What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Zamal

Genghis Kush

"Réunion : this is the Island bordering Africa where these French genetics have their origin. Tropical Seeds are proud to offer this cross between two lines coming from this area. The truth is this pure sativa is a long flowering one in between 18-24 weeks. Plants have some very thin leafs and a very branchy but strong structure when growing. A strong first stretch can be expected when starting to bloom : it can take up to 6-8 weeks to make her stop. Flowers grow relatively compact for a pure sativa and final weight is interesting. The effect in this strain can vary from relaxing to even very potent, energetic and psychedelic , depending on plant selected. Scents and flavours are in the range of fruity, floral and spicy. This is a must for the sativa lovers and the growers searching for something unique and classic. "

anybody grown or smoked this strain yet??

Arjan

Double Zamal grown outdoors in Holland.
There are 2 plants in the same pots. Both are female, the first showed sex in june and the second in juli.

Genghis Kush

The Tropical Seeds sight now lists the strains used in the cross

Zamal Mafate 80s X Mauricio (Lasko)

anybody know anything about these??

thanks

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
The Tropical Seeds sight now lists the strains used in the cross

Zamal Mafate 80s X Mauricio (Lasko)

anybody know anything about these??

Underground Seeds are selling their strains through TSCO at the moment and collaborating with them.

:tiphat:

smac17

Hi Genghis kush, i lived 6 years in reunion island whzn i was young so i think i can help you a lil' bit.

Reunion is a volcanic island, so the biggest volcano of the place ("piton des neiges" or "Snow Peak" in english, dead volcano btw) is the center of the island, which is very montainous. Around this volcano you can find 3 "cirque" (caldeiras), named Cilaos, Salazie and Mafate.
Mafate is the only cirque thant you can't reach with cars, you have to walk or take a helicopter. that's why it's said by locals that it is probably the only place where you can find pure zamal. that is why it is called Zamal Mafate ;).
Hope it helps!

BoldAsLove

Veteran
I asked TSC if they could find out what the cross was made from. Here's JGL's (Underground Seeds) response:

Double Aamal = zamal gypsy 7em génération X mauritius 4 ém generation

Genghis Kush

Hi Genghis kush, i lived 6 years in reunion island whzn i was young so i think i can help you a lil' bit.

Reunion is a volcanic island, so the biggest volcano of the place ("piton des neiges" or "Snow Peak" in english, dead volcano btw) is the center of the island, which is very montainous. Around this volcano you can find 3 "cirque" (caldeiras), named Cilaos, Salazie and Mafate.
Mafate is the only cirque thant you can't reach with cars, you have to walk or take a helicopter. that's why it's said by locals that it is probably the only place where you can find pure zamal. that is why it is called Zamal Mafate ;).
Hope it helps!

thanks for the info guys!

very interesting information Smac17. thank you

Reunion/Mauritius are around the same latitude as Hawaii.
I think I need to try this stuff out.

Aloha

Arjan

update Double Zamal

update Double Zamal

Hi, here's a little update on my 2 Double Zamals.
Flowering has been very slow but they have been doing very well even though the weather has been really bad and cold since september.
They have been in my greenhouse only for the last couple of weeks.

A couple of pictures;

Arjan

I have found the problem, album was private I changed it to public.
You should be able to see them now.

Arjan

Thanks Genghis kush,

Those two plants are clearly very different from another, one is quite compact growing while the other is moch more loose and airy.

Maybe one is more Zamal from La Reunion while the other is more Mauritius?

Not much smell yet, especially with the cold weather,but when the sun manages to break through the clouds I can smell a sweet floral smell on the more compact plant, the smell reminds me of Sinai from the Real seed company which I also grew this year.

Latest posts

Latest posts