What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leafy GDP... scrap or not? 1k rdwc

ajc0k

HYDROPONICS:

What STRAIN are you growing? - Kens Grandaddy Purple
What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?) Clone
What is the age of your plants? not sure.. mid flower
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? Flower
What Technique are you using? Blazeoneup style RDWC.
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.) Hydroton net pots into buckets
What is the Nutrient temperature? 67 F
What Nutrient's are you using? Maxibloom, Cal mag
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using? 800 @.5 conversion
What is the pH of the "Tank"? 5.8-6.0
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equiptment? No.
When was your last watering?
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional)
What size bulb are you using? 1k HPS
What is the distance to the canopy? 16-18 inches
What is your RH Factor? no idea
What is the canopy temperature? no idea
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range) 50's night 60 low 70's day
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) 8" vortex..
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? no, oscillating
Is your water HARD or SOFT? Hard.. tap water
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched - pruned a lot actually..
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When?
Are plant's infected with pest's - no

Anyone know why my plants are so leafy? The first two weeks of 12/12 my PH meter was way off.. Was giving me 6.0 readings but was actually 4.5 ph.. Plants starting getting back on track after i emptied the buckets and refilled them with fresh nutes. Now i'm not sure how long i've been flowering more than 4-5 weeks, way too long and the buds are literally non existant. It's all leaf.. The top 2 inches of canopy are starting to throw fat white hairs but the rest is larfy garbage. My water temps were low early on in flower also, about 60 F.. Fixed now.
I'm finding some nanners on the bottoms also.. What could be the problem? light leaks? lack of D/O? ph problems in the beginning of flower? not enough nutes?

Should i scrap this grow and pick up another 64 kens gdp or sfv og kush and flowering them out with no veg? going to go back to coco for now, I can't afford fucking up another crop experimenting with grow techniques.. or should i wait it out another week or two and see what happens?

*edit - Turns out the roots had clogged the 3/4" drain lines and the plants had some stem rot. Blazeoneup RDWC was not successful, the growth was great but the root mass took up the entire 5 gallon bucket and clogged the lines completely. I wouldn't attempt RDWC again unless I had an undercurrent or similar, like 20 gallon brute trash cans and 4-6" PVC return lines/bulkheads. RDWC is fucking insane and insanely easy, I like it more than coco.
DIdn't mean to bump this thread after years. My apologies.

Last edited:

K Double O

Why in the world would you wanna scrap these GDP's? If its yield your looking for then GDP might not be the best bet. As far as the cut being leafy... IDK? It could be the temps... Or the cut...

Where did you get the cut from?

shredGnar

50s at night and 60s to low 70s during the day?

yes that seems like it would be cold enough to slow growth..

have you grown this cut before? perhaps it is just the phenotype...

ajc0k

It's just odd because i've had two other successful grows with same temps and nice yields. i'm contemplating scrapping it because they literally aren't growing bud. i got the cuts from patient to patient, home of the GDP. it's authentic cut no doubt.
*someone elses properly grown GDP, mine looks nothing like that
Pix3_web.jpg

nvthis

Ken's GDP is a leafy bitch and not a very fun trim.. But the end product, IMO, is excellent indica headstash...

nvthis

Please read...

Ken's GDP is a leafy bitch and not a very fun trim...

It's got nothing to do with temps or bulbs.. It's got everything to do with genetics. No amount od playing with your equipment is going to fix it. It's just what she does....

Mia

Please read...

It's got nothing to do with temps or bulbs.. It's got everything to do with genetics. No amount od playing with your equipment is going to fix it. It's just what she does....

I disagree. And I also grow Ken's gdp regularly.
I have very little doubt temps of 50s at night and low 60 in the day will cause a plant to essentially be stunted to a certain significant degree.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I disagree. And I also grow Ken's gdp regularly.
I have very little doubt temps of 50s at night and low 60 in the day will cause a plant to essentially be stunted to a certain significant degree.

completely agree.....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a GDP that looks like that. Not a big yielder and I gave her 4 week veg.. I did pollinate her when she was very young just starting pushing out the pistels. I think she stopped growing to put her efforts towards the seeds... I started 3 more so I will ahve some GDP to smoke :)

picture.php

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
By the looks of it you've aggresively defoliated am I correct?

If so the timing on your defoliation could have easily stunted them, although there seems to be many possibilities from temps, ph, water base ppm, ect.

After rereading I saw this..."Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched - pruned a lot actually.. "

I believe in defoliation, topping, suppercropping, but at very specific points in the plants life. I also noticed some plants all together do not like being stripped.

Best of luck GDP is a fun one to grow...
DSC07400.jpg

DSC07401.jpg

DSC07354.jpg

DSC07337.jpg

DSC07345.jpg

Unknown.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
hate it when someone cherry pics the picture the they think best represents what there trying to say...

why didn't you show my other pic? you know, the one that shows that your wrong...

been growing GDP for over 10 years...

Latest posts

Latest posts