What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Selling back to clubs?

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Diego.. :yes:

OK , but if medi. users in cali. can grow their own dope,, then the DEA doesn't come into it,,, does it?? :chin:,, when the DEA roll up,, tell them to "*&%^ off".

Please explain... you guys aren't making sense..

Last edited:

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
DocLeaf said:
Q: How much does a lid (oz) of Cheese (skunk#1) cost in a clone club these days?

+

(off topic)-Q: How much does a OG Kush clone cost? ,, in bucks.

One ounce of good quality flowers at an average dispensary= $450 USD

Average clone price= $15 USD each. (one clone)

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
DEA will bust you regardless if you have a Valid California Doctors Rec or not. They do not play by the states rules...they are feds. If you have less than a butt load of plants, they'll give your case to the locals. The local DA may or may not drag you through the court system. In my neck of the woods ( Southern Cali) the locals don't give a shit about the state law. They'll drag your ass into jail, tear up your house, maybe shoot your dog even if youre within the limits ( 6 mature plants OR 12 immature). The DA will most likely drop charges if your rec is valid and you have 12 plants but that doesnt fix any of the damage done or get you back your prized genetics.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When it comes down to specific strains helping to relief specific aliments then sure dispensaries hold a function to the wider medi. community. Usually specific cultigens are maintained by clone, at which point there is no reason why medi. users wishing to grow that specific strain shouldn't be encouraged to grow their own (considering they are allowed to).

I fully agree with what Hydro-Soil says,, and support that 100%

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree,,, one love :canabis:

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grow Tech said:
DEA will bust you regardless if you have a Valid California Doctors Rec or not. They do not play by the states rules...they are feds. If you have less than a butt load of plants, they'll give your case to the locals. The local DA may or may not drag you through the court system. In my neck of the woods ( Southern Cali) the locals don't give a shit about the state law. They'll drag your ass into jail, tear up your house, maybe shoot your dog even if youre within the limits ( 6 mature plants OR 12 immature). The DA will most likely drop charges if your rec is valid and you have 12 plants but that doesnt fix any of the damage done or get you back your prized genetics.

That sucks,, I forgot you folks have an f-d up nazi system in place... don't ya. (county, state, fed n all that).. sorry my mistake.

that's just stupid :crazy:

peace out :joint:

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
mrred said:
sure medical mj has benefits, but why do i need my permission to do something that effects no one else but me, its my life, fuck them, i dont need their permission, its all or nothing the way i see it

welcome to the real world young grasshopper. unfortunatly you will be stepped on before you take your own step.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Hey Doc,
Yeah, it's a messed up system! On a positive note...California kicks ass when it comes to availability of great genetics. I recently turned down a FREE SR71 Purple Kush cut ( well know & respected cut) just because I need to keep within my plant limit #s and the supplier couldn't tell me the SR71 was any better than my current Blackberry Kush mom.

I'm a SoCal Native and proud of it...but a good med scene shouldn't be confused with a "perfect" med scene

G

Greyskull

DocLeaf said:
That sucks,, I forgot you folks have an f-d up nazi system in place... don't ya. (county, state, fed n all that).. sorry my mistake.

that's just stupid :crazy:

peace out :joint:

fuckin aye its crazy. why do you think we roll the way we do?
thats why i get a little offensive bro... its just stupid.

keep doing your thing!

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
just remember that giving seeds away,,,and giving herb away two entirely different things,,,,

i could give out a 100,000 seeds to patients all over the world. but if they don't know how to grow,,, what good does it do??

there are seriously ill patients that cannot afford cannabis,,and do not have the strength to cultivate it either,,, and for those they deserve free quality cannabis.

most patients that truly need it,,,but are not as seriously ill will produce for themselfs.

the people who have their liscense so they dont need to get harassed by LEO are the people that have jobs and families and usually can not grow their own, so they buy from dispensaries.

it is a shame that this is the process. i really will never understand our governement. instead of a few main suppliers providing quality ensured cannabis for the entire med community,, they want every grower to grow their own? this is such a dangerous thing because most patients who will start to grow will know little-to-nothing about growing or the security risks associated with growing ((i.e. theft,, federal agents,,, electrical hazards,,etc..)) not to mention spider mites,, powdery mildew,,or an entire array of other problems that can arise.

Like I had told the city council;

"We do not expect patients to research and produce their own pharmaceutical medication, so why should we expect seriously ill patients to learn how to properly cultivate their own medicinal cannabis?"

do what you can,,help all along the way,,and always stay safe because it is a wild world that we live in....

BhT :joint:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The mrs and I got busted . Cost us over 20k to defend ourselves. Case got tossed in the end beause our med papers were valid. But they drug us through the courts. Ruined our crop, and caused us a whole lot of heartache and fear. Instead of thinking about how Im going to retire now im worried about how I will keep my house. So If your supplying a med club and want to do it for free. Have at it .... but untill we are safe I dont see it going that direction.

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
DocLeaf, the Cali med scene is not the paradise that some portray it to be. My son is dying of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, but has a felony for growing pot, because he had more plants than the politicians thought he should have and the cops were cross sworn as DEA agents, so that they wouldn't have to obey California law. The law under which he was convicted has been declared unconstitutional. Here is the states, the Feds use money for cop toys as a lure to get local police to join the Feds in their witch hunt on cannabis. It creates a conflict of interest between cops sworn to uphold state law and the people who hired them. The feds are being sued, but it will be a while before we learn anything about that suit.

Growing outdoors in SoCal is hazardous to your health. The cops have choppers patrolling overhead and ,even though you may be legal, they will bust you in a heartbeat. Their attitude is bust you, tear down the grow, confiscate the equipment(and anything of value they can get their hands on) and make you prove in court that you are legal. After spending thousands of dollars on legal fees to prove you weren't guilty, you lose the incentive to grow again. That is the way the cops like it.

Compassion is a great thing, but there are few people willing to risk their freedom, their livlihood, their family,their constitutional rights and possibly their lives to help a few sick folks. Those who do are either stupid or saints. The med clubs are rip offs, but until there is legal protection for the growers, the price won't come down. It is just too profitable for the clubs, the cops and the legal system. It is a game that the system plays and the cops/politicians usually win and the growers usually lose. In reality, we all lose. Our constitutional rights are eroding, the sick are dying and the taxpayers are being bilked out of billions to support the incarceration of their friends and neighbors.

Compassion is a great thing. Unfortunately, it often comes with a very high price tag.

W

Whatever

Always interesting to see this conversation...which gets repeated often...and really sounds like a broken record. To those that want to give it away go ahead...I've done that when I could...more power to you. I've seen many instances where straight up legal med growers in Cali had problems from all levels including DEA, FBI, sheriffs and local enforcement so completely understand why so many are hesitant to grow and the safer thing is to buy. I got a taste of the FBI/sheriff thing and what a frikkin mess. The biggest issue I've seen in some counties is with local enforcement and not federal level stuff...even for people who from what I could gather were within guidelines. Many people plain and simply do not want to grow, for whatever reason, and look to others who in my opinion should be FAIRLY compensated for their efforts especially under the current conditions that prevail.

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
i don't think i could let a lb go for less than 3k unless its some crap.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
C21H30O2,
are you the big dude i was chatting with about our mutual love of cannabis over at harborside last week? if so, major props to you for getting that chemical formula tattoo!
just to throw my hat into this ridiculous ring: docleaf's from the UK where, in a similar fashion to the rest of the civilized world, healthcare is a right and not just a privilege. As such, his perspective may be slightly askew relative to us here in the Cali med scene. So asking him whether he thinks drug companies should give away their prescription of choice is a non-starter. Love ya, Doc.
On to pricing: it's called the flood and the drought. Outdoor kids flood the market from September through May, depending on how the season went and who got caught. Still, real quality shines through. Learn your market and cater to it. If they only want purple, grow purple. If they only want kush, grow kush. Just do it better than your neighbor.

G

Greyskull

humble1 said:
Learn your market and cater to it. If they only want purple, grow purple. If they only want kush, grow kush. Just do it better than your neighbor.

thats the best roadmap to a med grower's success I have ever seen.
K+

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
humble1 said:
So asking him whether he thinks drug companies should give away their prescription of choice is a non-starter. Love ya, Doc.

No it's not. Someone has to pay for it, national healthcare or not. So, every prescription filled under national healthcare are dollars that could be used in the community. So it is certainly relevant to the discussion.

T

theBluntedOne

the clubs in LA and socal pay about 2300 a p and will buy up to 60 packs at a time. "heard of" 100 packs change hands but that was up north

Bulldog11

Veteran
Thanks goes out to the people who actually answered my question and didn't throw a tantrum. I figured that the clubs didn't pay any higher than 3500 for the best kill in town. However, I thought that they would pay 2000 for some mid-grade outdoor. Any more info on the matter would be great.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Talked to my folks, said they got 2800 for a elbow of some top notch outdo.