What's new

OMG!! Does everyone here smoke 5 pounds of pot a year?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I need to cut back. At least, I think I do.

In the past, friends have mentioned how much I smoke. One friend swears that I 'chain' smoke pot. LOL OK, I'm an old stoner. I am retired. I grow enough to smoke whatever I want. WTF, why not?

But, recently I have come to ask myself how much is too much. My tolerance is so high, I barely get (what most people would call) high any more. No big deal. I enjoy growing it more than anything. And, I love the taste and smell of it. The high is a take it or leave it effect for me (yes, I am currently growing some high CBD, low THC plants).

I might also mention that I am an off and off cigarette smoker and have been accused of using joints as a cigarette cessation tool.

Lately, I have come to wonder just how much I really smoke and how long I could go with no grow (getting ready to move and I'll need to shut down for a while) with my current stash.

I must admit, I am also mildly concerned that I might smoke more than the average/heavy smoker. Maybe a lot more. Maybe more than I should.

Lot of people are wake and bakers. Me too. In the first few hours that I'm awake, I usually have 3 or 4 joints with my 4 or 5 cups of morning coffee. Then, a protein shake or some eggs and off to the gym. I smoke pretty much all day and up until the moment I go to bed. At this point, I am smoking 10 to 15 joints a day. Didn't seem like all that much. Half as much as I used to smoke in cigarettes. LOL

So, with my scale and grinder in hand, I set out to determine just how much I smoke. I'm a joint smoker so it's easy to keep track.... count roaches. LOL

I use RAW tips and a machine to roll my joints so they are pretty consistent. I started weighing the pot before and after grinding. I would see how many joints it rolled and how much they weighed (just curious what the tip and paper weigh (.15g)). I rolled about 50 or 60 joints from 5 different strains weighing and counting each time. I have been doing this for about 6 months.

Damn near spot on, no matter what the variable, a joint is real real close to .5g of pot.

Now, this is not including the occasional rosin dab or the bubble hash that I smoke a few times a week. I mostly smoke joints. If I really want to get a buzz, I dab 4 or 5 in a row and it gets me off. Otherwise the status quo is joints.

Any way, I started counting. Some days were more. Like Wednesdays when I have a regular gig and play out. I'm up late. I'm drinking, I'm sharing... the number of joints go up.

Home alone, especially if I do some edibles, there are fewer joints in that day. However, averaging over that past 6 months or so, I am smoking right on about 13 joints a day.

So, 13x365 = 4745 joints per year or 2372.5 grams or 84.73 ounces or 5.3 pounds per year.

Looking at it that way floored me. Do I really smoke 5 fucking POUNDS of pot per year? Holy cow.

1.6 ounces per week didn't seem like much at all. 5 pounds a year seems unreal.

Anyone else smoking this much? I'm sure I'm not alone. LOL

shithawk420

Veteran
My uncle smokes at least 5 lbs a year.1.5 gram joints all day.before my dad got busted he smoked even more than that.it adds up

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i used to smoke between 1/2 oz to an ounce a week. these days, with better weed (and random testing at work) i smoke maybe an ounce a YEAR. a one-hit or two every week or so works well. if not being tested? who knows?

Easy7

Veteran
There is not going to be much, if any, support on cannabis forums for using less weed.

The bioavailability of THC is very low. At best 30% via smoking, 20% eating. I find that a moderation of flowers and concentrates can modulate potency and tolerance status. Make too many concentrates and there is no lower potency product to ride 'lower' with. Use all flowers and there is not much to step up.

I find concentrates early in the day make it difficult to look forward to the evening. Step up the relaxation in the evening. Be mindful. If you are providing your own stash, you have the control.

troutman

Seed Whore
If you could figure how how much salt and sugar you eat in a year you would probably get a heart attack.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I'll bet Douglas.Curtis knows how much ladybugs poop in a year. LOL

You guys are making me feel better already. LOL

WelderDan

Veteran
There was a time I smoked an oz a week on overage, that's 3.25 lbs a year. I know people that smoke more than that, so 5 lbs a year is completely within the realm of possibility.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I figure I blaze between 1.5-2# yearly. I'm not nearly as heavy a smoker as some.

dank.Frank

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
the whole reason I started growing was my habit wasn't sustainable even on a good salary

I get a lb+ every harvey and i get 4 a year and sometimes i have to buy an oz while the room finishes so yeah 5 is not out of my realm