids "vinegar and citric acid" will work its just some are better suited such as phosporic and or nitric acid which most hydro nutrient based ph downs are based from, but with they usually have a bunch of water added in to one make it less dangerous to work with and two for you to need more over the longrun so they can sell you more bottles at higher markup than what you can get outside the marijuana/nutrient market, but most small bottles will last us micro growers years.

Latest posts

Latest posts