What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubblegum and Chronic closet grow

JARofHERB

Wow tokabowl..there looking great.With the reflectors now on the enviros, it looks like way more of the light is beaming at the plants indeed. Looks like you have good light penitration, and a nice even spread of light on the canopy now..

Tokabowl

Update

Update

The girls are now 5 days into flowering, here are some pics:

bubblegum:

chronic:

I also received the vaportek unit a couple of days ago:

This thing works wonders, and makes the place smell like a hospital ( i have the neutral refills), and no trace of weed smell at all (not that the plants smell very strong yet...).
Anywayz, im going away for 2 weeks (my housemate is taking care of the girls) so i guess the next update will be quite interesting and hopefully ill be able to show you guys some bud formation :grin:

Peace

G

The plants are looking good! I am a day or so behind you just started 12/12 and i have a serious bubblegum clone too. I am interested to see the chronic i am looking for something with a decent yeild for next grow and am considering it.
Goodluck with the grow! cant wait to see some buds.

Wow. Sweet.

Wow. Sweet.

Mooo bueno! The Chronic clones look so damn healthy. I'd really like to grow that strain so I can finally smoke some of it. I heard about it from high school kids for a lot of years (I was a teacher). When I returned to growing last year, that was one of the strains at the top of my list.

Are you cloning in soil?

How tall will your cloned plants be at harvest?

What size pots do you use when you start your clones?

What size do they end up flowering in?

Beautiful job. :cool:
Rev

Blackmelo

looking very nice indeed.
Was it just me or did a few of your leaves look purple at one point...? It then seems to have disapeared lol. Camera setting maybe?

your calculations about lumens seem quite accurate. minimum required lumens per square foot is about 3500 and optimum is 5000.

your beeing a bit optimistic on the yield you can achieve however imo.
Fluoros only give off half the amount of lumens per watt compared to an hid.
So if you have set yourself a benchmark of 1g/watt on and hid, the equivalent amount under fluoros will be 0.5g/watt.

Under optimal conditions you'd yield 150 x 1g + 400 x 0.5g = 350g, bout 12.5 ounces

So half of that... is about 175g or 6 ounces.

Last edited:
Blackmelo said:
looking very nice indeed.
Was it just me or did a few of your leaves look purple at one point...? It then seems to have disapeared lol. Camera setting maybe?

Hmm. Changing colors? Me thinks you're on drugs. :canabis:
I know what you mean. I'm trying to see some blue in my blue mystics. Another couple hits off my pipe and they might be blue. We'll see.
Rev :cool:

Trev

love this grow. its grogeous, you should pull atleast 6 oz's if not more, puting those envirolites in reflectors was a wise choice, not so many wasted lumens, and poo, you could pull 4 oz's with the envirolites alone, ive seen it done with a measly 250 watts of CFLS. definetly tagin me a seat for flowering, best of wishes.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Hey Toka, lookin' great!

Quick question for you - Where'd you get your small Vaportek unit? And if ya don't mind me asking, how much did it run ya?

treble

nice grow TokaD
what ever youre doing its working big time. the shades look like they make a big difference to the fluro's

You mention the smell a few times and you have 2 strains on the go.. was wondering if both strains are odorous or if its one of them.. and which one.....

I aks as I am preping for an bubble myself and wondering what its like

treb

Tokabowl

Hey guys hows it goin?
Finally able to connect to the net and post... Im still away on holiday so no pics for the moment, but word from my housemate is that the girls are doing great! They are now nearly 3 weeks into flower and apparently are showing a good start of bud formation. Man I can't wait to be back and check it out for myself only 3 days to go. Its a shame I havent kept this thread alive for the two weeks
ive been away, but be sure that when im back, there'll be plenty o pics and regular updates again! :sasmokin:

Rev: i got the clones from the local hydro store :biglaugh: , they were in 3"x3" rockwool cubes and well rooted. I have no idea if the mothers were grown in soil or hydro (noob as i am i forgot to ask :pointlaug ) but they seemed pretty happy once in the soil anyway... I put them directly into 15 litre pots, and they will finish in these same pots (no transplant whatsoever). As for the size they will finish at i am not sure... if I remember right, they were about 15" (maybe slightly less) when i set them into flowering (after just over 3 weeks veg from clone using LST) and i have read that they double or triple in height during flowering (usually double for clones, and triple for seed) so i guess they'll finish at around 30-40" :2cents:

Blackmelo: 6oz is roughly what i am expecting although more will always be welcome!

Trev: thanks man, yea im pretty confident as to what the enviros can achieve, saw them in action at the cannabis college in the dam couple months back, they had NYC diesel on the go and 3x200W red enviros seemed to be working just as well as a 1000W HPS :yoinks:

NiteTiger: you can find the small vaportek unit here: http://www.hydroponic-shop.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_55&products_id=89
(UK website) and it sets you back 80 pounds (bout 120dollars i believe). Ill be able to comment more on that when i get back as the plants are bound to smell a lot more.

Treble: again ill be able to comment more on the odour of the plants when i get back, but in veg and 1st week of flower, the chronic seemed to be smelling a bit more than the bubblegum...

Well that about sums it up, again updates with pics in about 3 days, take it easy

Peace
:joint:

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
Vaporteks work well from what friends have told me that use them..
Since they are LST'ed and the canopy is fairly even..I wouldn't think the stretch would be too bad..
15L(approx 4 gals) pots...thinking toes might be a little tight by the end..but might work out OK considering they are clones..
Right on Tokabowl...may they live long and prosper..I think you'll have a happy ending :wave:

sweet setup... looks ya puttin them cfls to good use now : ) freakin awesome . good job on lstin them, looks like the canopys pretty flat. ahh i cant wait till you get home and take some new pics.
oh yeah how many lumens do those envirolites put out ?

Last edited:

Tokabowl

:smoker:
Back at last! The girls are doing good, theyve changed alot. The bubblegum has stretched more than the chronics, and they all need a serious trim. they were watered alternately with nutes (pH 6.2 because of lack of pH up) and water (adjusted to pH 6.8). Tonight they need the nutes,they are real thirsty. The vaportek is working wonders, not a trace of smell anywhere in the area, but its definitely not taking any of the aroma away from the plant! The chronic is smelling a bit more and sweeter than the bubblegum, and thrichs are appearing on the small leaves (although we cant see shit with this camera... new one on the way v.soon for better shots :joint: ). The chronic also seems to be growing tighter buds than the bubble atm... I might also tie a few branches down again and try to even out the canopy a bit better now that most the stretch is over.
Anyways, enough talk here are the pictures of them as i found them when i got back:

--chronic--chronic--bubblegum-->

bubblegum:

chronic:

chronic:

chronic top:

bubblegum top:

bubblegum:

chronic:

and the lot again:

enjoy :lurk:

Ill most more pics later on once ive trimmed them a little and watered them and that...

Peace,
and
:smoweed:

Tokabowl

Here are a couple more pics just before lights off of day 24 of 12/12, ill hopefully get a bit better cam and post more pics tonight when lights are back on. There are more trichomes appearing on the chronics than on the bubblegum for the moment. They both have a really nice smell, the chronic is sweet, whereas the bubblegum smells a bit more spicy atm imo...

bubble:

chronic:

Safe

Tokabowl

Now day 25 in 12/12:

And here are some clones from the chronic:

(i hope they survive... i just cut off the lower branches of the plants before i went 2 weeks ago and thought, what the hell, and put them in a glass of water with a drop or 2 of Rhyzotonic, and to my surprise when i got back 2 weeks later, one of them had proper roots starting to grow,the1 on the left, and 2 were still alive, though there was no apparent roots...)

Hope youre enjoying the show :lurk:

Peace

way ta go toka. they are gonna be beefin up nicely in the comin weeks. how close are the enviros to the plants? they look like they can go just a lil bit closer to the plants. keep up the good work !

Laika123

Hello tokabowl!
I Think I have same genes that u have in that Bubblegum. I really love bubblegum! Check Out my 3 bubbles..

By the way your girls look soo nice:)

Last edited:

Tokabowl

Nice plants Laika! Ive never grown/smoked bubblegum before but they really are lovely plants :canabis:
Here are the pics of them 28 days --- bout 5 weeks left:

chronic:

bubblegum:

chronic top:

bubblegum tops:

I think i have a N def coming on, quite a few of the fan leaves are turning yellow, but i watered them with plain water yesterday so they wont get nutes for another 2 days at least... I have also spotteda couple of bugs, i saw something that looked like a black and white/yellow ladybird (anyone know what this is???) and also a couple of orange coloured insects, very very small, narrow and hardly more than 1mm long... there isnt ant apparent damage to the plants (not yet anyway...) but im gonna treat them by spraying them alternately with Bio Bizz LeafCoat and Bio Bizz BuzzOff asap. I have used BuzzOff before and it is great, and totally organic and ok for consumable plants :p
The chronics are already starting to be nicelely covered in cristrals (sorry bout the bad qual. pics... :badday: ) moreso than the bubblegum. They both smell great (although the vaportek is still working perfectly on lowest setting). They should start packing the weight on pretty soon... :canabis:

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts