You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Fiddynut's indoor jungle Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2017, 04:57 AM #11
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddynut View Post
Good evening pop_rocks.
That's great news about the pasta. You have inspired me to work on it. I'd love to have good pasta dialed in. It doesn't take a lot of time and is so good. A nice plate of pasta with just salt pepper fresh garlic and olive oil is wonderfully simple but soooo gooooood. I think your right about the shorter cook time maybe a couple minutes. It's been a while but sometimes I buy fresh pasta at one of the Italian markets and I remember it cooking really fast. Tossing the pasta and sauce is a great method it takes on some great flavor as it finishes cooking slightly in the pan and doesn't stick together. Sounds like you did a great job. I can't wait for a report on how those sliders turn out. I am a burger junkie and start drooling at the thought of them. Bread and (cheese?) fondue sound great. I hope we are watching the packers in a couple weeks.

I know what you mean about old pieces being like members of the family. That thing has been all over the country with me. Countless Bowles have been smoked through it. It feels so good in the hand it's like it was made for me. I've managed to hang on to one pretty old bong that a buddy gave me before moving back to great Britton in about 2001. That is the only water pipe that made it back to the Midwest with me from Oakland. Many others have been knocked over and broken but this one just doesn't break.
so we were talking about good burgers and pasta in your other thread
/for simplicity im going to start posting here

i love me a good burger too!
i am somewhat of a purest tho and thing a really good burger dosent need much more than your basic toppings and cheese
mrs chicky likes the wacky combinations with off the wall toppings, but for me a good cheese burger dosent need to be all dressed up
we ahve this place called in n out here where you can get a good honest burger with simple toppings for under $5
/with fries and drink

you are right about simple sauces for good pasta!
the first batch i made i used this jar alfredo sauce and i think it kind of overpowered the fresh noodle
mrs chicky had just tomatoes and garlic on hers and it was insane!
so fresh and so good!
im still working on the dough recipie but for the most part it seems like its 1 egg to 1c flour
some recipies i found said to add some oil to the mix
the next batch i am going to add some spinich to the eggs and see how that comes out

imagine some of that awsome sausage you make and fresh pasta!
that would be off the hook!
pop_rocks is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:49 PM #12
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_rocks View Post
so we were talking about good burgers and pasta in your other thread
/for simplicity im going to start posting here

i love me a good burger too!
i am somewhat of a purest tho and thing a really good burger dosent need much more than your basic toppings and cheese
mrs chicky likes the wacky combinations with off the wall toppings, but for me a good cheese burger dosent need to be all dressed up
we ahve this place called in n out here where you can get a good honest burger with simple toppings for under $5
/with fries and drink

you are right about simple sauces for good pasta!
the first batch i made i used this jar alfredo sauce and i think it kind of overpowered the fresh noodle
mrs chicky had just tomatoes and garlic on hers and it was insane!
so fresh and so good!
im still working on the dough recipie but for the most part it seems like its 1 egg to 1c flour
some recipies i found said to add some oil to the mix
the next batch i am going to add some spinich to the eggs and see how that comes out

imagine some of that awsome sausage you make and fresh pasta!
that would be off the hook!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.
I'm totally with you on the burgers. A great burger just stands on it's own with a slice of cheese. Some light condiments and maybe a slice of onion or avocado are great as long as you don't overdue it. My brother always insists on bacon but to be honest I think it takes away from a great burger. I love bacon and it's fine on an average burger but a great burger doesn't need it in my opinion. I got a new enameled cast iron grill pan recently that makes great burgers indoors. Grilled over charcoal is still my fave though. I love some in and out burger and wish they were in the Midwest. We do have a place called Culver's that has really good burgers for a fast food type place. They are made fresh to order and are really good.

That ratio of 1 egg to a cup flower is something I've seen a lot of in recipes. I am not a big fan of the taste of eggs and I'm on the hunt for a less eggy method. Adding spinach or herbs like basil is a great idea. I've got a few pounds of Italian fennel sausage in the freezer that my dad and I made a few weeks ago so I need to get cracking on the pasta to go with it. I should have time to experiment this weekend a bit.

As of this morning the lemon wookiee seeds have been in the soil for 48 hours and I'm hoping to see some sprouts soon. It looked like a couple were trying to pop up this morning but it may have been my imagination. I had 12/12 pop of the autos a month ago with same method so I'm hoping for the same good results. As soon as I see some up I'll do an update and take a couple pics.
Fiddynut is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2017, 11:07 PM #13
Rodehazrd

Rodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really nice
Hey sunny
Glad you joined in.
I too am owned by a dog she's a bichon and were attached at the hip if I'm inside she dances on her hind legs and waves her front paws. I think all bichon do that.
On pot size I think you can absolutely grow bigger plants in bigger containers. . I find plants potted up too big don't fill the pot with roots to take advantage of the extra space . I prefer a plant to grow into the pot before switch to 12 12 then there's more support system for more buds. Some folk pot up then go right to flower. The roots seem t o run to the edge and down leaving a lot of unused soil In the middle. So my answer would be bigger pots required longer veg time to produce more bigger buds. You choose faster or fatter.
Personally I don't much care if the yield is low on a strain either if I like it.
Outdoor smaller is always best. I break the stems all over to limit vertical. Most strains just form a knot there. Some were brittle and broke off tho.
Whatever your style were glad to hear about it and learn something. Maybe share some mistakes. I have plenty of those.
Rodehazrd
Rodehazrd is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2017, 11:12 PM #14
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond repute
oh man, that culvers place looks bomb
they have a really nice menu, i would try all of their sandwiches!

you could probably substitute water for egg and maybe add a little oil to give it some richness
i dont know what ratios that would be, but you can always add more flour or liquid to form your dough
i bet that sausage goes well with everything!
i would eat it with some nice potatoes or slice it thin and lay it on pizza
heck grill the sucker and serve it on some nice rolls
thats good eating!

i might have missed it, but what is the lineage of the lemon wookie?
ive always been a fan of the star wars strains, but this one is new to me

Old 01-21-2017, 12:08 AM #15
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
oh man, that culvers place looks bomb
they have a really nice menu, i would try all of their sandwiches!

you could probably substitute water for egg and maybe add a little oil to give it some richness
i dont know what ratios that would be, but you can always add more flour or liquid to form your dough
i bet that sausage goes well with everything!
i would eat it with some nice potatoes or slice it thin and lay it on pizza
heck grill the sucker and serve it on some nice rolls
thats good eating!

i might have missed it, but what is the lineage of the lemon wookie?
ive always been a fan of the star wars strains, but this one is new to me
Yes culvers is the best quick meal going around here. And the frozen custard is bomb as well. It's like super rich ice cream with a creamer texture. They are almost as as many around as McDonald's (barf). The breaded pork sandwich rocks too.

I've found a lot of egg and flour pasta recipes and a lot of vegan pasta recipes with just water and flour. I haven't found any that have less eggs so I'll have to combine recipes and trouble shoot or maybe use egg substitute or something. Straight egg and flour are just a little bit eggy for me but just water makes some bland pasta. Egg yokes have a lot of fat so I'd be adding some oil as well. The problem with oil is it lubricates the gluten and changes the texture so I'll have to play around with ratios a bit. I've herd of using buttermilk or something like that to get a similar consistency to the egg noodles.
The sausage is nice and mild and can be used for a lot of things. One of my faves is to take a pork loin and fillet it so it's a flat sheet of meat. Then I take some sopressata or salami and layer it on. Then I take some of the sausage and layer it on. Finally I put some mozzarella cheese in the middle and role it up and tie with string. Bake in oven or on smoker and you have a great roast with lots of flavor. It's called a Capone roast and it's really good.

Lemon wookie is lemon diesel x wookie. The lemon diesel is the Eugene, OR cut and wookie is Lavender x Appalachia. Apparently the wookie really amps up the terps and the trichomes. I've herd nothing but good things about this strain and the breeder so my expectations are high. Bodhi has been using the wookie male with a lot of success. We will see if I have as much success with the cross.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:44 PM #16
pop_rocks

oh man,that sounds good!

both the custard and the lemon wookie
i wish they had this culvers place here in ca, i like their variety and would have to try everything at least once
in the inland empire, there was this place called yellow basket that had an extensive menu like culvers
they had los of your typical fast food stuff, like burgers /chicken stuff, but also served bomb deli type sandwiches and had one of the ebst breakfast burittos

yeah makeing noodles from straight water would be kind of bland and might not give you the right texture
maybe try chicken broth and some oil, but like you said, you will have to work out the ratios

that pork thing sounds like this beef "roll" i get at one of the german butcher/ resturants by where i work
its flat beef steak with pickles, onions, and maybe olives(??) rolled up in it
i made one at home one day and it came out super good

so are you still covered in snow?
we have been having monsunal type rains here in so cal for the past week
its been crazy how hard its been coming down but now that im at home im really digging it!
great excuse to stay inside and light up

hope your weekend is off to a great start!

Old 01-23-2017, 11:05 PM #17
Rodehazrd

Rodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really nice
Oh those meat rolls sound good, big improvement on a london broil, I will have to try something like that. our kids just butchered a hog so sausage is in. He was acorn fed so should be some good meals coming up. I love pork way more than it likes me so slipping some flavor in a nice lean piece of beef sounds great to me and my gut.
Pop I feel for you and all the rain we have had 8 days of rain or at the least a drizzle. Im not calling for the deep freeze again but Sun would be nice. I think my Joke Synapse is starting to mould and get fuzzy.
We put a new batch of headband in the flower room along with some Bangi Haze. its ten weeks out from the full moon so we may harvest on a big moon for once. I never did get the bangi to thrive so I moved it along still got some more beans for summer if we just love it and two of the three clones made it. made room for my new 818 phenos. I plan to veg them 6 weeks in the 3 gal pots they just moved into, then give them two weeks in 7 gal pots before going 12 12.
I gave them all a little calcium nitrate and sugar water spray to get a little boost. Flowering room will get some seaweed spray next week. I still cant grok the desert diesel its gone cra-cra. grew so big so fast i had to move it to flower 5 weeks ago, the 818 and bangi not ready to go there yet. I hope we like it. amherst dieselXafgan diesel,

Fiddy if you ever go foliar you'll never go back,
sorry bout the Packers they had a good run to get that far.

puffin and passin
Rodehazrd
Rodehazrd is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:19 PM #18
Fiddynut

Quote:
oh man,that sounds good!

both the custard and the lemon wookie
i wish they had this culvers place here in ca, i like their variety and would have to try everything at least once
in the inland empire, there was this place called yellow basket that had an extensive menu like culvers
they had los of your typical fast food stuff, like burgers /chicken stuff, but also served bomb deli type sandwiches and had one of the ebst breakfast burittos

yeah makeing noodles from straight water would be kind of bland and might not give you the right texture
maybe try chicken broth and some oil, but like you said, you will have to work out the ratios

that pork thing sounds like this beef "roll" i get at one of the german butcher/ resturants by where i work
its flat beef steak with pickles, onions, and maybe olives(??) rolled up in it
i made one at home one day and it came out super good

so are you still covered in snow?
we have been having monsunal type rains here in so cal for the past week
its been crazy how hard its been coming down but now that im at home im really digging it!
great excuse to stay inside and light up

hope your weekend is off to a great start!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.
There are 25 culvers in Arizona but none in California yet but I doubt you will have to wait very long. They started here in Wisconsin and have been slowly working their was across country. The yellow basket sounds good. Not often you can get good hot sandwiches and cold ones at the same place. I had to look up inland empire as I'd never herd that before.

I've had beef roles like the one you describe before but haven't seen them in a long time. Gives me an idea for something I'd like to do with green olives and beef sometime. I've been too lazy to do a lot of cooking this weekend but did get to the Mexican grocery store and got a bunch of skirt steak for tacos yesterday. Kept it simple with steak onion avocado and sour cream. Also got some pork going to try tonight.

We are having strange weather this year for sure. We had record cold in late November and early December. We had a couple feet of snow but it all melted as we have had above avrage temps for a couple weeks now. This is the time of year we usually get cold spells where it stays below 0 for days but it's in the 40's and lots of rain. It's been nice enough to get some motorcycling done so I'm good with it. Also it's kept my humidity in good shape at 40-45% for the last couple weeks. Sounds like some serious rain you are having. I remember driving from Oakland to Tahoe one in some of the hardest rain I'd ever experienced and so much wind that it was blowing my truck and I was hydroplaning all over the place. Like you say it's nice to stay home and take it easy and have a nice smoke from time to time.

I hope you had a good weekend. Looks like we won't be watching the packers in the Super Bowl but they ended up having a much better season that it looked like they were going to. Atlanta was in a whole other class Sunday and they look to be on a role. With football almost over it's time to start looking forward to spring and I can't wait.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:45 PM #19
Fiddynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodehazrd View Post
Oh those meat rolls sound good, big improvement on a london broil, I will have to try something like that. our kids just butchered a hog so sausage is in. He was acorn fed so should be some good meals coming up. I love pork way more than it likes me so slipping some flavor in a nice lean piece of beef sounds great to me and my gut.
Pop I feel for you and all the rain we have had 8 days of rain or at the least a drizzle. Im not calling for the deep freeze again but Sun would be nice. I think my Joke Synapse is starting to mould and get fuzzy.
We put a new batch of headband in the flower room along with some Bangi Haze. its ten weeks out from the full moon so we may harvest on a big moon for once. I never did get the bangi to thrive so I moved it along still got some more beans for summer if we just love it and two of the three clones made it. made room for my new 818 phenos. I plan to veg them 6 weeks in the 3 gal pots they just moved into, then give them two weeks in 7 gal pots before going 12 12.
I gave them all a little calcium nitrate and sugar water spray to get a little boost. Flowering room will get some seaweed spray next week. I still cant grok the desert diesel its gone cra-cra. grew so big so fast i had to move it to flower 5 weeks ago, the 818 and bangi not ready to go there yet. I hope we like it. amherst dieselXafgan diesel,

Fiddy if you ever go foliar you'll never go back,
sorry bout the Packers they had a good run to get that far.

puffin and passin
Rodehazrd
Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
The beef roles I think pop_rocks is referring to is called beef rouladen. I haven't seen it in a while and just remembered the name now. Just did a quick google search and looks like there are plenty of recipes out there. Very German dish. Fresh pork must be amazing. I don't know a lot about it but I've herd that the breed of pig makes a big difference in the meat. Some of the heirloom varieties are more marbled with fat and stay juicier when cooked. Some nice sausage made with trimmings sounds great.
I think we could all use a sunny day or two. Cloudy and lots of rain for over a week here too. I don't mind the mild temps but I was starting to get use to winter and now it feels like early spring.
Sounds like you have a lot of good going in your garden. Good luck finding some 818 pheno's. With spring on the way I should be able to find the rock powders and more ingredients for gardening once again. Also will be experimenting with foliar feeding soon. I've got 8 lemon wookiee sprouted and they will get a little foliar feed once I find a good product. I'm a big baby about trying new things sometimes but I'm defiantly going to give it a shot.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:55 PM #20
Fiddynut

Quick update

I'm happy to report that all 8 LW's are up and standing. They all came up within 12 hours of each other. There were just a couple trying to poke up at the 60 hour mark and all were up by the 72 hour since planted. They just got there first watering today and are so cute.
Here are a couple pics.

Things will be kind of slow for a couple more weeks until these baby's get some leaves and start feeding off the light. Temps and humidity are good and I'd like to get these plants into bigger pots within a couple weeks. That's about it for now.
Thanks for checking out this grow...Fiddy.