What's new

20k ina 6kw BOSS Blocks: Part 2

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Sauron The Blue said:
Im just getting done with my second run of the whole cutting edge line of nutes too, did you like them more than the h/g stuff?

I like how the h/g feeding schedule increases amounts per gallon as bloom goes along, while the cutting edge stuff they recommend 15/ml per gallon, i feel like i was going back in time to the days of lucas formula and dwc using this stuff. Plants seemed to enjoy it though, especially the uncle johns and the plant amp! Those nutes are chelated well like the cns17 i believe, I like using the Plant Amp as PH down for small adjustments. I also like their MagAmp product, found it worked quicker than AN cal/mg ime. Humtea is what turned me on to their products, that stuff is an amazing foliar spray for the outdoors monsters, ill stick with vho for inside tho. I got a few bottles of humtea from the owner and the only thing on the bottle was a picture of a horses head with the words HUMTEA over it lol - hoping their retail packaging has some instructions for others without internet access, its a good product.

edit: you know the wattage on the dehu? i seen a few 50-60 pint ones on sale but at 600watts each i thought id hold off a bit, does that size work well for that many plants?

thanks, and nice grow show!
-stb

not trying to hijack---

but i have the plant amp and mag amp and find them to work as a foliar mg fix 4x better then anything ive seen and i add them (more sparingly now...)

20kw. ima keep an eye on you i like what i see.

20kw dreams

My rez! Fock, that cooler is the nicest rez I've ever had. Those things last forever! And their insulated to boot! tall and thin instead of wide and shallow. I actually get most of the water out of that one, unlike the hydromade piec of shat that I can't get 20% of the water out of without a shopvac.

Jesus IVV, just put those bitches in flower already! You can screw around with your room while they're in flower dude! You need a cheap bulkhead? Just go th HD and get a 1" to 3/4" bushing. They have a lip on them so they catch in a hole just like a bulkhead, then you go get you an electrical nut for the bottom side. It's like $1 or something, and it's the same thing pretty much as what they sell at the hydro store for like $7. If you are using pond liner, you don't even need a gasket. When you drill out the hole, drill a larger hole that doesn't go all the way through the wood for the bulkhead to sit in, for a nice drain. That, or cut out a big hole, then glue another piece of wood under that for your bulkhead. Either way, you just want it to be in a low spot.

Thanx George:wave: Don't be a stranger

Digy Hippy - The way I see it, you can't really hijack a community forum, eh? Unless the guy who started it is a total prick...in which case you would have to leave...so maybe you have to leave then:D j/k

It's nice to have an Mg and Ca supplament which is fast acting for sure, especially in coco. I swear I ALWAYS get an Mg def right off the bat everytime I use coco. Not this time though, cause I chocked them up on epsom salts, but that's only cause I learned that lesson like 5 times before I got wise.

What am I doin G? What do you mean? If you were saying that cause I was "online", I was actually not. Sometimes I just leave the comp on a page on IC and leave for the day, so it shows me online.

These beautiful ladies are doing great. The humidity is getting harder for the dehuey though, but barely. It's in the mid to low 50%'s, where it was in the high 70% plus before. I forgot to turn it back on yesterday after watering, and it got up to 80% with the room all closed up. My water pumps and dehuey are on the same line, and when I try to use both, the breaker switches. I have 1.5HP worth of pumps. They are way too much, but I have them, so I use them.

I

In Vino Veritas

Jesus IVV, I like the sound of that....hah.. I was thinking the same shit yesterday, "I should put them on 12/12 already". Thing was the transplant felt like it slowed em down, but it seems they caught up. I'm going to keep four rows, of six. I need to spread em over the 7' width. I got room, I got lights, I should be fine to handle a little overgrowth. We'll see, it would be a good problem. They look real nice now, camera has no batteries.. :D

Good idea on the bushing, put it near the front of the table with a super slight lift at the back. I was going to drill a hole a little larger than the diameter of the drain pipe, then use the liner as a gasket and reinforce it all with silicone from the bottom and aquarium glue up top. Bah you're right too often, them bitches got to turn.. 24hrs!!

Shit! I just got an idea! Any problem feeding on aluminum? I can get 2" high pans pretty much any rectangular size! Probably run me 20-40 bucks for a 6.75x4. **** can't believe I didn't think of it.

g, bro for the space and response ebb/flo is the shit. I think top feed is better but the buckets can be on the floor and let you take advantage of all your height. Clean up for hydroton and lava rocks is a bitch in my space. I'm digging coco for it's reuse properties and the fact you get a lot more root mass in 2gal of coir than in 2 gal of "soil"..holler at me in priv, let me know whats popping..that site you sent me didn't work..wondering whats up..

just a random thought...real life is busy as **** right now.. work is about to go into a freeze for the end of the year..so everyone is getting shit done now.. I'll have a lot of time in (mid) Dec to manage all of this and get the new stuff lined up..I love me some vacation, maybe next year I can go somewhere..

I'll post some pr0n in a few hrs..

I

In Vino Veritas

Why not another dehuey? Opposite side of that one.. Or maybe even a DIY Damp Rid collector.. Like if you were drying shroomies.. Do you have a sulfur burner? You need your humidity on lock dude, you're going end up in the same spot..don't slip homie..

/smoke on!

N

Neptune

looking to be a proper high yeild run 20kw, with your clone lineup it should be all wavy gravy bro... I like the idea of the 8" boss blocks... seems neat N' tidy, like RW was for me. I'm with ya on the "no space to make a mess" issue, I would love to be able to have some of the yards and patios that a lot of these folks around here have... dang, to be able to play in the dirt and actually clean things proper!! Ohwell, moving around in our hobbit holes does the job ;) :yes:

G

gdawg

yo whats up ya'll. got up early as shit this morning. i'll pm ya about, it will be on the national news i'm sure. nutss....holy shit its on cnn right niow.

T

terran2

MattyNuska mom is in the back left & just got cloned ...
can't wait to run these out ...

Romulan mom is back right and its some powerful smoke
they are pulling 1.5-2 from this cut up here...

SSH cut front right i just got in , already dominating over our beloved fire HK/Sknk1 (POG), and overtaking it here just before they go 12/12..supposed
to be a great yielding SSH that stays fairly small ...we'll see .

My first run of the SSH , this fellow also has the
SOL Blue Satelight x OG i'd like to try ....

* Will have some pics of the 2 SDeez cuts was gifted later ,
they're just taking off .

hindukushxskunk1223smalmw9.jpg

Last edited:
G

gdawg

20kw dreams said:
My rez! Fock, that cooler is the nicest rez I've ever had. Those things last forever! And their insulated to boot! tall and thin instead of wide and shallow. I actually get most of the water out of that one, unlike the hydromade piec of shat that I can't get 20% of the water out of without a shopvac.
naw i was ****in with ya. the rez is tight no doubt, but the okeefenokee swamp water... :laughing: ya i feel the same way bout the hydro ones, they're a bitch to clean out and you can't get the max water capacity out of them.

What am I doin G? What do you mean? figured ya smokin on some ak or doin some trimmin ya been puttin off. :laughing: don't know where IVV is and ya he ain't never gonna flip them lights :spank: i think he met some old timers over there and they play bridge and shit on the weeknights so he been busy :laughing: dang 20 ya got the big boys hollerin at ya over here, i feel a lil outa place. terran, bro you always impress me, i just got a pack of the romulan hope i find that keeper, miss. mudd freebies too, what kinda time frame and that # sounds nice. greendevil whats up bro i ain't know you was hangin out around these parts. and neptune, ooooh neptune, that freakin gdp you know i feel. :joint:

20kw dreams

Just hatin on me, huh G! That's ****in coco for ya bro, fock. It's a PITA in that regards.

I actually may try going back to my NFT at the new shop. I just can't see going through 50ft3 of coco or whatever every run, or every other run. It'll also save me alot of money. Intitial cost of setting up an NFT is the same as buying in one batch of coco or soil, but you only have to do it once. I just got to make sure I have the logistics in place for the transitions to be smooth. I couldn't get clones in anything but RW, and the system was designed for 2" netpots, so the F'in RW stayed too wet, or the roots weren't in the water. Now my new best friend, the cloner I met over at SR-71, is going to mother out all my crack genetics and root them in anything I need:D...finally. I expected to find that guy soo as I moved up here.

I sure hope so Neptune. I haven't gotten much of a good yield at this house yet I don't think. I have been making up for it with turnaround though. I've got the knowledge, it's just putting it all together, and probably giving myself some more room to work and breath proper.

IV - I'm getting the nice one once the money is in the bank for the new shop, then I'm taking this on eback to Home Depot, cause in the end it's a piece of shit. But, I'm going to get that nice $1300 super efficient one, which won't give me as bad of a heat prob. It's keepin humidity in the low 50's though, which is good for now. Dude, last run I was like 5 weeks into flower at 80% humidity every day for a few weeks cause my dumb ass wasn't checking it:rolleyes:! I'm not even worried about 52% humidity. At 60% humidity I got tiny bits of mold right when I was going to pull, so around 50 I should be fine. If I let it go up for one day, then it's no big deal I don't think. I may go ahead and get another tank and changover valve though now that you mention it. Really though, I need to get the electrical re-ran so the Dehuey and pumps can be on at the same time. I only have a 15 amp 24hr line. The majority of the power is on the board, which is all on the timers. But, I'm going to get that nice $1300 super efficient one, which won't give me as bad of a heat prob.

I

In Vino Veritas

crack!

crack!

Why NFT?

Why not a ebb/flow system? I'm considering buckets eventually. Wouldn't have to go anywhere.. Just clean the rocks in rubbermaid's in the bath tub.. Flooding tables ain't shit..

I forgot you started giving a damn during the final stretch last grow, thats when you did something about the wet water situation.. Heh.. You're going to do well this go..I can feel it! Back to my breakfast...:joint:

G, don't cut him any slack..no camera and people still come to visit. Heh..

Last edited:
T

terran2

Going NFT ?

Love to see an NFT show 'cause everyone i know has Coco spread all over their front & back yards , lol....

Well here's a flock of rock hard "hindus" that just got the chop this
am ...before the mold could set in this time .

(now to take all that spent Coco out and take up to a friend's outdoor garden)

hindukushxskunk1225smalkk4.jpg

I

In Vino Veritas

terran, that all looks lovely! why aren't you re-using the coco?

G

gdawg

20 whats up tonight man? tonight my girls will get the final flush and then i'll chop in a couple more days. :jump: they really look good too and the nl5xhaze has been on straight water for 12 days. didn't mean to flush that long they just weren't ready. the incans got a good 7 day flush. thanks everybody for helpin me through the run. yeild will be my best per light yet, and i can already see much room for improvement. 20 seen some pics of the outside of the new place earlier, its sweet bro. but like i said there may be some ceiling height concerns. i would like to try the nft or ebb and flow methods but dang, i feel like i'm jsut gettin a handle on this dripper recirc coco shit ya know. IVV those plants look healthy as shit, they'd been in 12/12 a week ago in my show. they are gonna get FAT! the dirt will keep em in check though :laughing: :laughing: i'd also like to try the dwc method in rubbermaids, might even try one on the next run, i've had the netpots and rocks for months.....stoner.

I

In Vino Veritas

the only reason i'm interested in the ebb-grow buckets is the simple fact I don't need to go out and get anything but nutes - i don't really want to hit the hydro shop more than I have to...there are a lot of em down here and I try to rotate but the paranoia still irks. most supplies can be had at the plumbing supply or homedepot, or even a pond catalog..

I've always done well in rw slabs, coco would be a way to do that style again - without tossing it. Slabs are heavy as **** once the plant is dead and its just soaked with old water and roots.. It seems most people don't reuse coco for growing pot more than once or twice. Trying to get some feedback on it.

I think 20 has a life and spends it away from trees (well ones that are still alive) on the weekends.. Heh..

I'll be around, mad work to do.. As promised, tomorrow is day 1 of 12/12...holler back youngin's (hah if ya only knew!)

G

gdawg

yo IVV no chit man those babys' look healthy as shit man. tomorrows the day sweet bro. ya i think 20s got a lil work goin on, snip snip :laughing: plus freakin school... props 20. IVV i would like to go with rows of the rubbermaid containers dwc style but i'm scared i'll **** it up big time and possibly lose a run. i had all the shit to do one container last run and my lazy ass never got around to it :spank: i got some height concerns on the next op. but i don't know if a good scrogn is possible wiht dwc either. new place looks like possibly 2 bloom rooms, 2 lights in one room and 4 in the other. around 4k total with my 400halide. just got done givin the final flush, i'll take em down at day 76. glad to get it down too so i can go out in public for a minute. damn i wish 20 would throw up some good nug shots but that whole camera broke story now is startin to sound a lil fishyy :chin: :laughing: man did you or 20 catch that shit on the news yesterday? welll you know how they always get the redneckest muther****a with jacked up teeth and a greasy ass mechanic shirt on to interview, and they did. i hope my buddies out in vegas ain't see it cuz they **** with me constantly already bout shit like that. it was funny as shit though. seriously though, i ain't nothin like that dude, i live on the other side of town :laughing:

I

In Vino Veritas

G! man i'm all about country living, and i'm a city boi..

thanks dude, some have a little burn on the edges but no biggie. damn...felt like I was working in there for hours.. all I did was clean up the mess, dump half a room full of garbage taking up space and arrange the ballasts.. im'a let em burn in the room for a day, if it gets too hot then i got to move em upstairs..we'll see HPS seems to burn hotter.. I needed to have watered/fed today didn't get around to it.. its 2:20AM, lights kick on at 6AM, so I'll be up at 7AM to handle them.. also my extra HPS bulbs is ****ed, so I'm burning an MH and a HPS.. I don't have a need to hit the hydro shop, so **** it..if one breaks I'll go get what I need and some spares.. I'll be doing a lot of rotation.. (just move the hoods over every few days).. Shouldn't affect much other than a little density and color. We'll see.. Timer has been set, 6a-6p..

**** dwc, thats all sorts of problems I don't want to deal with.. I really dug HighGrade's set up way back when, he was also the first person to show me that a 1000 can handle 5x5 fine with cross lighting (5x10 space, 2000W evenly distributed)..there was also this dude on OG that would post nudies with his bud shots..he did nice work in big 30gal rubbermaids recirculating with 2 bitches each..monsters he grew out Isis like nobody's business... Big grow, a few hundred gallons...thats more work for me..

I think ebb-flow buckets are perfect. No need to hit the dro shop.. Re-usable everything, great performance.. You can scrog, sog, or tree the bitches.. No worries about temps, flood as needed, 4 or more times if you like.. one res, and it lasts since you get it back.. also the table thing, coco is dope as ****..but right now I got em all spread and I can walk around and move em and its nice.. My space is TIGHT for what I'm trying to do.. Buckets on the floor would give me more mobility..ebbflo just seems right for my needs.. dunno undecided.. I want to run coco, maybe I'll just do it for the moms? bleh.. i got time to think..

time to hit the sack homie..happy to see you in good spirits today!

20, question..I bought Maxi-Bloom powder like an idiot thinking it would make a good 13/14 supplement.. Would it? It was 10 bucks, I can use it for emergency flower food if its no good.. Seems like a full bloom nute.. Wondering if I would be able to mix it with FloraNova Bloom?

....damn if its incoherent ill fix it in the morning, I got enough double chocolate stout in me to drown an english sailor..

Last edited:
T

terran2

In Vino Veritas said:
terran, that all looks lovely! why aren't you re-using the coco?

Well , i have rinsed & reused Coco b4 and if i did have another pair of hands around might do it again ...just the xtra amount of work to sift out the roots is enough to push my limits for now . Its all good though ....and after sitting up thru the winter in a pile and letting the rain & elements work on it , will be a fine soil amendment for any garden mix next summer . Think Coco/perlite supplemented with some peat/based soil mix , worm castings and other amendments should make a pretty fine growing medium for outdoors , long as you have plenty of water & root space .

*can grow trees 5gal pots 'n Coco .... opted this round to go from 1gal into 3gal mesh pots on E&F with occasional top hand water . Find that the HK does very well topped once and fills in an 8ft table nicely with 22 plants . These are 3 wks into 12/12 and got a little light colored so upped the Cal/mag to full 3mls /gal , refreshed rez with FN & F-licious+ and a shot of 2.5ml CoolBloom...and all looks good to go . I got those nursery 5gals above for only 7c each at local dump/recycling center , where the 3gal mesh pots below cost $2+ ....so they better work well @!!!

(think the taller, square perfect pots with 2-3gal capacity on top~drip is ultimately the best way to go , you can use a very porous mix with more frequent feedings with plant growth that is explosive & finish/flush is extremely fast ...but E&F is also just sooo easy ;o)

POG below , 3gal mesh pots on E&F
in 3wks 12/12 :
screenhunter06dec011609pw6.gif

Last edited:

20kw dreams

Sorry I haven't been around guys. I think ICMag is a total waste of time right now:D But I'm going to post some pics and go through all the posts tomorrow night.

Peace