What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question about fungus gnats and watering

Applesauce

Have you scoped them to make sure they are fungus gnats and not winged root aphids? Mosquito dunks have worked every time for over a decade when I've had them during summer.

Last edited:
Just an update on the fungus gnat issue. I did 2 applications of Azamax and killed them. It took a couple weeks to really work but also damaged quite a few leaves at the same time. This round I tried a product called Microbe Lift by microbe life hydro. I talked to the owner of the company Brett and he said to use it at a rate of .5ml per gallon once a week for preventative and I’m glad to say it works awesome and haven’t seen a single fly or any other bug for that matter since I started using it. Also it doesn’t harm your plants at all. He said for infestations you can go as high as 1ml per gallon