What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are you Chasing CBD??

Huel Perkins

Veteran
Yeah... I get this. A couple points though.

#1 Harlequin is 8% CBD and 6% THC and only creates a deepening 'Mellow' effect at that ratio. No high or stone. People don't need insignificant levels of THC to achieve no high... even if they're extremely intolerant to THC.

Just a wee bit less THC than Harlequin, say 8% CBD and 4% THC and you probably won't get that background 'mellow' either.

#2 Mark my words... same as they're finding issues with extreme THC and no CBD cannabis, there will be problems found with extreme CBD and no THC cannabis. Time will tell.

Amazing new field of information... no? :tiphat:

Gonna be hard to convince me to chop early... just goes against everything I feel/know. lol

Keep it Clean! :D

I've read a million times how CBD doesn't get you high and how it actually blocks the effects of THC.... I'm not buyin it.

Lately i've been adding about 1.5 grams of my 38:1 Cannatonic (decarbed) to my daily fruit/veggie smoothies and trust me, it gets me high. I don't get blown out or too high to function. Thats only about 5mg of actual THC but somehow it keeps be buzzed for a good 6 hours. People focus too much on THC or other individual cannabinoids rather than just focusing on whether or not the plant/strain works for them.

I also believe some of these CBD strains contain significant amounts of other cannabinoids that we know little to nothing about that have a profound effect on us. For example, my Cannatonic regularly tests 14%-16% total cannabinoids but when you make BHO from it, it will yield 25%+ oil compared to the amount of flowers used. Most other THC rich strains will yield pretty close to their lab tested total cannabinoid value in oil. It makes me wonder what other cannabinoids are in that extra 10% yield in the Cannatonic oil. After all, they claim there are over 85 cannabinoids in cannabis but we only test for a half dozen of them...

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Haha 1.33:1. exactly. TCG, when the numbers are about the same on both sides, we just say 1:1. These are ratios. Not percentages. Technically one of the strains I was talking about tested at 7% and 5.5%. Still 1:1.

prune

Veteran
I also believe some of these CBD strains contain significant amounts of other cannabinoids that we know little to nothing about that have a profound effect on us. For example, my Cannatonic regularly tests 14%-16% total cannabinoids but when you make BHO from it, it will yield 25%+ oil compared to the amount of flowers used. Most other THC rich strains will yield pretty close to their lab tested total cannabinoid value in oil. It makes me wonder what other cannabinoids are in that extra 10% yield in the Cannatonic oil. After all, they claim there are over 85 cannabinoids in cannabis but we only test for a half dozen of them...

I've often wondered if CBDs predominate in structures other than the tall stalked trichomes, if they were to concentrate in the sessile trichomes their smaller size would mean a proportionately larger waxy envelope relative to the contents. That means you would end up with substantially higher amounts of gland envelope components (presumably waxes and oils).

Of course, if you include leaf matter in extractions you might just be dealing with a waxy phenotype...

Huel Perkins

Veteran
I can't say for sure where most of the CBD is produced but I would assume its I
n the larger trichome heads, same as the other cannabinoids. The buds still look very frosty, just like a typical THC rich variety.

picture.php

picture.php

psyphish

Veteran
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask my question in, but hopefully a moderator will move it elsewhere if it doesn't belong here.

My significant other and I are currently on a tolerance break, but we're both having pains of all sorts and I was wondering if ingesting CBD would ruin the break (or even help with pain)? I considered pre-vaporizing powdered bud or leaf material at about 160 celsius to remove THC and then smoking the vaporized plant material.

Do we develop tolerances for THC only or do tolerances develop towards CBD as well?

TheCleanGame

Veteran
I've read a million times how CBD doesn't get you high and how it actually blocks the effects of THC.... I'm not buyin it.

Lately i've been adding about 1.5 grams of my 38:1 Cannatonic (decarbed) to my daily fruit/veggie smoothies and trust me, it gets me high. I don't get blown out or too high to function. Thats only about 5mg of actual THC but somehow it keeps be buzzed for a good 6 hours.

Do me a favor and state the effects of your 'high.' I guess what I'm getting at is I consider a 'high' or 'stone' to be "Inebriating" as in negatively affecting my motor skills, depth perception, logical thought processing and so on.

The "Mellow" I get from harlequin has no fog, memory loss, logical though processing dysfunction or anything else so I don't consider it "Inebriating." Does it affect your mood? Most certainly! So do psyche meds, but people don't refer to the mood effects of psyche meds as inebriating. At least not usually.

Does that make sense?

People focus too much on THC or other individual cannabinoids rather than just focusing on whether or not the plant/strain works for them.
Definitely! Harlequin is not perfect for my head... but it's light years ahead of anything else I've used in the last 25 years. It has only a tiny bit of the effects on my head that are the same as most indica strains/hybrids I quit using years ago.

Now that I'm CBD aware, the hunt for a more sativa-dom, high CBD strain is on. Something that really grooves with my head, hopefully with a creative twist to it. :)

Huel Perkins

Veteran
Do me a favor and state the effects of your 'high.' I guess what I'm getting at is I consider a 'high' or 'stone' to be "Inebriating" as in negatively affecting my motor skills, depth perception, logical thought processing and so on.

Like i said earlier, I don't get blown out or too high to function. Its basically a euphoric feeling that is mostly felt in your body while remaining pretty clear headed, but it does have mild effects on your thought process. Its much different effects than a typical THC rich strain but there is still a definite effect you can feel...

knubs

so is there a good source in southern california for high cbd genetics yet? i've hit a bunch of people up and i haven't had any success unless i was willing to pay $300 for a harlequin clone...
i have one hand (lost my right a couple years ago) and i get some serious phantom pains some times. some strains help more than others, so i would like to try some high cbd medicine and see if it helps.

also what is with people and not sharing their strains? i mean, in cali it is legal for one medical patient to gift a clone or medicine to another medical patient, but yet people still act like we are dealing with heroin or something totally illegal like that...

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
One word Knubs,,, GREED.

There are some good people sharing, but the GREED is unending.

I find that helping when Ya can,,,, seems to come around, in the strangest ways, in times of True need.

This last year has been very tough, and I have been blessed a few times over this past year.
It is truly humbling.

Sorry, I got off topic, but things are turning around, and I feel blessed.

Peace & LoVe; 1TT

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Like i said earlier, I don't get blown out or too high to function. Its basically a euphoric feeling that is mostly felt in your body while remaining pretty clear headed, but it does have mild effects on your thought process. Its much different effects than a typical THC rich strain but there is still a definite effect you can feel...
So would you have a problem with someone using a couple grams and jumping into a car?

There's nothing in harlequin that I can tell would make something like that dangerous. Inebriation usually means danger when combined with heavy machinery... no?

High... stoned... motor functions affected? don't drive. Mellow though? Kinda what you want really. No?

Huel Perkins

Veteran
So would you have a problem with someone using a couple grams and jumping into a car?

There's nothing in harlequin that I can tell would make something like that dangerous. Inebriation usually means danger when combined with heavy machinery... no?

High... stoned... motor functions affected? don't drive. Mellow though? Kinda what you want really. No?

It all depends on the person. A regular cannabis user would probably have no problem at all. Another person with no experience with cannabis might be a danger to others on the road.

I remember the first time i got high, it was a joint of shit mexican brick weed shared with 4 other friends, and i was so smashed i could hardly walk. 25 years later, that same joint probably wouldn't even phase me. Same concept...

Latest posts

Latest posts