What's new

Topicals for Arhtur Itis?

Hoot.N.Annie

Ok.I have the pleasure (?) of having arthritis :(.It affects my left foot and right knee.I'm a "Hoot" to watch walk down the street.:biggrin:

Has anyone got experience with a topical oil or salve for the alleviation of the pain associated with arthritis?

If a person were to decarboxilate the cannabis before making the oil,would an affect be noticed through absorption through the skin?

meaning...would you get a high from using oil with decarboxilated cannabis?

Thanks for any advice/experience.

Hoot.N.Annie

That thread title was supposed to be Topicals for Arthur Itis..but Hoot.N.Dummy screwed it up.

So much for trying to be funny.

Galaxy420

Ok.I have the pleasure (?) of having arthritis :(.It affects my left foot and right knee.I'm a "Hoot" to watch walk down the street.:biggrin:

Has anyone got experience with a topical oil or salve for the alleviation of the pain associated with arthritis?

If a person were to decarboxilate the cannabis before making the oil,would an affect be noticed through absorption through the skin?

meaning...would you get a high from using oil with decarboxilated cannabis?

Thanks for any advice/experience.

I can answer some of it.. decarboxylated cannabis will have an active molecular effect (high) if used topically. typically salves have not been decarbed and are not as strong as a concentrated oil would be... if you are concerned with a "high" then use it at night before bed and get to sleep before effects set in.. this will help you sleep better too as a side effect..
to get your endocannabinoid system up to speed as well take lots of omega threes too like hemp seed oil,fish oil, etc... this will open your receptor capacity to accept the activated oils or salves. you can boost too the properties of your topicals using a few drops of D-limone ( orange oil) or a few drops black pepper oil. highly recommended...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
* D-Limonene

not able to edit around here???

you need a few more posts brother
/you will get there

have you made topicals before?
what do you like as a base
could you describe your process for non psychoactive topicals?

I wood

I have good results with a topical that is made with coconut oil and bees wax.
Cannabis extract with a cbd to thc ratio about 1:1 is added at the rate of 200 mgs per ounce.
High thc oil worked pretty well alone but the mix is more effective.
Only once have I got a buzz from this, it was on purpose and took a huge slathering to happen. None of the other people I work with have ever mentioned psychoactive effects.
Cannabis roots can be boiled in the coconut oil similar to making canabutter, this oil alone is good for arthritis pain but makes a better addition to the above mix.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes decarbed topicals can get a person high.

Even non decarbed can for an extremely light user or non user.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I have good results with a topical that is made with coconut oil and bees wax.
Cannabis extract with a cbd to thc ratio about 1:1 is added at the rate of 200 mgs per ounce.
High thc oil worked pretty well alone but the mix is more effective.
Only once have I got a buzz from this, it was on purpose and took a huge slathering to happen. None of the other people I work with have ever mentioned psychoactive effects.
Cannabis roots can be boiled in the coconut oil similar to making canabutter, this oil alone is good for arthritis pain but makes a better addition to the above mix.

good post brother
im very interested in learning more

when you say extract, could this be ice hash or are you referring to oil
besides using the roots do you ahev any ideas re: using unprocessed plant to make a topical
/i heard once that teh large fan leaves are useful for making a minimally -psychoactive topical

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Need cheap and dirty relief? As in today?

Scrape out the resin from a pipe, dissolve it in warm ethanol on a low simmer and good ventilation. All you're doing is separating the resin from the ash.

Wet a few coffee filters with ethanol in a strainer and pour the mixture through. Should filter out 'most' of the ash. (without pre-wetting, the filters absorb a lot of medicine)

Dab that on the worst pain spots, it absorbs in quickly. Keep it capped between uses.

Douglas

idiit

Veteran
not a topical but i'm real impressed with boron supplements for your problem. google "boron arthritis".

I speak from personal issue of severe joint stiffness.

the arthritis boron stuff is worth reading up on imo.

first thing in the morning I take boron and organic sulfur. first thing.

my conditions are greatly improved. huge.

Hoot.N.Annie

Galaxy:

Thanks so much for the response.That really helped.

BTW:We are in the same boat with regards to editing..and even giving rep is not an option till we hit 50 posts.

I wood: Thanks for mentioning coconut oil.Many people do not know how many added benefits coconut oil has.

MJPassion: It is interesting that I recently read that some folks catch some effect from juicing Cannabis leaves as well.That surprised me to be honest.

Douglas: I didn't know you could do that.Who'da thunk it?

idiit: Thanks for the mention of boron supplements.I'll look that up for sure..thanks for the tip,much appreciated!

Latest posts

Latest posts