What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Early Misty 07 Start: 12/24/06 - 07

My first grow diary on this forum:

Early Misty from Nirvana Seeds:
10 seeds

Germinated:
10/10 using a personal method of style. I use a cake pan with two paper towels, seeds scattered inbetween and kept wet. All germinated within two days.

Method: A two soil mix, one a multi-purple vegitable, flower, plant soil, and the other is a Miracle gro with added 3 month fertiziler supply. The multi-stuff is very thin and the roots will love that yet the miracle gro keeps the roots nice and moist while providing a slow release formula guarateed not to agrravate my babes. All ten are in small pots at the moment and will be scattered, once 4-6in tall, to a secret guerlla growing location.

All are in pots as of this moment. Pictures will be soon of the ten.

Thanks for the interest guys...should be fun. :yoinks:

Day Two: I had to fight off the rain all day yesterday. Put all the pots on the side of the building where they were not being hit by direct rain, just small scattered, bouncing drops. This proved to be a smart idea and saved the plants. Last night before bed I put all the pots back at the original ledge location where they are recieving some sun this morning and hopefully all day.

Pictures within the hour.

G

I have only grown the early misty indoors once. she can really yeild! but this is really an outdoor lady.
Good luck with the grow!
~neilspotshop

cobalt

wow a wish a could do an outdoor grow, but its way too cold here to do that, a think even the summer here would make it tough. good luck with the grow.

Here are two plants. About 8 have popped out their first set of leaves. The other two are just poppin out of their seeds. Took more pictures but turned out kind of blurry, but you can see these two right here pretty much look like the rest.

2-4days.JPG

:woohoo:

Yeah you could say that. The weather has been shitty latly though. Still warm and sunny but lots of heavy rain. However these plants will easily withstand it once they are a little bigger, they will actually love it. Won't ever have to provide water, and they already have all the nutes in the soil I want to give them. Auto-drive grow with lots of pictures and comm. basically. :)

P.S. I do have a 5Mega Pixel Camera so I'd just like to say my pictures I took this morning was because I was to close to the plant. I will get better with my photography as we move along. And I promise to provide clear, eye grabing awesome pictures throughout the grow.

Last edited:

jaypee89

I have pretty much the same weather haha. I live on a tropical island...sunny most of the time but it rains like twice during the night haha.....kinda sucks b/c It makes my plants grow slow since the soil is almost always drenched, if not, a little moist.

But anyways, congrats on your spouts! And if you want to take some closeup pictures, you can either buy yourself a $700 ultra badass camera, or you can buy yourself a $1 magnifying glass, put the camera lens to the magnifying glass and vuala!

thats what i do at least hehe. :woohoo:

I really do have a good camera..but I guess I suck at taking pictures. But as you can see I have already improved alittle. Heres acouple pictures again. Once again I won't be labeling untill I find out sexes...And about half got a better start than the other half. Two pictures below, bout 5 look like one and the other 5 look like the other one. But then again I put about 5 seeds out in pots a day earlier because they germinated faster, so they could be better seeds overall.

sample_2_4-6_days.JPG

sample_4-6_days.JPG

This one just broke out of its seed and I think will look like the one above it in a couple days.

update as of january 9th

update as of january 9th

the plants are being prepared for their gurella location soon... I think acouple more weeks.

Used some mini straws and chicken cooking line to keep em up strait, all were bending.

One bigger pot has two plants growing in one, hopefully both our female. Because what I am doing is transfer them together in one spot. Basically yall will get to see the yield difference between two plants started next to each other and the rest that were alone. Perhaps this was a little lazy growing at first but I figured might turn out to be quite a little experiment...

Added two different types of fertilizer. Both are slow realease. Four of the pots recieved ocomocote 4 month slow release and the other 4 recieved miracle grow 3 month slow release. The orange little pebbles are the mirracle grow I believe and the more brownish are the ocomocote...

Here are some updated pictures...as you can telll I am trying to work on my photography skills. Here yalll go!

secondpost1.JPG

secondpost2.JPG

secondpost3.JPG

secondpost4.JPG

P.S - There are still 9 plants.. As I said before one died off, however somehow I managed to not photograph a pot.

Also- Any input on how big I should let them get before transfered outdoors? I'm trying to wait because once it starts raining here alot...they could drown out. So I want them to be good 6-8inch before I transfer.

~growinwoods

Last edited:
G

Hey man looking good! Personally i would let them get as big as i can indoors, the bigger they are the more likely they are to survive.
Good luck with the grow!

Thanks neil! You're right I'm think I'm going to wait till their alittle bigger...but I can't wait too big or it will be a difficult task moving them to their guerilla location.

Defiently going to try and get some pictures this week. Have a little spitermite problem , very minor so far as far as I can tell. Still 9 plants. Most are taking off really good now and at the end of this week I am going into gurillla mode, cause I can't have them outback anymore. I will take pictures of the whole digging and transfering and whatnot. See yall later this week

Well heres a little update. Been really busy and going threw some personal stuff right now. sorry bou that. well.

It looks like my plants are going into pre-flower. I am starting to see sex already. I am kind of worried about this a little bit. The weather has been really crazy latly, a lot of cloudy days, rain ect. It looks like 6or7 are going to come out to be female, the other two or three male. Is this normal for early misty to show sex within a month and show preflowers?

Will try to get pictures in the next week.

G

Yes a month a veg is about average for preflowers but it does depend on strain. I think i remember my E.Misty lady showing in that time. sounds like you got a pretty good amount of females too!
Good luck and i'll be interested to see pic's!

Latest posts

Latest posts