What's new

Growing Basil in the Veg Room

RB56

Veteran
Super easy to grow. I treat it like weed, but it's easier to grow. Taste gets strong as the plant ages so I take a cutting and throw it in the cloner to start a new one. One plant provides enough for pesto every week or two, with some extra. Fresh and delicious. Had a cilantro plant too, but the tiny leaves were going everywhere, so no more.

picture.php

E

ESTERCHASER

some pests avoid basil, esp genovese variety.......need more varieties to try? i got ya! I have ital large leaf basil ,rosie basil, sacred....etc etc etc usda organic and non gmo verified! I see no reason why folks who enjoy top shelf foods arent growing everytrhing they can from home!

RB56

Veteran
some pests avoid basil, esp genovese variety.......need more varieties to try? i got ya! I have ital large leaf basil ,rosie basil, sacred....etc etc etc usda organic and non gmo verified! I see no reason why folks who enjoy top shelf foods arent growing everytrhing they can from home!

That is Genovese Basil, so a benefit I hadn't thought of :) Fragrance is amazing. Planning to do a outdoor garden this year. Has to be completely fenced in because of deer, so that's going to be project 1. Need to at least get fresh tomatoes.

Latest posts

Latest posts