What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whats wrong with her

edo01

Hi all,

Whats wrong with her? The fan leaves are dark green but the new growth is light green with little yellow veins

I'm growing in coco

Ppm 300(ec 0.6)
Ph 5.9

Greetings

Attachments

• 20190502_114214.jpg
    20190502_114214.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190502_114236.jpg
    20190502_114236.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 18

Palindrome

King of Schwag
It most likely got AIDS, im sorry to tell you mate. :comfort:

Nahh mate, she looks fine!

It's just new growth, it's light green and will turn darker with age.
She looks like she might soon would take a bit more food, but all in all id say there is nothing really wrong with her at this stage.

Happy growing

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hi all,

Whats wrong with her? The fan leaves are dark green but the new growth is light green with little yellow veins

I'm growing in coco

Ppm 300(ec 0.6)
Ph 5.9

Greetings
In my experience, plants are more than happy if you give them a bloom food with low nitrogen and higher phosphorus and potasssium - and a pinch of epsom salt for magnesium.

leaves - magnesium
stem - potassium
roots - phosphorus

You don't need a lot of nitrogen, because that's for when most of the growth is taking place. Nitrogen is for growth, not foliage. Magnesium is for foliage.

- What nutrients do you use, and what brand of coco coir?
- how often do you feed/water?
- how close are the lights, maybe what is the temperature at the leaf level when the lights are on?

Just as a general remark - plants are always trying to get enough nutrients to repair the damage done during the day and have enough for growth as well. So if the plant is not taking up enough nutrients, the first thing you're going to see is that it doesn't look fresh and well repaired in the morning. That's the first sign that it isn't taking up enough nutrients, or that more damage has been done during the day than it can repair.

Rodehazrd

Hey there EDO
I agree with the other post she looks pretty good maybe a little underfed but thats way better than overfed. I don't run coco but I would suggest a mild feeding and some micro's :tiphat::tiphat:

When the problem begins at the newest growth it leaves only so many possibilities. As well, 5.9 in the long run for young plants in coco can be troublesome.. 6.2 is where you will find the best of uptake at this age and even a little higher isn't half as bad as it dropping too low..Salt buildup can also make the newest growth fade very fast just before it begins burning the plant from the inside out due to the salt content within the leaf tissue.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hi all,

I'm growing in coco

Ppm 300(ec 0.6)
Ph 5.9

Greetings
5.9 sounds about right, I just use 6.0 throughout the grow.

At first glance, it looks like a high pH locking out sulfur.

So it would be interesting to know what the runoff is, which could be high because of a nutrient buildup.

- What nutrients do you use, and what brand of coco coir?
- how often do you feed/water?
- how close are the lights, maybe what is the temperature at the leaf level when the lights are on?​

edo01

I use canna a+b as nutrients (23-17-13) and plagron coco.

First when she was smaler i watered and feed her every 3. day, but now every day.

I'm using 600w mh and the distance from light to the plant is about 28 inches.

Temperature on the top of the plant is about 80 F° , I know it's to high but the outside temperature is pretty high and I'm not using ac....

Yesterday when I was feeding her I made the nutrient solution with ph 6.0, but I did not see any improvement

Tomorrow I will check the runoff ppm and ph. I will try some epsom salt

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I use canna a+b as nutrients (23-17-13) and plagron coco.
Those are both fine, however that's not Canna Coco.

Canna Coco A+B has an NPK closer to 5-4-3.

So you should check run-off's EC/ppm and pH.

Other than that I have to say growing in coco coir can be very easy. Just take a bloom food (low nitrogen, which is really for the growth phase i.e. flowering) of 0.4 EC and a little epsom salt. And try feeding/watering once every other day.

edo01

I was wrong, just checked the nutes

Its canna coco a/b (5-4-3)

Today I checked the runoff, its ec 0.5 / ph 6.0, for feeding I used ec 0.6/ ph 5.9

An other plant which looks healthier had runoff ec 0.6/ ph 6.1. On this plant I used the exact same nutrient solution (ec 0.6/ph 5.9)

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I was wrong, just checked the nutes

Its canna coco a/b (5-4-3)

Today I checked the runoff, its ec 0.5 / ph 6.0, for feeding I used ec 0.6/ ph 5.9

An other plant which looks healthier had runoff ec 0.6/ ph 6.1. On this plant I used the exact same nutrient solution (ec 0.6/ph 5.9)
Cool. Another easy way to get rid of nutrient deficiencies is to get a larger pot.

And go to a low nitrogen, high phosphorus and potassium nutrient (bloom food) and add magnesium for the leaves from epsom salt, and you'll be fine until mid-flowering. A bio-sevia bloom has an npk of 2-3-4.