What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED Microgrow

RaZoR!

Personaly I would flower them in the pots they are in. They are a long way from filling them.

They would be set back a bit from transplanting.

Then you have a short time to flower. It will take a week or two to get into full flower after you hit 12/12.

I have never used a pot over gallon sized. I keep my grows small.

So if I leave them in the same pots, flowering will be shorter?

define normal

flower = flower

no matter how long you veg, unless you veg too short, then it needs more time to get into flower

but

flower = flower
8 week = 8 week

MicroRoy

If you shock it with transplanting. Just before flipping. It will stress the plant. That will slow it down.

+Flowering - the stress of repotting + 8 weeks = less flowers.

At this point your plants don't have enough root mass. They wont hold a root ball together during the transplant.

Repotting is usualy followed by more veg time.

RaZoR!

Day 3 12/12

Should I defoliate the fan leaves yet? I am about to start a little bit of training soon. Both plants are approximately 6.5 inches tall and are growing their 7th node.

Attachments

• IMG_1396.jpg
    IMG_1396.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 31

MicroRoy

At this point the fan leaves create the energy for growing. They will show signs when they are finished.

RaZoR!

At this point the fan leaves create the energy for growing. They will show signs when they are finished.

I defoliated a little bit, fan leaves were blocking a lot of light.

The new fan leaves will have it all bushed out again in a week.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
ya dont have enough leaves to pull any off, the cab should be full of tops and leaves and the only reason would be to let light to lower tops, but ya can just tuck the fan leaves under so the tops get light and ya still get to keep yer solar panels for yer plant. my rule is ya got to have way to many dang leaves everywhere before yanking some, yer not there yet. keep it simple and grow on, keep up good work

MicroRoy

Another function of fan leaves is nutrient storage. Just after you flip you hit the stretch fase. The functioning fan leaves power the buds up and away from the fan leaves. Then they supply energy to expand the flowers.

Then when the flowers shade out the fan leaves the plant sucks some nutes from the fan leaves.

firetech89

Everything is looking fellow socal'er! I think I am experiencing what is being talked about having a single source of light. I'm running a 250 currently and everything seems to be doing fine but you can Def see a 2 foot circle of focused light. I don't have much height so that may be the reasoning.. your 7' should allow for a bigger footprint. As far as useable light vs intense is based off your growing style, Scrog or sog you don't need much penetration. Like frog I'm looking to start a comparison with led, 2 sources probably better pen, less heat for the summer run. Best of luck, I'm plugged in will be watching :biggrin::lurk:

This is the footprint of a 250 sitting roughly 12-14 off the canopy

RaZoR!

Well damn, I didn't take everything but did defoliate a decent amount. I guess you learn. The new fan leaves growing from the tops are vigorously widening. I expect within a within a few days it will be just a bushy as it was. Hopefully see some pistils soon!

RaZoR!

Day 5 12/12

Fan leaves have already grown back. Plants are approximately 7-8 inches tall. The tops are almost the same height as the main stem. What should I do to tie things?

Attachments

• IMG_1397.jpg
    IMG_1397.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 28

MicroRoy

I have used things as simple as wooden dowel rods or stiff wire and bread wraper wore. String is ok if you are not bumble fingered like I am. Cloths pins work well tee. Just be carefull not to smash the branches.
If you have a hobby store look around the doll house section for tiny Clothespins.

Or simply just bend the tops over as theu grow.

As you bend it over it will start a few more tops.
picture.php

RaZoR!

Plants grew about an inch last night. They are both approximately 9 inches, but I have tied some tops down and did some bending. They both are around 7-8 inches from the soil, so I have saved an inch or two so far. I am ready for the doubts to end.