What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So I bought this tent...

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is what Mom looked like at day 50 something.
Almost black she's so purple. But only where the leaves were exposed to the light. Almost like a sunburn.
picture.php

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh man not sure what it could be... Ca+Mg, P ?
Bit my F13s looked a bit similar.
It's something that I have found happening to me frequently when I started growing with LEDs.
Have since added extra bonemeal and kelp to my soil mix which sorted it out, but not always it seems, and then I never know wether i've got too much in the soil or not enough.

Maybe something entirely different as it also got really cold at some point in flowering
Good luck man
CC

nickman

Veteran
It’s a bitch when problems like this occur...

My OGx Snowman #1 is turning yellow on the tips of the fans. But only on the branch’s that are right under the light...

As I said before, the three Snowman crosses I have in flower are literally 3 inches under the light hood... from putting them in too tall to start off and then they stretched a Lil....

I’m guessing it’s the lights being so close that’s causing this to happen to the fan leafs. I know when lights are closer it will rise the plants metabolism if that makes any sense ???

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Too me, that looks like a P def. Looks like they didn't get enough for some reason? Good it be they just got to dry for a short spell?

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh man not sure what it could be... Ca+Mg, P ?
Bit my F13s looked a bit similar.
It's something that I have found happening to me frequently when I started growing with LEDs.
Have since added extra bonemeal and kelp to my soil mix which sorted it out, but not always it seems, and then I never know wether i've got too much in the soil or not enough.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71351&pictureid=1969516&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71351&pictureid=1970654&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
Maybe something entirely different as it also got really cold at some point in flowering
Good luck man
CC

It’s a bitch when problems like this occur...

My OGx Snowman #1 is turning yellow on the tips of the fans. But only on the branch’s that are right under the light...

As I said before, the three Snowman crosses I have in flower are literally 3 inches under the light hood... from putting them in too tall to start off and then they stretched a Lil....

I’m guessing it’s the lights being so close that’s causing this to happen to the fan leafs. I know when lights are closer it will rise the plants metabolism if that makes any sense ???

Too me, that looks like a P def. Looks like they didn't get enough for some reason? Good it be they just got to dry for a short spell?

dank.Frank
I'm thinking a combo of things.

I did not give them Mammoth P a couple waterings ago because I added some fish emulsion at 5-1-1.

I'm wondering if that messed up their P intake.

It also could be a Ca and Mg issue as well growing under the LEDS, exacerbating the problem.

They're back on their regularly scheduled ACT with an added half dose of Down to Earth 4-8-4 organic ferts. Hopefully they'll bounce back in the finishing weeks.

I'm going to send a soil sample off to Logan Labs later this week and post up the results when I get them.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After it went from bad to worse...

After it went from bad to worse...

I finally took down the MBxNYCD a week before the BMRs. I didn't take any pics of it because it looked really, really bad.

But in the end it produced 274 grams of some very not bad smoke. And the two clones in the big room are so far looking fantastic and are starting to show quite a bit of frost.

I took the BMR down 2 weekends ago and in the end it also produced some decent smoke. But nothing really noteworthy. (No final weights weight, but I suspect I got much better than 1 gpw. Which will be a personal best for me. :D )

In an effort to better the next go round, I had a soil test done and was hoping to get pointed in the right direction for what I should add.

My trace elements look good to my novice eyes, so I'm thinking just a basic amendment package in both long and short term NPK. But I'm not sure where my metals should be.

Thoughts?
picture.php

picture.php

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After some back in forth in another thread, and me taking the time to read a book on the subject, I came to the conclusion I needed to add some extra dolomite lime for calcium and magnesium, as well as a bit of feather meal to my top dressing.

So I went ahead and did that. And watered again (actually, have been watering to keep the worms happy). And added some fresh straw down. And threw down some cover crop seeds.

Now all I need are some cuttings to grow roots, and we can be off again. :D

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bought a new addition. I don't know if it will help or not, but we're going to find out soon enough. Clones have been transplanted into 4x4 pots for a couple weeks to get some strength up, then in they go.

picture.php

picture.php

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
\

After looking at this picture, I realized what an idiot I am.

Not only did I have to kluge together a way to mount the light the wrong way, it blocked diodes, and didn't I really care for how it mounted.

So I turned it the correct way and had holes I needed to mount the light solidly and out of the way of the other diodes. My only complaint with the light so far is it did not come with screws, nuts and washers to mount the clips to. Just some self tapping sheet metal screws that would have sucked to use.

picture.php

picture.php

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The 4 largest of these

picture.php

Is going in here within the next 7 days.

picture.php

Camera angle makes the bed look weird.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hey got bud,

Not sure if this is applicable but the symptoms you’re having/had with that middle row of plants looks similar to problems myself and others have had with Quantum Boards.

I bought a small QB 3k 150w that I’ve been testing out. My first test grow I experienced similar problems to you, ie: my plant looked as if it was Mag deficient. The light was pulling around 100w from the wall and about 10 inches from the plant. I knew it wasn’t the feeding I was giving it and so had a read around to find out more.

Seems a lot of people have the same experience with QBs at the same point during flower. Usually any plant directly under the lights start showing signs of Mag def.

I’ve since started experimenting with raising the distance between canopy/light, turning down the power and have had much better results.

From what I’ve read QBs (especially 3k versions) that are mounted in squares or rectangles, closely placed, and have quite a severe light footprint that’s too intense during flower. Many people have been turning up the light intensity during flower with the same result - plants directly under the light start to look deficient while those on the outside of the light, receiving less intense light, look fine.

I’m actually thinking of going with small cobs or QB strips as their light footprint is dispersed over the entire area.

As I said before, maybe the above doesn’t apply but if you did turn up the juice, or have the light on full power during flower, then it’s something to consider. Whenever I look at QBs now, including my own, I see all those diodes pressed together and think about how intense the light is from that one area.

Anyway, rambled on enough..

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ve thought about that. It’s my first run in this tent with this LED style of light. If I didn’t experience almost the exact same thing under my COBs, I’d be inclined to agree.

However, I did turn down my COBs in my other room down a touch (from 600 to 500ish) and the remaining plant in the room seems happier.

Ultimately I think I just had too many new things happening at once with high heat, new soil bed, and still new to me genetics.

The last run I had with the same clones turned out much better. And they still needed extra cla and mag. So dolomite lime has been added to the amendment package.

Thanks for your input!

Latest posts

Latest posts