What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Selling back to clubs?

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Inevitably when people start growing for profit,, the quality of their produce gradually declines. Fact ,, in any crop,, the world over!!!

You are missing the point,, if/when homegrowers were FREE to grow FREE meds for FREE medi users,, then who needs to worry about how much it costs? dealers, rah rah rah,,, We can fill up glasshouses... erb is a plant!!

Giving medi. community the tools to grow their own is a MUCH better idea IMO... that's why I n I gave away 10,000+ seeds already,, ask about

Loose the attitude and we'll come back and chat with you some time :wave:

All the best..

Last edited:
G

Greyskull

dude you are way off point coming in here with your bleeding heart crap. its a cold world. this thread isn't about "free", the thread is about selling back to the clubs.

toodle do

edit: seriously go to the store have them gift you some common sense coming in here knowing this is a commercial minded thread.

Last edited:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shit, ill buy your meds for 3500... bring them to doctor carter...

Last edited:
G

Greyskull

WHERE I AM WHAT I AM DOING IS 100% WITHIN WHAT IS DEFINED IN PROP 215 AND IS BACKED BY ALL THE PROPER LEGAL & MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION.

edit: I see you lilwayne we know.

seriously doc i totally see your point and where you are wanting things to be going but I (and many other like me not posting) am risking my freedom here dude because some group of rich assholes wants to say what is federally considered medicine and what is not. When the laws change my job responsibilities will change as will my means of providing for my family, though surely cannabis will play a part in it. You may have given out many seeds but if you want to make things a pissing match I've changed many of my quadraplegic patients' bedpans while on delivery to them, all the while risking my freedom... so what?

I wish the world we live in was different but it is what it is I am just doing my thing trying to make it a better place for others not so fortunate. Which is probably what you are doing....

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greyskull said:
dude you are way off point coming in here with your bleeding heart crap. its a cold world. this thread isn't about "free", the thread is about selling back to the clubs.

Yo,, I'm a medi. user,, a medi. supporter, and a medi. activist,, :canabis:

Selling back to clubs would be considered a callous occupation where I'm from,, much the same as it would be to sell a clone to a medi user,, wtf,, we guess it must be a cultural thing.

Who knows,, you folks are paragons in such matters,, having licenses and legislation and what not,, which allows ppl to use the medi. community at vast profits must be a real privilege to someone,, but does it really help the community?

Please enlighten us...

Last edited:
G

Greyskull

WHAT PART OF RISKING FREEDOM IS NOT GOING THRU YOUR THICK SCREEN?

Are you trying to say you are better than me because you risk your freedoms for no financial compensation? I WON'T PLAY THE MARTRY CARD.

I am rocking this right now just for you... a little TOOL for you. Wish we could upload youtube

"He had alot to say.
He had alot of nothing to say.
We'll miss him.

So long.
We wish you well.
You told us how you weren't afraid to die.
Well then, so long.
Don't cry.
Or feel too down.
Not all martyrs see divinity.
But at least you tried.

Standing above the crowd,
He had a voice that was strong and loud.
We'll miss him.
Ranting and pointing his finger
At everything but his heart.
We'll miss him.

No way to recall
What it was that you had said to me,
Like I care at all.

So loud.
You sure could yell.
You took a stand on every little thing
And so loud.

Standing above the crowd,
He had a voice so strong and loud and I
Swallowed his facade cuz I'm so
Eager to identify with
Someone above the ground,
Someone who seemed to feel the same,
Someone prepared to lead the way, with
Someone who would die for me.

Will you? Will you now?
Would you die for me?
Don't you fuckin lie.

Don't you step out of line.
Don't you fuckin lie.

You've claimed all this time that you would die for me.
Why then are you so surprised to hear your own eulogy?

You had alot to say.
You had alot of nothing to say.

Come down.
Get off your fuckin cross.
We need the fuckin space to nail the next fool martyr.

To ascend you must die.
You must be crucified
For your sins and your lies.
Goodbye..."

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No I never said that.. :friends:

The thread title and motivation behind it seems a little deranged to us,, that's all.

Peace out.

G

Greyskull

I hear ya DocLeaf. Its wacky all the way around, for sure.
Keep up your good works.
:friends:

Aloha

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool dude :wave:

We always had a romantic image of the Cali Club scene,, much like this extract on Todd McCormick:

Todd's life is his work, his work being the education about and propagation of an herb he personally knows eases suffering and saves lives. Money never crosses his mind. To call Todd (as I'm certain they will; I haven't heard a single press report yet) a major drug dealer is particularly absurd in Todd's case: Todd was buying marijuana from others for his own medicinal use as late as last week. Not that Todd hasn't harvested some marijuana at his house. It's just that Todd is hopeless with marijuana: he gives it away to sick people the second he gets any. He is simply not to be trusted.

source: http://www.november.org/thewall/cases/mccormick-t/mccormick-t.html

But like you say GreySkull,, capitalist society isn't always so sweet,, or practical,, besides Todd's gang are all loaded ($$$)..

We'd still encourage growers to lower the profit/cost on medi. users.. please :canabis:

Peace Peace Peace

G

Greyskull

I now about the inflated pricing and do try my best to keep things right. In doing so I have a friend mad at me because I am not charging $5200 for an LB of Bubba.... craziness.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I believe that growing for money, as far as the cali med scene goes, actually raises the quality of the herb. It is a competition to have the best out here, if it aint the best quality then the clubs will pay you less, so it actually keeps the herb at its highest quality. Other places where herb is more scarce however, it may lower the overall quality of the bud as they just look for high yields, not in cali... We want the best most firest bomb digity we can get, thats what sells here, so thats what the people who do this as a living try to bring to the table. Visit Cali sometime and you will NOT be disapointed by our quality buds in the clubs.
Oh yeah, and if you want weed to be DONATED to the clubs, then why dont you move out here and donate some? Or convince some rich hobby growers to get grow licenses and do it. Growing takes electricity, water, medium, nutrients, and TIME to grow, who has extra of any of this laying around? By SELLING to the clubs they are being reimbursed for a service, its business, but unlike other businesses the med growers are taking huge risks and could face time for what they are doing in federal prison. I dont see how you could see the reimbursement they get as unfair or unjust, providing a service that benefits the sick and doing a damn good job of it... Also, every cali med patient is allowed to grow there own, why they dont? Maybe they dont have the TIME? Maybe they cant afford the MATERIALS? POWER BILL? It all comes back to the fact that there is no free service, someone is paying for everything, our medical patients deserve the best, and it costs to make the best. Until your ready to come and grow your magic free super weed and then give it away I would not talk down about the people who are actively bringing about a service that others are scared/unwilling to do. Oh wait you cant, you dont have the MONEY.

M

mrred

if you grow outdoors it could be about 10 bucks a pound easily. if it went real commerical i dont see why a special combime four harvesting buds could drop the price to 500 per ton easily but im guessing most would come in prerolled for like a dollar a pack

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The fam we rep. is LGA (Local Growers Association) ,, with an emphasis on the word local :D Supplying medi. clubs in Cali. with ganja aint my business G!! :wink:

GET MO said:
Also, every cali med patient is allowed to grow there own,

We'd rather support that idea ,, have done with seed donations in the past,, and will continue to do so in the future :dance: one love :canabis:

GET MO said:
why they dont? Maybe they dont have the TIME? Maybe they cant afford the MATERIALS? POWER BILL? ...

Good question,,,

Time - sure thing,, time is one thing,, although having managed commercial gardens in the past , we'd have to admit that it does really take that long,, now does it. water into can onto plants. It's not exactly rocket science .. even when using lamps indoors ,, we've met idiots that can do it ..lol

Materials - cost next to nothing,, soil, seeds, sunlight, that's all that is needed to grow high-grade dope. :wink:

Power Bills?? - Surely in California Medi. growers can still grow outdoors... can't they? (unlike over here where the weather isn't quite acclimatised to cannabis just yet.. lol).

Some medi. users are physically disabled , and are obviously prevented from growing their own dope. In this case then sure it would be advantageous for them to be able to source a reliable, clean supply of high-grade meds :yes: dispensaries facilitate this at least :yes:

Two words that may help clarify what I was trying to say before...

Marco Renda

.. soldier if there ever was one,, he managed to donate meds ,, for FREE, while pushing overheads onto those that could afford to pay. worked both ways,, until the narcs busted him :no:

There will always be people that can afford to buy their meds,, but we just don't see why this should necessarily happen at the cost of those that can't pay, that's all. This isn't really what cannabis culture is about,,, although sadly the way it seems to be heading.

Peace n love
DocLeaf :joint:

n.b. please loose the hate-players,, it's like water off a ducks back. This is a very interesting debate for a duck sitting on this side of the pond,, please keep it civil ,,and in the least please help enlighten me about the medi. mj scene on yo sides .. I'm from England ,, peace out

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK,, let's pull things back on track...

Q: How much does a lid (oz) of Cheese (skunk#1) cost in a clone club these days?

+

(off topic)-Q: How much does a OG Kush clone cost? ,, in bucks.

Please don't leave us hanging,, i got my calculator out ready to do the maths :wink:

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Growing outdoors in Cali is not wise at least in most of the southern 1/2 of the state. Most quality meds you see at the co-ops are indoor grown.

When you step indoors, the skill level needed to produce good quality jumps IMO.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grow Tech said:
Growing outdoors in Cali is not wise at least in most of the southern 1/2 of the state.

How come? Theft? How did they do it in Humbolt? Haze Brothers, Sam Skunkman,, people always suggest that the dope was stronger back then?

Thanks. :D

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
mrred said:
if you grow outdoors it could be about 10 bucks a pound easily. if it went real commerical i dont see why a special combime four harvesting buds could drop the price to 500 per ton easily but im guessing most would come in prerolled for like a dollar a pack

Yep..... we have an entire industry in the U.S.A. that turns out 100% grade A SHIT-Tobbacco products.

Wouldn't take but a bit of tweaking of their equipment and some ingenuity to get them to grow a whole bunch of 100% grade A SHIT-Cannabis products.

No thanks :)

I'll stick to personal grown, super high-grade medical cannabis for MY medical needs.

The dispensaries were a WONDERFUL change, but growing your own is still soooo much better than even that.

Please sell better high grade to the clubs if you can. Be discreet and be SAFE!

Thank you!

:rasta:

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Theft by either rippers or police. Much of the area in southern Cali is very high density, hard to have a plot of stinky growing outside without it being noticed. Humboldt is at the far northern end of the state where population density is way down and police are more lax...and they still target that area for CAMP.

I agree that outdoors is the way to go if you can but I'm willing to bet that most people won't be able to produce the picture perfect nugs most clubs call "A" grade. Insects, wind, hard rains, mold that follows, greater occurrence of PM etc etc...they all impact the quality.

A monkey can grow hemp...but it takes skill and dedication to grow truly fine meds IMO

Diego

Docleaf, a clone of any of the elite strains run from 7-20$ in the state of california. With so many clubs here it can be hard to get an exact average. I wouldnt pay more than free nowadays, but thats me.

As for how sam the skunkman and the haze brothers did it in Humboldt was they were some of the pioneers of outdoor growing here. The DEA here in the states spends most of its money for marijuana budget in the state of California.
http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/programs/marijuana.htm
The dea understands how outdoor growers work now. Its not that hard to figure out who a med patient is here. Don't get me wrong, there is still a lot of outdoor growing here. However, the scene here is inflated. Think about it, for 30-50 years Humboldt has been known for its weed. They used to be known for the Marine Biology classes.
Humboldt now looks like Disneyland for stoners. Its full of wannabes, hipsters, thieves and just not my typical croud.
Humboldt definately isnt the growers paradise it once was known for.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Doc, c'mon now, your reasoning is flawed.

Name me one other professional that gives away their services away for no compensation. Should the doctors treating these patients give away their service too? It'll be much better for the patients if the supply dries up because there is no one dedicated to producing top quality meds, right?

Why aren't you complaining about the price of prescription drugs? I recently got a prescription filled after my insurance ran out, and it cost me over $300. It'll last me a month, about the same cost of an ounce of quality green. The cost of the medically approved MJ substitute is close to $1200 dollars. The cost of my son's growth hormone is over $8000.

Why are you not active on this?

Now, if we're speaking about in the future, I agree. I'd love to see MMJ treated as a medicine, meaning it would be covered by insurance.

But as of right now, you're asking people to risk, potentially, the rest of their lives for helping patients have top quality medicine, with absolutely no remuneration? C'mon man, that's crap and you know it.

Would you do your job for free?

Latest posts

Latest posts