What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yes I really live on an Island with a tribe of Natives

masamaaso

Veteran
sounds like justice to me... I am guessing there is a low crime rate, no?

if only the rest of the world had such common sense.

No crimes here dont happen often, mainly stealing chickens or livestock from each other and 98% of the time its fueled by alcohol, the legal stuff.

Okay Masa BIG QUESTION NOW lol can you get seeds?? shipped? lol In my travels I noticed that in certain places recieving seeds could be tricky for whoever is involved.. What is your mail like? Thanks agian kewl stories bra headband 707

No mail here, but i did find a green mailbox washed up one day ,funny ya ask ,we just did a "test run" but not seeds,,,not yet. A friend lives a few days boat ride north of here where they do have mail(sorta) a m8t in Scotland has sent me a small package with a t-shirt in it, the plan is for the parcel to go to him and when his boat heads this way he'll bring it with him, well it took 4 weeks for him to get it and when weather clears some he'll be heading this way, my buddy wants to send me some Auto beans..

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Great stories and picture Big Dog. really cool seeing another side of the world and a very unique place. Still waiting for that dirt bike story (unless I missed it in here)! I'm curious now :)

Any reason you're not doing huge sativa trees right out in the open? do you have any problems with sea air/salt water laden air coming in and wrecking the plants? same question with high winds.

You'd probably have great success with some haze leaning crosses. Maybe even find something that's columbian (still talking about herb here) that has that sativa structure but gives ya a nice stone too, if you're looking for that indica body high.

masamaaso

Veteran
Nice thread happy u posted this
So what happened to the dirt bike?
Sucks u can't get different strains
But it must be nice not having to live with our fucked up government now days huh?

Hey Joe,, ok so a few months after getting here I buy a chinese enduro off one of the small smuggling boats,,, a knock off of a honda 200XL, cool little bike great for getting around here. now please keep in mind this happened last year the following is not a current event.

I was on the other side of the island checking on the progress of a fish pen we're building for aquaculture, the sites about 20klicks from the house but ya gotta go over 2 mountian ridges to get to the other coast so it takes some time.
On the way back it started raining,, by the time I got to the top of the last ridge it had already rained there pretty hard,, I was about half way down the back side when the trail washed out from under the front tire and me and the bike went down the side of the ridge,,all looking like 1974 Evil Kenevil style, cept i was wearing flip flops.. (stuuuuupid)
Slid down the ridge about 40-50 feet and came to a hard stop against a tree,, all the way down my foot was stuck under the foot peg. Got the bike off my foot and knew i wasent gonna walk up the hill so I did the belly crawl up to the trail, got up there and it started raining again. Fuking Great, and I know with out question my foots broken,,,,(been there got several T-shirts and hats) and im bleeding,,great,,,fukin great..

Yer on the side of a mountian, on an island somewhere in the south east asian rim,,your foots broken your bleeding and the closest doctor is 4 days away,,and that would be a malaysian trained doctor,, not the choice id make if I had choices , but for the time being I need to figure a way offa this mountian and walkin out aint happening..foots starting to feel bad..
I need a fire,,big one ,, smokey

Started raining a bit as I was making my plans, I cut a few big banana leaves to use as a cover and sat under um thinking making sure what I had in mind was my only option.
With me I had a pack of Chinese smokes, a Korean made lighter a blob of hash, and my American express card (USMC issue K-BAR)never leave the hut without it..I sliced off a hunk of dead banana leaf and rolled it into a cone popped that blob of hash in it and fired that muther up, foot was starting to really thump..
Now comes the easy part,,, MAKING A FIRE IN THE RAIN

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There ya go,,,Only seeds Ive been able to get are Thai's, and it took several grows to learn their wants and needs and I only use one light,,,a big one, ive figured the season changes and with my lil tents i grow year round, rain and humidity are my biggest grow foes, this year we went from rainy season to a wet season and back to the rains,,,havent had a dry spell in almost a year. Yea hash is a breeze to get, it dosent come here it goes past here on the way to points else where, the guys carrying it stop here for water, fruit and some trading.

hey masa,

EDIT: I just read about your buddy trying to get some beans to you... IMO F' the Autos, there are much better alternatives... especially for the tropics and someone with limited resources such as your self, as autos just don't produce enough, and I imagine you need to make every resource count. Like I suggest later in the post... ACE and CBG for the win!

I remember reading somewhere in here how you make biannual trips for supplies... if you have any local friends when you take these trips, you may be able to have some beans shipped to their address via seedbay or seedboutique.com if you can reach some type of agreement with your friend. in which case, given your location and weather patterns... I would recommend looking at ACE & CannaBioGen seeds... they specialize in tropical Sativas and Indica hybrids of such, with much focus on minimizing mold and mildew for environments such as yours. I doubt pure and or Indica dominant strains would perform very well outside in your environment, as far as mold and mildew is concerned, without a proper greenhouse.

CBG highland nepal, and ACE old timers haze or one of their haze hybrids, come to mind... and should fair well outside even with your wet tropical climate.

I love watching ACE and CBG Sativa gear growing in the tropics where they truly belong!

Peace,
Infi

tamworthrope

There ya go,,,Only seeds Ive been able to get are Thai's, and it took several grows to learn their wants and needs and I only use one light,,,a big one, ive figured the season changes and with my lil tents i grow year round, rain and humidity are my biggest grow foes, this year we went from rainy season to a wet season and back to the rains,,,havent had a dry spell in almost a year. Yea hash is a breeze to get, it dosent come here it goes past here on the way to points else where, the guys carrying it stop here for water, fruit and some trading.

Nice, it's a start and you are learning valuable grow info for your climate. Booyah for working with what you have.:tiphat:

I agree with other poster who suggested some nice sativas would work well in your climate otherwise look to the Canadian growers/breeders. In the great northwest they grow some mold resistant indica hybrids. I'm not from there so I will defer to them for some recommendations but glad to help if no one else jumps in.
Good luck.

Organic joe

Hey Joe,, ok so a few months after getting here I buy a chinese enduro off one of the small smuggling boats,,, a knock off of a honda 200XL, cool little bike great for getting around here. now please keep in mind this happened last year the following is not a current event.

I was on the other side of the island checking on the progress of a fish pen we're building for aquaculture, the sites about 20klicks from the house but ya gotta go over 2 mountian ridges to get to the other coast so it takes some time.
On the way back it started raining,, by the time I got to the top of the last ridge it had already rained there pretty hard,, I was about half way down the back side when the trail washed out from under the front tire and me and the bike went down the side of the ridge,,all looking like 1974 Evil Kenevil style, cept i was wearing flip flops.. (stuuuuupid)
Slid down the ridge about 40-50 feet and came to a hard stop against a tree,, all the way down my foot was stuck under the foot peg. Got the bike off my foot and knew i wasent gonna walk up the hill so I did the belly crawl up to the trail, got up there and it started raining again. Fuking Great, and I know with out question my foots broken,,,,(been there got several T-shirts and hats) and im bleeding,,great,,,fukin great..

Yer on the side of a mountian, on an island somewhere in the south east asian rim,,your foots broken your bleeding and the closest doctor is 4 days away,,and that would be a malaysian trained doctor,, not the choice id make if I had choices , but for the time being I need to figure a way offa this mountian and walkin out aint happening..foots starting to feel bad..
I need a fire,,big one ,, smokey

Started raining a bit as I was making my plans, I cut a few big banana leaves to use as a cover and sat under um thinking making sure what I had in mind was my only option.
With me I had a pack of Chinese smokes, a Korean made lighter a blob of hash, and my American express card (USMC issue K-BAR)never leave the hut without it..I sliced off a hunk of dead banana leaf and rolled it into a cone popped that blob of hash in it and fired that muther up, foot was starting to really thump..
Now comes the easy part,,, MAKING A FIRE IN THE RAIN

Wow that must have sucked major ass but you having the military background im sure helped a ton obviously you made it alive and healthy but how did u make it back home did someone come looking for you? Or.did u make yourself a splint and a crutch and walk home?

Nice story tho I'd definitely like to hear more im sure u have alot of untold stories/ experiences left that haven't been heard yet

Thanks for sharing
Organic joe

Masa.. I purchased 10 acres on Tandag Mindanao. Yes I do plan on brining tons of seeds with me. I cant wait to move out there and get out of this concrete jungle. Again thank you for sharing, Patiently waiting for more.

masamaaso

Veteran
FirstTracks;5323192Any reason you're not doing huge sativa trees right out in the open? do you have any problems with sea air/salt water laden air coming in and wrecking the plants? same question with high winds..[/quote said:
Yup hand full of reasons, First few grows I was going for the bigger the better, had some 15 footer with 10 foot diameters, and watched as the rains came in and destroyed um, weather patterens are a bitch when ya need 8-9 months to finish a grow, yes I said 8-9 months,,Had one I let go for 16 months till I got tired of waiting and i needed the bucket for another plant.
So i started going 5 gal buckets and kept um down to 8-9 feet, but i still had the biggest bitch of um all hitting me in the head,,,HERMIES,,,80% every time pop 10 seeds all ten show fem traits till about 2 months into flower and BLAM 8 go hermie, so one day It hit me ,,the plants that seem "stunted" or just plain grow slow and stay short end up being the females,,enter 3 gal buckets....Now i keep um short no more than 3 feet high and the hermie rate has dropped by 50% i still get um but no where near as bad as it was, they also take to training really well. These fotos are from seeds off my last grow,odd seeds at that,,solid brown flat and oval shaped not round at all. when i keep um short like this I get much better bud,dencer tastier, the high is one of them jack you highs, dont smoke this and try for a nap,, wont happen, this stuff will make ya go find something to do, if i wanna take a nap i have to hit the hash pipe.
These were sprouted May1st

Attachments

• IMGP0035.jpg
    IMGP0035.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMGP0036.jpg
    IMGP0036.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMGP0037.jpg
    IMGP0037.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMGP0038.jpg
    IMGP0038.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMGP0044.jpg
    IMGP0044.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 37

masamaaso

Veteran
Strains?Just get some Baguio Gold or check out this old thread on growing in pinas...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=49138

Baguios pretty far away from here.

Masa.. I purchased 10 acres on Tandag Mindanao. Yes I do plan on brining tons of seeds with me. I cant wait to move out there and get out of this concrete jungle. Again thank you for sharing, Patiently waiting for more.

Good on ya lad, the PH peso is a strong currency these days.
Im sure by now youve figured out Filipinos have different ways of thinking and doing things,and if you dont speak any tagalog now its time to learn, rossetstone is the best investment you can make.

And to everyone else posting or just lookin in we say :thank you:
Skull where ya at man ????
more on the dirt bike story later,, theres a big ass cobra in my tool hut and he needs to go,i'll see about a foto or 2 but no promises when it comes to snakes, I'm not supposed to kill it but heeeeeey :biggrin:
Theres my "main man" going up a coconut tree to get me what i use as a sugar carb booster for my buds. his names about a mile long I call him Bearto (bear-tow) can ya see him up there ?? he's in all 3 fotos.

Attachments

• IMGP0248.jpg
    IMGP0248.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 34
  • IMGP0249.jpg
    IMGP0249.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMGP0250.jpg
    IMGP0250.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 37
S

SeaMaiden

I'm not supposed to mess with snakes anymore, after I got dinged by the rattler. I've never been around a live cobra, I think it'd be very interesting, if not kinda fun.

Me love de coconut!

So do you have a Generator? And how do you guys prepare fresh water? What do you use for fertilizer? do you keep a compost bin and worm bin?

Yes you are right I need to learn how to speak tagalog. Luckily my wife is PI so she will help me. My only concerns are I hope her family over there are some what connected to the cartel type. Not sure how they will like me coming out there and growing some of the BEST herbals out there. LoL... they may get a little upset. Should be ok I plan on living super low key.

I would like to know more about your aquafarm you talked about earlier?

masamaaso

Veteran
I'm not supposed to mess with snakes anymore, after I got dinged by the rattler. I've never been around a live cobra, I think it'd be very interesting, if not kinda fun.

Me love de coconut!

Sorry no snake foto this time,, there be others, that one was getting mean and didnt want to come out from behind a corner post and he's not gonna be able to stay there, so i had to kill it,,after the boys grabbed up the snakes body,,they'll take it to a big ant hill and lay it beside,,,couple weeks theres nothing left but shiny cobra bones and a cool lil skull, they'll make jewelry out of it, bracelets and shit,, then sell um the crews and passengers of the big yachts that stop and anchor in the calm inner waters of the islands.

So do you have a Generator? And how do you guys prepare fresh water? What do you use for fertilizer? do you keep a compost bin and worm bin?

Yes you are right I need to learn how to speak tagalog. Luckily my wife is PI so she will help me. My only concerns are I hope her family over there are some what connected to the cartel type. Not sure how they will like me coming out there and growing some of the BEST herbals out there. LoL... they may get a little upset. Should be ok I plan on living super low key.

I would like to know more about your aquafarm you talked about earlier?

Fresh water is in good supply from 2 small rivers and one big river that leads to the sea, really cool lil fishing village down there. we do boil it for the boy but I drink it right from the source and its never given cause for having to shit through the eye of a needle and of course the water i use for my plants comes from the one thats the furthest away and the smallest, but, always a but,,,but the Ph of the water up there is 6.0-6.5 never higher, so.....
Berto and I do a once a week trek with neck posts and a 5 gal on each end,we used to use the dirt bike now we gots to walk, as far as drinking water at the house we use the same as everyone else from the upper part of the other river cept mines fed by a 200 meter 1/2" flex pipe that gives plenty of pressure to fill a tank, i do have to be careful during rainy season.

The fish pen ?? works great and serves 2 purposes, gives the whole ville a chance to store enough fish so when its time for salting and drying they dont have to depend on just whats being caught at the time, and serves as a food supply at any given time, if theres nothing but corn or rice in someones hut they'll get the ok to paddle out and spear um a fish, and this is all their doings ,,,not me ,,not the W/M,,this is them they were doing this long before i got here.
I was out fishing one day didnt catch shit when i was headed back in i spotted the fish pen drifting,, minding its own business,,I kinda look over here over there ,,look a bit more and theres no one around I figure WTF,, slipped up along side and dropped a silver bucktail in it,,seconds later im bringing up dinner,, get back to the house my wifes got "The Look",, I look at her ,I says "what" she stabs the fish with her finger and says "You Didnt Ask"
Dam jungle has eyes..:tumbleweed:

masamaaso

Veteran
Wow that must have sucked major ass but you having the military background im sure helped a ton obviously you made it alive and healthy but how did u make it back home did someone come looking for you? Or.did u make yourself a splint and a crutch and walk home?

Nice story tho I'd definitely like to hear more im sure u have alot of untold stories/ experiences left that haven't been heard yet

Thanks for sharing
Organic joe

Yup sucked to be me at the moment, I Sat there for about an hour,,,thinking,,,puffin on the banana leaf chillum, hash was smoked ,,it was go time,, gonna be getting dark in 6 hours.
I did a nice ass slid back down to my bike and moved it around best i could to get it in a position that would work,,shame to, bike looked fine after the slid, bars might be turned out some, chain was still on it, tank and fenders took most of it,,,bike was fine,,dam shame to,,I kinda wished it got twisted up some going down.
Took my K-BAR out and commenced to slice up 2 brand new Yokohama Knobbys (dammit man,,they still had the side nubs on um) and the tubes,,layed um on the bike ,,,pulled the fuel line off the carb and let drain out on the bike, slammed a few holes in the tank,,, sparked up my Korean lighter and let er rip,,,,,,,
YUP
I torched my bike
Fire on the island is a big deal,,, A REALLY BIG DEAL. stories go that a fire DENUDED most the island a few 100 years ago and since they keep a watch during the season changes or when the sprit of the sky gets angry,, lightening strikes are high, so I know someones gonna be coming soon enough, just a matter of time now. Fire burned hot and dried up lots of ground cover for me to toss on it,,,when the tank and fenders started to melt is was a real Jimi Hendrix kinda thing,,,I was chanting ,,,purple haaaze, purple haaaze..
And come they did, about 4 hours later and 40-50 deep,, I was laying on the ground looking bad, I was muddy and hurt and looked it, so when the first hand full of guys showed up they glanced over at me and said something unknown to me and went straight over to put out the fire,they had their priorities. Now dig this,,,, by the time my wife and some elders showed up they wern’t interested so much in me once it was determined I was going to live,
They got REALLY upset about the fire, pissed is a better term,, and I know its gonna take a loooong time for them to get over this one,,,looooong time.

They get me back to the house and my wifes moms starts cleaning me up, foots looking like road kill stew and im feeling it, after the mud was gone I could see most of the damage to the foot and I knew what time it had just become.
I need to see a doctor,,, a real doctor.
Now comes the hard part.
Getting off the island and to a VA hospital.

S

swisscheese

That's a crazy story bad dog. What predatory animals are on the island where you had the crash? I could only imagine what was racing through your mind.

Organic joe

That's an amazing story man you should write a book about your adventures im sure u could sell a ton of them...
Did u get punished for starting the fire or was they just pissed but understood why u did it?
Did u end up getting a new bike or.other form.of transportation aside from your shoetabakers?
And I to would like to hear about your aquaculture project how does it work how'd it turn out?

Thanks again for telling us about you life and how u live it pretty amazing its something most of just just get to.day dream about

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Yup hand full of reasons, First few grows I was going for the bigger the better, had some 15 footer with 10 foot diameters, and watched as the rains came in and destroyed um, weather patterens are a bitch when ya need 8-9 months to finish a grow, yes I said 8-9 months,,Had one I let go for 16 months till I got tired of waiting and i needed the bucket for another plant.
So i started going 5 gal buckets and kept um down to 8-9 feet, but i still had the biggest bitch of um all hitting me in the head,,,HERMIES,,,80% every time pop 10 seeds all ten show fem traits till about 2 months into flower and BLAM 8 go hermie, so one day It hit me ,,the plants that seem "stunted" or just plain grow slow and stay short end up being the females,,enter 3 gal buckets....Now i keep um short no more than 3 feet high and the hermie rate has dropped by 50% i still get um but no where near as bad as it was, they also take to training really well. These fotos are from seeds off my last grow,odd seeds at that,,solid brown flat and oval shaped not round at all. when i keep um short like this I get much better bud,dencer tastier, the high is one of them jack you highs, dont smoke this and try for a nap,, wont happen, this stuff will make ya go find something to do, if i wanna take a nap i have to hit the hash pipe.
These were sprouted May1st

Damn I hear ya when I went traveling I seen the way the weather had changed and I'm now told it's polar ice melt .. I could see that most farmers are having a very hard time dealing. Unless you do a greenhouse to protect from the amount of rain that is going to fall in certain area's I can't see how they are going to last. There are going to be certain strains that do better then others but not with a constant downpour of rain. Yeah your going to need better strains lol.. I would start the plant inside on lights when it gets stronge(6inchs) I would transplant outdoors and see how that worked out. stay safe headband 707:)

masamaaso

Veteran
That's a crazy story bad dog. What predatory animals are on the island where you had the crash? I could only imagine what was racing through your mind.

Crocodiles and big Pythons top the list there,lots of um on the back side of the island where 2 small rivers empty into the sea,,,we're heading over there in a few days if the rains slow i'll take the kodacrome with me, wild crocs seem to be foto whores everything gets their attention, but ive only seen 1 big python since ive been here and it was a big mutha just got done eating a full grown goat, they wont kill it they relocate it,, as to not anger the spirit of the snake, remember I told ya,,,everythings got a spirit, and its hard not to goof around and joke a little with it,till someone catches ya and everyones eyeballin ya.

Natures eliments can be dangerous too
tall grasses that'll slice your hands and legs open like a fish,, giant black bees,,not wasps,,bees big as a bird and black as night, ive sat (stoned) watching um,that stingers gotta be 3-4 inchs long, plants that if ya rub against yer gonna get a nasty ichy rash for 3-4 days and the really cool looking plant that smells like dead animals,,not dangerous ,just smells like decaying flesh and everythings got a thorn,,big thorns lil thorns,,any body ever dig out bamboo shoots ???? tasty tender little morsels,,, if yer ever asked to help dig,,tell um ta piss off, yer being set up, lil thorns are like hairs and theres millions of um and can get real uncomfortable.

That's an amazing story man you should write a book about your adventures im sure u could sell a ton of them...
Did u get punished for starting the fire or was they just pissed but understood why u did it?
Did u end up getting a new bike or.other form.of transportation aside from your shoetabakers?
And I to would like to hear about your aquaculture project how does it work how'd it turn out?

Thanks again for telling us about you life and how u live it pretty amazing its something most of just just get to.day dream about

Hey Joe...Punished no,,pissed YOU BETCHA, that was almost 2 years ago and it still comes up,, a lot....
Havent goten another bike yet, and not for lack of inventory,,soon as word got around i crashed my bike every smuggler in the area started having one n board, i'll get another after the rains. bounce back one page for the fish pen info...

PART III, i think..

Weathers for shit ,so ships arn’t stopping,,,the smugglers are staying close to shore line and not making any “crossings” meaning to another country, and money wont sway um in bad weather, not that id wanna cross open seas in a plywood boat..so getting off by sea is out, only one way,,and it’s dangerous and costly… a 3-4 day boat ride through the protected waters of the archipelago is an island with an airstrip and for the right price and conditions it is possible to get a plane from one of the mines that are located on that island to ferry someone or thing to the mainland of several countries who claim the area as theirs,,,, which country you go to depends on how much money ya got, we’ve dealt with them twice in the past to get some things here that didn’t need to be discussed with “others” so I know what Im getting into, and I know its gonna cost more than first agreed on, seems the price goes up at the last minute, but I got no choice, I take with me a brand new Weatherby tactical 12 gauge in a soft tac bag, 500 Pounds Sterling,1500 US dollars and 600 euros where
im going is like jumpin into a pit full of vipers so it pays to have a little mongoose in ya..Foots taking the shape and color of a football, Its time to roll.

I fashioned a set of crutches together and we make the 2 day trip over the mountains to a fishing village on the back side of the island where I bartered 4 small pigs into a 3 day boat ride to “Danger Island” that’s right ,I said danger island, the name the locals call it.
It’s a mining island run by cocksuckers who take an island like that and mow the mountains down like grass and when their done they leave an unlivable unusable spot of contaminated land and waste water then move on to the next island(don’t get me started).
Anyway to protect the investments of the a-for mentioned cocksuckers, there’s a military detachment commanded by a fat little bald piece of shit, who can be reasoned with,, but a fat bald piece of shit who runs the island like a little dictator nun the less.

We got to the airstrip the morning of the 3rd day the boat crew stopped and dropped me and left quick and of course I was greeted by 5 armed assholes who couldn’t shoot their way out of a paper bag, they relieve me of my things and take me to the airstrip compound where im led in front of the good commandant, who when I entered his office he first glanced at the gun case his guy was holding and to my foot and showed concern,, sent for a medic who came in and made the bold statement “ ITS BROKEN” (fukin Einstein) he rolled out and I used the low in the moment to present to fat ass the gift I brought for him and motioned toward the gun case, which was now leaning on the wall behind his desk, telling him how I remembered how he was an admirer of fine firearms and how this would make an excellent addition to his gun rack(rack behind desk,, mostly automatic weapons, 2 of which are exotics) Now was the time to tell him what happened and why I was there and begin kissing some serious ass while doing so reminding him that I knew how important he was to the operations of the mines and I knew he was the man to come see to get things done,, yea kissed his fat ass all over ,,didn’t miss a spot,, I needed this mutha fuker.
Foots starting to look like a rugby ball and I cant feel it no more.