What's new

twitter just permanently banned donald trump

igrowone

Veteran
deadbeat don ain't got the money for it,and i doubt anyone wants to pony up the cash for the lying fake news network or babies hurt feels twatter
it would be nice to see him fade away
but the numbers of wealthy morons is not that small
another Hitler parallel, Hitler knew how to shake the money tree
yet another strong argument for limiting political contributions

M

member 505892

Specifically Facebook and Twitter, break them up. Jack and Zuck shouldn't have this much power to influence our elections. As far as I'm concerned they have a monopoly because others can't compete without getting destroyed.

That still makes no sense.

Twitter is what got Trump elected, you didn't have a problem with it until now.

Anyone can make another social media app/ platform.

'Boogieman'

That still makes no sense.

Twitter is what got Trump elected, you didn't have a problem with it until now.

Anyone can make another social media app/ platform.

Trump's policies is what got Trump elected. Twitter and Facebook were not banning their political rivals at the time. Even then I was irritated at social media for banning me for nonsense reasons while allowing the left to say whatever they want. In fact if you really dig deep in my posts you will find I did talk about it here.

M

member 505892

Trump's policies is what got Trump elected. Twitter and Facebook were not banning their political rivals at the time.

They have no obligation to provide a platform for people they deem to be unfit :biglaugh:

It seems you just want change because 'your guy' got kicked off. That's just too bad.

Logic not found.

dramamine

Breaking up a company is not government control?

Anti-trust laws exist for good reasons, but are only selectively enforced. I don't think we have to pretend robber barons are the same as any other business. I think that if the media started saying that these companies have too much power and needed to be broken up, many here would get on board with that. The media just won't say that unless and until they are told to do so.

h.h.

Veteran
No I'm never for government control of anything, but I believe social media should be broken up as a monopoly. I'm not even going to entertain the Hitler nonsense, it's gotten old.

I’m not the one who brought up nazis in this conversation, nor did I post a meme mentioning nazis. I simply responded.

h.h.

Veteran
Anti-trust laws exist for good reasons, but are only selectively enforced. I don't think we have to pretend robber barons are the same as any other business. I think that if the media started saying that these companies have too much power and needed to be broken up, many here would get on board with that. The media just won't say that unless and until they are told to do so.

Huh?

dramamine

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It’s not a monopoly. They have competition.

They’re just the flavor of the week. Mostly because of trump. Soon the newest and grooviest will come along and take the lead. Twitter is for old people.
Who is Twitter's and Facebook's competition?

Who is Google's competition?

Who is Amazon's competition?

igrowone

Veteran
Who is Twitter's and Facebook's competition?

Who is Google's competition?

Who is Amazon's competition?
there's competition, relatively small but there
ebay does ok in the amazon space
big companies look like they'll dominate forever
but they don't

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

My comment was only to point out the irony in Boogie's statement that he does not support ANY government control. Nothing more.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
america online!

aol is the shizz!
Hey I used to do email from aol.....they did not have enough space to type my whole last name for use in business....I had to abbreviate it and use only my 1st initial for my first name!

Latest posts

Latest posts