What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any PS4/XboxOne fans? Pc gamers welcome too :)

Whoa hold on a sec.unless things have changed Xbox is the hardest to mod,so I wouldn't hold my breath,of course I could be wrong.I remember I tried to mod the first Xbox.they have special tools that you need to take it apart.fuck Microsoft. fucking pricks!

Ahh modding them isn't so bad. Yeah you needed a com port connection with a DIY cable for the first Disc emulator mods and you need some soldering skills if you want to put in a chip but they actually come (the chips) with little soldering molds now a days. A monkey could connect it even if he used a ball of soldering tin haha.

The easy thing about the PS3 mod is that it's a softmod (like on a Wii (in most cases) or on a PSP) which makes it seriously easy for anyone to do but they freaking took 500000 years to find out how to make the damn softmod lol.

So I wonder which security will fail first this time! haha

are you talking about using pirate games or modded controllers ?

Hey hey holdon, you don't just use modded consoles for pirated games. I actually use them as Media centers, Emulators for old games (of which I own 90%), play original games from backup discs because I don't want to screw up the original game (yeaaah people do that, I actually have sealed copies of Final Fantasy games that have never been touched, they just sit there in the box, it's geeky but I just love those games so it's merch! lol) and even better, you buy a game, rip it to a HDD and go on vacation or to your friends or whatever and don't have to drag 5000 games with you, just one HDD!
You can often run linux on it as well so that gives you a ton of options to do other stuff as well since it's pretty much just a computer then.

I'm not saying my moral compass points fully north, none's does. Everybody has, in their lifetime, atleast NOT BOUGHT a song from itunes but ripped it from youtube or whatever so I'm not saying it can't be used for pirated games but that's not the biggest deal for me.

All in all I see it more like rooting/jailbreaking my phone or installing a custom OS on my phone, just because it gets better if I do so. Will I void warrenty, usually not with a softmod but with a hardmod yes but I don't care cuz if it breaks I can repair it myself. Not that that ever happened to me though, the only thing that ever broke was my PS1 because the lazer was used to much lol, had to turn it upside down to play a game, that worked for a couple months then it failed and I had to replace it.

But I'm getting way off topic :p.

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
this is the first i have ever heard of people been able to mod consoles, the only thing i ever heard was my mates bro using pirated games on xbox even at that he had to tamper with it. other then that i have no clue :)

what i do know a bit about is modded controllers, bain of my existence playing COD muther fuckers really piss me off :)

JointOperation

the only thing i can say. is i was a pc gamer.. that went console gamer.. then back to pc.. so many more advantages for PC..

if you care about performance and graphics.. and more options mods and add ons.. PC IS THE WAY TO GO .

modding consoles isnt tough.. any decent computer dude can mod an xbox with a youtube video.. and the correct tools.

not to mention u can get a amd fx8350 8 core gaming computer.. for 500-600 bucks.. a few hundred more then a console.. and then if you need to you can upgrade it. if needed later on... but still a 8 core amd is all you need for 90% of the games.. as long as its backed up with atleast 8gigs ram. and a 1gig vid card your good to play almost anything..!!!

iuno i play CSsource... CS GO.. DOD Source.. and wen my new desktop comes in.. ill start playing BF4 and ARMA.

Yeah I kind of went from console to PC, to console and now back to PC again.
Most stuff is multiplayer now a days and unless i'm playing something hack and slash it's easier with a mouse and keyboard ^_^.

And indeed, pretty much anybody can mod a console, pictures and youtube videos of bricked consoles or consoles burned down are usually because they didn't read the instructions or where to cheap to buy the 2 dollar soldering mold and soldered a wire directly to the power source or something lol.

But yeah Greeen, ever heard of XBMC? The media center pretty much everybody uses now a days. That's literally called Xbox Media Center and was made for the original xbox. Once it was modded you could just install it and have a perfect home theater system hooked up to your TV and speakers and whatever you use for gaming :).
I have to agree with you though, a lot of people mod stuff to copy games, I do it to unleash the machine, make it run faster, better etc. (am I a nerd or what xD lol)/

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
yes i think were all a bit nerdish but im interested in what your saying:)

what can be done with the xbox one ?

im very low tech when it comes to things like this, that's why i like consoles the graphics im happy with and the game play is pretty good to. plus i get my sky tv i think that's like fox for you guys through my console for free. i like the way there more of an entertainment system these days .

The Xbox one isn't hackable yet.

I highly doubt it'll take long though, microsoft seems to focus on online verification of games (they did that in the past atleast) instead of making their console "unmoddable".

I think I haven't seen people boast about showing "Hello World" via their xbox one yet (that's usually how it starts, that means they can write a program in the console which means it will eventually be exploitable, or fail :p).
There are literally thousands of people trying to find errors in games and the unit itself they can exploit though so I doubt it'll be long before the first "next next next next Gen" console will be modable, be it the PS4 or Xbox One, I do not know ;).

If I hear something I'll drop a post though.

Are skytv and fox the same thing? I think we have both on cable here but I'm not in the US so idk.

shithawk420

Veteran
So a modded controller automatically gets head shots?you cheating motherfucks!!no wonder I couldn't figure out how I got beat!you slimy dirt bag mother fucking assholes!not directed at you guys of course!dammit now I'm pissed!come at me in a fair match you cheating pricks,I dare you!

Lmao yeah stuff like that is like turbo buttons and slow buttons used to be like. You're pretty much lowering the difficulty of the game lol that's a nice way to put it. You're pretty much just cheating haha.

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
ye thats it i feel the same way drives me crazy, there are way more cheaters on pc, they hack the game and can see through walls etc. so my mate tells me.

ever play COD and see some dude with a semi auto gun firing like an auto that would be the rapid fire.

H

Harley420

haha so the reason my kill rate is low, is because I am not crap at bf4 but cheaters using modded controllers ? haha

Cartel530

Veteran
no modded controllers dont give you auto head shots all it does is use a mini pcb and simulates the signal sent when you pull the trigger and it takes a semi auto to say a 3 shot burst or different rates of full auto but most games have a limit to how fast or it will lag your controller out and wont be able to shoot.

The modded xbox i called either a Jtag if its an older console but its more than likely what they call a RgH (reset glitch hack) they figured a way to break into the system using a timed reset to open menus and some other complicated stuff haha. consoles playing other consoles games has been around for a long time its called an "emulator" u can get them for atari, super nintendo, dream cast, shit any console you ever heard of basically.

I will poop on you in BF4 if you come into range of my MBT:moon::tiphat:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
1ms Monitors is the advantage most people dont know about.... They think... WTF there is no way.... I shot way before him..... its because of the monitor lag not internet..... Basically you pop up on the screen first

GOOD TIP!

1ms monitor + 1 Mbit connection (slow inet or slow server) = "Wtf, I'm sure I shot him first" lol, can boost the refresh rate all you want but latency is server or connection bound in most cases ;).

shithawk420

Veteran
No its not me lagging.my internet is fast.these fuckers are straight up cheating.if any of you bastards are listening I will show you what real skill is!I will fucking wreck you m8!COME AT ME BRO!but all kidding aside its morally wrong.I take my gaming serious.I've been playing since I was 2 years old.if you can beat me fair and square you got my respect.but that shit is like someone beating someone on steroids.its an unfair advantage and I curse a pox on thee to all cheaters

@Dr. Lol I know, I was just messing with you :p

@Hawk, people can cheat, if the game is exploitable and the company that made it doesn't do anything about it it will be done for sure.
I know playstation and microsoft banned people that got caught in the past, people playing MMORPG's CAN get banned for buying gold (with physical money), I actually saw a friend get banned because they "marked" bought gold and she was paid by someone with it. She obviously got unbanned because it had nothing to do with her but still.
There are a lot of games that aren't monitored though, private servers are even worse, some have anti-cheat checks but most of them don't so everybody runs around with auto headshot mode on lol.

I never really got the fun of it really, I'd get bored. You run around, "Headshot! Cool!"... 50 times later *Headshot! Yeah I think I'm going to play something else now" but hey, that's just me ofcourse some people just enjoy ganking people, camping in corners, waiting an hour doing nothing and shooting with certain kills just to climb the ranking ladder.

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh,those people are the worst!I would clear out the whole field,only to have some prick jump out and kill me after I did all their dirty work.By the way,my relative was a vice president of Electronic Arts.no lie.and my brother is a top ranked player in Smash brothers.I'm more of a classical guy,I still like the older games.All this new stuff only excites me if its something I haven't seen before.that reminds me.FINAL F ANTASY 15 IS COMING THIS YEAR!!this will be the best game this year.I just hope I get to play it.no ps4

Latest posts

Latest posts