What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Durban Thai Highflier... DTC99...?

S

sativagrower87

wondering is there any chance to find this sativas or some hybrids with them? i remember Spice Brothers were offering Grimm`s DTC99 but for my own stupidity i missed them:wallbash: and looks like they are gone. hope there is little chance to find something like that.
any info appreciated :bow:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are cuts of DTHF still around in NL I beleive....I wish I still had the cut I was gifted in the early '90's,Amazing high and flavaz but prone to hermies. Good luck

S

sativagrower87

looks like not many people interested in this old school genetics :frown:

Mr.Jones

sounds like some amazing hybrid! i mean i love durban and a durban thai cross cant be bad - gonna take a look around for that one :p

how is it yield/flowering time wise?

yoss33

Veteran
I like to smoke a mix of durban and haze (50%, 50%). Durban's speed and haze's clear pleasure go together well. For a hardcore trippy experience, if you don't mind your haze getting more paranoid :) Maybe this cross is close?
I wonder to what extend can the effects of a cross be predicted by smoking a mixture of the 2 parents. Of course, heredity is not simply the average of the 2 parents.

S

sativagrower87

Durban Thai Highflier were bred by Super Sativa Seed Club, here is original description:
A thai strain inbred for 4 generations. Breeding plants were selected for early maturation, yield and quality of the high. Some individuals will turn out to be hermaphrodites. The high is fantastic. To breed out the hermaphroditism we've crossed this strain with an early maturation Durban Sativa. The result is an early maturing hybrid. The intense high of this strain will make you forget about the few hermaphrodites. One of our own favourites. Harvest: the second week of October.
and here what Mr.Soul says about this strain:
The original SSSC Durban/Thai cross is one of my personal favourites that I grew back in the 80s - I know that the mother was the Thai and she came from the fourth generation of selecting individuals which best suited indoor cultivation. This Thai mama was SWEET, I'm sure it's the Thai you remember (circa 1977?) with a head-trip high? I now have a SUPERB female D/T that I flower clones from. I really wish you could see/smoke this plant! In 8-9 weeks of 12/12 she's ripe...a really FAST Sativa because of the Durban influence, the ripening buds smell like foot perspiration...really FUNKY. Thankfully, the weed cures to a delicious licorice scent/flavour and is wickedly cerebral. DTC99 resulted from pollinating THIS female with my best C99 male.
must be some crazy old school weed! :hotbounce i think oldtimers can say a bit more about this strain.
hope to find people who`s still grow it :kos:

diogenes jones

I run a dtc99 cut called 55D/cellophane. She was selected around 01-02 and passed around.
Done quick and great pot-I smoke it every day.

FWIW-Soul implied the progeny would have plenty of hermies.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
word on the street is, Dutchgrown will be reworking the DTC99 genes from original BrosGrimm stock :joint:

ArcticBlast

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i still have 3 packs of spice bro's DTCa 99 to pop sometime... great high,,the taste is sugary to beefy which is fairly unique,,, i was going to make some seeds from these to send in,,, but DG's on the case i guess...better to have original bro's grimm genetics anyway...

, ,

notice the really orange hairs....their all like this....

G

guest121295

I have hybrids of this variety.The smoke is some of the best ever, especially the Durban dominants.I have much experience with this one, highly reccomended!!

S

sativagrower87

thanks to all for input:thank you: looks like DG will be releasing Grimm`s DTC99... would be great also to find original DTHF :dance013:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I still have a pk of Rez's 'Speedball', created from Paradise's Sensi Star X Grimm/SSSC's DTC99. :smoke:

215 User

Rez's "Bottle Rocket" has these genes.
I am gonna try it this year & let it ride.

guy fawkes

Veteran
dutch growns dtc99

Attachments

• steve333 008.jpg
    steve333 008.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 18
  • steve333 019.jpg
    steve333 019.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 22
  • steve333 017.jpg
    steve333 017.jpg