What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hemp Russet Mites!! Help?

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Never heard of these until tonight but I got em. Planning a complete shut down and bleaching. Anything more I should know?
Sourbubbles, Strawberry Coughs, Multiple DGS varieties, Gone!!
FUCK!!!!:whiteflag::dunno:

Oh yeah, Big ups to MIway for pointing the way!

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Oh yeah, might as well be informational. Heres a pic.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh I see now these are spreading through the mitten, I know two people who are battling these fuckers. Complete shutdown, throwing out moms? Does floramite work for these things? If your not to up to date on treatment of these things hit up PoopyTeabags, I am betting he is currently read up on them. I stopped taking clones quite some time ago, and will only be cracking beans and making beans fomr here on out. If I do get anything, it is getting quarintined for long time.

Wish you luck, let us know what you find out, treatments?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Edit: I no longer advocate the use of neem based products at any stage of flower. Bio-accumulation has made me extremely sensitive to azamax/azatrol products. It is _not_ gone in even 60 days of indoor flowering. Please use these methods for veg only.

Complete eradication is still available.

Anything in flower that doesn't have mites on the buds yet... can possibly be controlled. Mix a 5ml/gallon solution of Azamax or Azatrol. Add a Capful of isopropyl alcohol (about 90% or stronger) and a few drops of dish detergent until the solution spreads on the leaf instead of beading up.

Use a sponge and wipe the top and bottom of every fan leaf, not the sugar leaves if possible. Please try not to drip this stuff on any buds. Difficult, but you CAN save your crop.... if you don't have hundreds of plants that is. Wipe the stems and any areas that have mites on them.

Dunk any clones or seedlings in this same mixture and you can also use it to spray.... as in completely drenching the plant but NOT the soil... no isopropyl in the soil please.

Any plants in flower that are 45 days from harvest can have 1ml/gallon put into their res or watered into soilless mixes.... at least 5ml/gallon is good for soil, others have said they can use more without harm... YMMV.

All plants in veg get a soil drench of 5ml/gallon and everything hydro gets 1ml/gallon.

Can you empty your flowering room for 6-8 hours?? Bomb it with floramite if you can.... just not your plants. Scrub down the floors and walls with a 5-10% bleach solution.

Spray/Dunk plants in veg every 5-6 days for 2-3 weeks... that should break the cycle. Keep them dosed with soil drench or straight in the res every 30 days.

You CAN get rid of them and the preventative maint in the veg room will keep them out. No need to rip everything down.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Last edited:
Buy a No Pest Strip or two from Home Depot. Some people don't like it because it's chemical based and is carcinogenic, but it works fast and you don't have to spray/fog your plants, just place them near the plants and they do their work. Saved more than a few crops here.

Last edited:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Luckily these are still in the veg room. Yep came in on a clone, the SC.

That's it? Pbbbbbbt! You got this one man...

Get some azatrol or azamax asap! Dunk/Thoroughly-spray and treat the roots like I said. You'll be just fine. :D :dance013:

I had repeated attacks by "Resistant" mites (several varieties) from local growers and this regimen prevented them from ever reaching my flowering room.

Daily visual inspection of all plants and the soil-drench or res treatment is the key.

Edit: Did I mention this is an organic method that totally works? :D No avid, Forbid or floramite residues in your rooms *shudder*

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a whole big sticky trap under one of my Sweet Tooth plants last grow that was fucking filled with these little bastards but luckily they never made it up on the plant since I smear the lower stems weekly with pure neem oil (this works amazingly well in keeping shit off your plants from the soil line!) and they were luckily in just one big container somehow. Came in a bag of Ocean Forest from Fox Farm I am afraid, along with a fucking shitload of fungus gnat eggs like usual. Be warned! If you are going to put neem oil on the stems don't forget any stakes or bamboo as well they climb right up that shit too! :joint:

Now if you want an effective organic solution to kill them try 1 tsp of Dr Bronners organic liquid soap in one gallon of clean warm water and get the lavender oil one if you can find it. Then add 25 drops of lavender essential oil, 10 drops of eucalyptus oil, and 10 drops of tea tree oil or peppermint works too and then shake well with the cap on and add in 1 heaping tsp of pure neem seed oil and shake the mixture very well. Spray down the plants liberally on the top and undersides of leafs in low light and make sure they are not in bright intense light while this dries or it can burn them. You can also spray the surface of the soil and the containers as well, this stuff smells great and is totally non-toxic. It also kills other mites dead along with fungus gnats and larvae in the soil, if you do a light soil drench you will see larvae coming up to the surface wriggling around and dying. The lavender oil really knocks the shit out of the mites, including spidermites, aphids and most other random pests. The ultimate solution though if you don't want to spray anything is to just introduce a shitload of ladybugs onto all your plants and make sure your lights are covered so they can't get inside of them because they are attracted to it and you will end up with a million dead ladybugs in your lights. Ladybugs just love pot plants. :)

Ladybugs will also rip mites the fuck up like it's nobodies business! :good:

Much love :canabis:

Last edited:

highonmt

Veteran
Luckily these are still in the veg room. Yep came in on a clone, the SC.

Man sorry to hear you got the russet mites. I have been fighting em here and they are a bitch to get rid of . Controlling em in flower I use 20ml of ipa and 30 ml of peroxide in a liter of water...douse em once a week and it keeps em at bay, plus you can spray the buds without hurting them or you. These bastards go through a complete lifecycle in 7days from egg to egg laying adult so we have failed to get them gone from the warehouse. A cannuk on here recommeded lorsban 4e so we are shutting down the bloom rooms in the warehouse and treating the freshly cloned moms with lorsban once a week for a month along with major cleanings co2 bleach peroxide and chucking all non sterilizable equipment. These things are really tough to control they move around with the wind on hands, cloths and are so small that you don't notice em till there are literally millions of them around. I brought a clone home from work and got them at home too so now I'm totally shutting down and starting over from seed, We've had RA and now RM this year seems like it will never end, makes me wish for a sever infestation of the spider mites at least you can see them..HM

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I feel like the government is engineering these various supermites & root aphids to attack our fucking plants honestly everyone, call me paranoid! :joint:

Man you are right back in the day my worst fear was spidermites they would be a welcome site instead of these other fuckers any day! :bigeye:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
In case you guys couldn't read between the lines in my previous post.....

Using Azatrol or Azamax in a soil drench or in your res turns every plant in your garden into a mite population control device. Any mite biting it becomes unable to eat and breed, reducing the rate of the population explosion.

Totally organic and gone in 30 days... taste included. (Edit: Additional testing has found that 60 days is necessary for azatrol/azamax and maybe even neem 'sensitive' folks. ONLY use it the first day of flower... if you're going to use it in flower.)

None of these other labor intensive or chemical intensive methods of control are necessary.

Give yourself a break... take advantage of the knowledge in front of you.... LOL

Last edited:

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
im doing mighty wash mixed with forbid 3 days later mighty wash and flora mite 3 days later mighty wash and avid.... they are in the mitten for sure lol i threw out all my moms...

also sulfur for some reason kills these things too.. you can buy safer fungicide its liquid sulfer.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
i was lucky enought to have everything backed up in clones that were easily treated.... they are fucking devastating.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
In case you guys couldn't read between the lines in my previous post.....

Using Azatrol or Azamax in a soil drench or in your res turns every plant in your garden into a mite population control device. Any mite biting it becomes unable to eat and breed, reducing the rate of the population explosion.

Totally organic and gone in 30 days... taste included.

None of these other labor intensive or chemical intensive methods of control are necessary.

Give yourself a break... take advantage of the knowledge in front of you.... LOL

:tiphat: very solid advice given by the brotha i had a small battle with the borg this yr. came to me also on KKSC cuts used

neem and spinosad w/not much luck broke out the hot shot no pest pest strip and bought some Azamax. fight over if they are allowed to become established in the garden the fight may take longer. i started preventive messures when the cuts came home

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
if they are allowed to become established in the garden the fight may take longer. i started preventive messures when the cuts came home

Bang! Preventative measures! That's the ticket!

Moved to Colorado... borg central. Never had mites before but started Azatrol as a regimen... Easily controlled every rider that came into my veg area, never had a problem. So called "resistant" mites on a few occasions. LOL

Spent PLENTY of time helping other growers try to control infestations that had gotten out of hand. Those that didn't listen to my advice still have "Resistant" mites. Hah!

:tiphat::blowbubbles:

i had a battle with the borg last year that was killing me. i used a one time combo of floramite and tetrasan and have never had them again. not recomended to use once flowers start to show. 11 rounds later and still no mites

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I deal with so much borg they probably think I'm some weird angry deity. Just generations with stories about the great Neem Death Storm

RetroGrow

Veteran
Damn! Just discovered this has been the problem with my plants for 3 fookin years.Posted pictures here several times. It's even in my album, but no one figured it out. Bought a microscope today and there they were! I'm only seeing eggs, but that solves the mystery! When I think of the heartache this caused me I wanna cry. Tomorrow, it's vengeance! I am so happy right now that the "mystery" is solved. I actually flushed my 4SDs and SD IBLs last week because of these fookers! Damn!!!!!!!