What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this weed safe to smoke? And, I need to pour out my heart to you guys also...

Well the weed in the picture doesn't look bad for shwag, but if it gives you a sore throat you should try vaping it. Get a vaporizer and you won't even know you're smoking sub quality bud. As far as growing it...it depends on your living situation really. A few plants in a cabinet grow is very very low key and the chances of getting caught are virtually non existent. Depends on things like who you live with, house or apt. traffic through your house ect. Check out the micro grow section of the forum and see if you see any grows you think would suit your needs. Some are so stealth people can be in the same room as the grow and have no clue it's there.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Wow Man. I would grow. But then I always hav..... Your sit? Super strains. Use what you kno... Good luck

L

LouDog420

Look into making QWISO oil out of the bud and a way to vaporize it. May I suggest a Ti pad from aqua lab tech?? It's a great way to turn that less than quality green into some fine smoke. Play around in the resin/hashish forum for a bit and I'm sure you will see something that sparks your interest.

There are some great stealth grows that are definitely worth looking into as well.

Hope you find something that helps fix what ails ya :tiphat:

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here's your options

A. grow and be paranoid
B. grow and relax
C. move to a medical state

G

guest86120975

So if I vaporize, will that only burn the good and none of the bad that might be on the bud? Molds, pesticides, whatever? Sigh, I wish I was still 20...back then I actually had connections for decent weed...when I didn't really "need" them (in a medical sense). Have any of you not ever smelled weed that smelled like tire rubber? I can't help but think something as sprayed on it, or something else is wrong with it. I mean, the stems will break clean and crisp, but the bud its self seems "tough" and kind of moist.

canned abyss1

Veteran
Think about it this way, what is more likely to get you busted. I would think getting herb off of the street would be more of a risk than growing your own. If you don't tell anyone that you grow you should be alright, just keep a bag of regs around to smoke with people so they don't suspect anything.

G

guest86120975

Well under 1oz will not get you jail time here, just a bunch of hassle...but people regularly get many years for even small grows. There's extremely little risk in me getting this weed off the street since a very trusted (but unknowledgeable) friend will bring it to me. Believe it or not, I have a prescription for Marinol which my insurance filled once but is refusing to fill twice. I don't like the stuff anyway, makes me uncomfortable as hell (the side effects make me feel creepy and paranoid). Maybe I should try to cure this bud in a mason jar or something for a week or 2.

Dudesome

Veteran
canned abyss1 just wrote exactly what I was going to. You indeed risk much more by buying on the streets. If you grow your own organically - there is no need to be risking anything unless you are involved in something ilegal(which I doubt).

As for the weed that you buy - it is incredibly cheap! like 2.5 euro per gram... I would never touch weed like that bought in USA. If it was in Thailand or in Nepal - I would adore a 2.5 euro/gram hash/weed. Not in USA... Most likely it's the worst kind of shwag outthere. You might vaporize it, but since it's THAT cheap I would make oil/iso/bubblehash/dry ice hash and get perverdish with that cheap shit in all kinds of ways.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
try a micro grow! lots of info on here from other ppl in the south/midwest i'm sure who also need to keep it low-key

i hate smoking mids almost not worth it but if it helps you then by all means..

G

guest86120975

I have also had passing thoughts of making hash, but that would involve buying a pound or something like that---which would be just as dangerous as a micro grow (for plants, they will pull them up by the roots and weight them without drying them---stalks, leaves, everything...so 1 plant that is 2 feet tall can equal possession of a pound with intent to sell = prison.

Here's a tiny nug of supposed Blue Dream that I was gifted, but, it tastes more like paint than weed--and has no smell at all. You probably wouldn't know from the pic, but it's really awful weed. I've had this one nug for weeks and won't touch it. This is the chemmy hydro, but is better than most if you can believe that. The bad thing is that it doesn't have any medicinal effect at all, with the chemicals present and all.

Even the good stuff sucks? Gee man...

I hear ya on the Marinol though, that stuff is nothing like bud...all the heavy sleepy effects with none of the euphoria.

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Water-cure that schwag. You'll lose flavor but you'll also lose all that water-soluble crap, too.

G

guest86120975

Even the good stuff sucks? Gee man...

I hear ya on the Marinol though, that stuff is nothing like bud...all the heavy sleepy effects with none of the euphoria.

Yea man, I don't know what it is...it's like I live in this zone to where once weed crosses the border it turns to crap. The nug in the last pic has a "new carpet smell" to it, and it's a very weak smell at that...tastes like cardboard and the high is stressful and unpleasant, which is why I haven't smoked the rest of it. Stuff runs $100 a quarter around here, I'm pretty sure it would be hard to sell for any price in CA.

G

guest86120975

Water-cure that scwag. You'll lose flavor but you'll also lose all that water-soluble crap, too.

That's funny, because one time I did soak schwag in water, but the water turned dark brown and I assumed that I had just soaked all the resin off. How does that work, what you're talking about? Is there some way you mean?

AGBeer

Dude, WATER CURE THAT SHIT!

I did an experiment with some shit that was schwagglier than that a while back, and it made it much much better. (Smooth as silk man)

Im in a similar dilemma with similar consequences, and Im starting to lean towards a micro.
Just remember the 3 golden rules -
Dont TELL
Dont Smell
Dont Sell

Good luck bud