What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Little Lifesaver Bush

lemonade

Veteran
Just stopping in to show you guys some pics of a lifesaver girl I just harvested. She was started in mid march (WAY too early!), has been in 5 different pots, and has been trimmed and pruned countless times to keep her low profile. Had to keep her LOW because I grow on my balcony and my neighbours deck is about 20 feet away from mine soooo...

She's only about 24" tall from the base of the stalk, but about 50" wide. Nothing groundbreaking I know, but it just goes to show that it's possible to grow a decent plant when there are limiting factors, like only 2 ft of vertical growing space.

Here she is just starting to flower.
7639aug18.jpg

Sept 20:
7639Sept20OD.jpg

Plant fell down a STEEP hill behind my house tumbling and smashing a good 25ft(long story LOL). The stalk split in a couple of places, and a few buds got broken off, but here she is after 2 days in the shade and a bit of wire/tape to hold her up. It's impossible for me to fully explain the trauma this plant went through, so I wont event try.

Some pics taken just before harvest, on Oct 7:

7639LS-15-Side1.jpg

7639LS-15-Side0.jpg

7639LS-15-Front.jpg

7639LS-15-Back.jpg

Some Budshots:

7639LS-15-Bud0.jpg

7639LS-15-Bud1.jpg

7639LS-15-Bud2.jpg

Some tops:

7639LS-15-Tops2.jpg

7639LS-15-Tops1.jpg

7639LS-15-Tops0.jpg

And a trimmed budshot:

7639LS-15-Trimmed.jpg

I'm hoping to get at least a QP, though I think I may get a bit more.
Just for fun here are a couple shots of 2 unknown clones I flowered out in 4L pots. These were harvested on the 20'th of september.

Clones:

7639Purps2.jpg

7639Purps1.jpg

7639OD-Purps.jpg

7639Purps5.jpg

7639Purps3.jpg

7639Purps4.jpg

Some dry shots:

7639OD-dry1.jpg

7639OD-dry2.jpg

The soil was 50% promix HP, 25% EWC, and 25% perlite with a dash of guano and lime. Plants were fed with Hydro Fuel 2 part synthetic-organic nute, Pure blend Original, Sweet, Liquid K and guano teas. :smile:

Last edited:
Nice plant! How was the purple pheno? I had the same results, one that was more purple, and one that had more trichomes. Awesome! K+

lemonade

Veteran
Thanks guys.

RIP: They're both great! Smoking some as I type as a matter of fact. Pretty smooth and very tasty considering how "unaged" it is.

a.k.a_Herb: You think it's a sativa dom? I've grown out i think 4 or 6 other LS girls and none produced buds as thick and dense as this one.

Trimming this stuff was a breeze. The buds are so dense and "uniform" you can kinda zone out while trimming (not hard after 12 hours LOL) and not risk accidentally chopping pieces of the bud off.

But now that you mention it, the leaves on this one looked more sativa dominant than the others; during early veg this one was showing 9 and 13 bladed leaves. :chin:

Budshot of another sat. dom. LS pheno:

Last edited:

grilledcheese

wow that looks great lemonade:yummy: . i would love to grow and smoke some of that, im trying to at least get a hybrid of lifesaver :joint:

Allusive

Great grow! Good job on the training/pruning. That harvest looks just delicious!

Definately a bush.

:smoke: :lurk:

lemonade

Veteran
Finally got around to weighing all this stuff up. Final yield came in at a little over 8 and 1/4 ounces. I always under estimate...:smoker:

Not bad for a 2 ft'er if I do say so myself. :chin: Here's a jar shot:

7639LSJars.jpg

Been making oil pretty frequently too:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k126/testgonedone/TrimBHO.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k126/testgonedone/bho10.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k126/testgonedone/BHO9.jpg

I'll get around to taking some dried budshots when i get some new batteries...:alien:

Last edited:

lemonade

Veteran
For sure man. Thanks for dropping by dude!

Wish the jars were still that full. Just got the big one left, and its only 1/3 full now! LOL :headbange

Latest posts

Latest posts