What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does anyone have any info. on Death Star?

TNJed

I was given a couple of clones last year, and the only info. I was given was, "Man, the guy I got these from said it was the best pot he's ever smoked!". All I know is that it seems to an indica/sativa cross, with my cut leaning towards the indica. It takes around 9 weeks to mature, and it the skunkiest strain I've ever grown.... fantastic ganja on every level! What makes me ask is that I noticed that High Times has an article about her, and the breeders involved, in next months issue. I've never heard anyone, other than the people who gifted me the cuts, even mention this strain... then BOOOM!!!, it's in High Times.

dj.scotfree

Wussup TNJed... I was gifted the cut too... I dunno if I am correct but... I was told the strain came out of Ohio... its Sour Diesel x Sensi Star... This is some killer smoke!!! Beware this lady stinks!

I hope High Times can shed some light on the strain!

peace, djsf

TNJed

Wussup TNJed... I was gifted the cut too... I dunno if I am correct but... I was told the strain came out of Ohio... its Sour Diesel x Sensi Star... This is some killer smoke!!! Beware this lady stinks!

I hope High Times can shed some light on the strain!

peace, djsf

She's definately a stinker, and everyone that tries it loves it! From my experiments, seems to do a lot better with some veg. time, rather than throwing a bunch rooted clones straight into flower.

dj.scotfree

I have smoked it a few times... I have too many moms going, so I have been basically just training her out as a bonsai... I took 20 clones... 20/20... this lady loves to root... 5-7 days...just ph'd water in an aero-cloner... Do you have any hints? I will def veg her out some... do you know how much she stretches? 2x 3x?

It seems to me that the Sour Diesel fuel skunk shines through with a bit of hashy/fruity tones coming from the Sensi Star... and maybe a bit shorter flowering time from the Sensi Star...?

thanks bro!

peace, djsf

TNJed

I have smoked it a few times... I have too many moms going, so I have been basically just training her out as a bonsai... I took 20 clones... 20/20... this lady loves to root... 5-7 days...just ph'd water in an aero-cloner... Do you have any hints? I will def veg her out some... do you know how much she stretches? 2x 3x?

It seems to me that the Sour Diesel shines through with a bit of hashy/fruity tones... and maybe a bit shorter flowering time...?

thanks bro!

peace, djsf
djsf,

Yes, she does clone easily (easier than my AK-47!), and the Sour Diesel does shine through in the taste. She tends to stretch... closer to 3x than 2x, if left untopped. I usually give her ample veg. time, and top her to encourage bushing. I usually take her down at around 65-66 days, which does make her a tad quicker than the Sour Diesel. Her smell is no Joke......OVERWHELMING SKUNK FUEL!!!

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
siiick, cool cross! even cooler that there's a "clone network" around the east coast too lol! i gotta get on that train somehow haha

ArcticBlast

stanky1

Ohio has a lot of great strains, i mentioned a few weeks ago i got a quad of death star off my buddy who grows it, i didnt get the overwhelming skunk fuel smell but more coffee/skunk/pine. Very very good herb though, tasted great and the high cuts through anything else.

-stanky

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
ohio's right next to me, i might have to cross the border and make some friends haha

ArcticBlast

Duckmang

I just took down a Death Star and it was absolutely LOADED with trichomes, the glass that it was cut over looked like you dumped pollen on it.

It's my understanding that Death Star is a specific phenotype that can come from Sensi Star X NYC diesel. Southern Lights also shares this lineage (SS X NYCD). Luck would have it, I happenedd upon a Southern Lights male and needless to say there are some seeds coming soon. I have grown a few Southern lights out but have yet to find a "keeper" pheno. Hopefully there will be plenty in the upcoming batch of seeds.

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
ohio's right next to me, i might have to cross the border and make some friends haha

ArcticBlast
haha come on over ArcticB....and bring some cuts with u too lol...peace

I've smoked the Death Star on multiple occasions but have yet to get a clone of it :( Definitely some good smoke though!!!

phishsback85

Just got Clones of deathstar in VT the guy went to school in Ohio hes been growin it for a while now also got some dumpster too they usually go hand in hand as well as lemmon G if any one knows bout the dump or lemmon G lemme know ive turned them all into mothers well they r well on ther way bout 20" with lots of branching but i dont know too much bout either the dump or lemmon such as flowering times or any specs

stanky1

I know about the Lemon, nice structure tight be buds very crystaled, lemon cleaner smell 60 days flower roughly. Way better after a decent cure.

-stanky

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shit man that is a killer cross. you cant go worng. Death star is a great name too